Prison Calculator 2.0.2 Update! [Cell Block Size Calculator]

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

TheXWolf
level2
level2

Postby TheXWolf » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 pm

I think it's actually a neat idea and was thinking of working on mine, I started one a few months back but had
too many other things to focus on. With that being said I'm a C# programmer, so hosting online is a drag, I understand
that people just like to play with things. As programmers, even if you know quite a bit there's always a new method (not the literal method() )
of doing things or a new way of coding to try out. 8)
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
grondinm
level1
level1

Postby grondinm » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:09 pm

would you consider releasing the flash file so it could be maybe hosted on a website(i could do that),or just loaded locally in a browser so that those of us not using windows could take advantage of this great tool?

And i would suggest adding total cost for the other layouts.

EDIT: well i should have read the whole thread before posting this...anyway if your looking for a place to host it let me know....
Nodnarb3
level1
level1

Postby Nodnarb3 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 am

grondinm wrote:would you consider releasing the flash file so it could be maybe hosted on a website(i could do that),or just loaded locally in a browser so that those of us not using windows could take advantage of this great tool?

And i would suggest adding total cost for the other layouts.

EDIT: well i should have read the whole thread before posting this...anyway if your looking for a place to host it let me know....

Hey thanks for the offer, I'm almost done my new site to host it, should be ready to go within the week. As for adding the price for other layouts. I plan on rewriting the whole application in the near future and including all features full fledged.
-Nod
Nodnarb3
level1
level1

Web Version Now Available!

Postby Nodnarb3 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 pm

To everyone who was waiting, Prison Calc is now available online, no download required!
Head on over to Nod3.net and find Prison Calc under the apps tab, or check out some games I've been working on.

-Nodnarb3[/url]
Nodnarb3
level1
level1

Re: !Web Version! Prison Calc V0.5.1[Cell Block Size Calcula

Postby Nodnarb3 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 am

After taking a look at some other similar programs to look at what I can do to improve my own in the upcoming release of Prison Calculator 2.0 on my website nod3.net, I noticed a discrepancy in the cost estimation for the exact same layout plans. This is due to the other programs overlooking a key component. They only budget for the price of the foundation, and forget about the price of the walls for each individual cell that breaks one cell up from the rest. My program does not grossly overestimate the cost of a cellblock, the other just underestimate.

On that note; I'm taking all ideas for things I should add into the next release while I'm rewriting the entire thing. Suggest away!

_Nodnarb3
SamTDS
level0

Postby SamTDS » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Nodnarb3 wrote:After taking a look at some other similar programs to look at what I can do to improve my own in the upcoming release of Prison Calculator 2.0 on my website nod3.net, I noticed a discrepancy in the cost estimation for the exact same layout plans. This is due to the other programs overlooking a key component. They only budget for the price of the foundation, and forget about the price of the walls for each individual cell that breaks one cell up from the rest. My program does not grossly overestimate the cost of a cellblock, the other just underestimate.

On that note; I'm taking all ideas for things I should add into the next release while I'm rewriting the entire thing. Suggest away!

_Nodnarb3

could i have a dowload version for when i havent got internet access please :?:
NBJeff
level1
level1

Re: Prison Calculator 2.0.2 Update! [Cell Block Size Calcula

Postby NBJeff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Great little application for anyone with any level of OCD!
Certainly faster than having to plan out the entire building and figure out the cells :P
Nodnarb3
level1
level1

Postby Nodnarb3 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:39 am

SamTDS wrote:could i have a dowload version for when i havent got internet access please :?:

Hey SamTDS,

Check your PM's, and please share this tool with your friends.

Thanks,
Nodnarb3
Benmc70
level1
level1

Re: Prison Calculator 2.0.2 Update! [Cell Block Size Calcula

Postby Benmc70 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:43 am

I can't use the online version because it needs Flash, plugin i don't use anymore. Because of mutiples and reccurent security issues ... Can you maintiain the offline version a bit longer or change the online version to a more "modern" tech ?

Return to “General”