Locked up

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Dancing_Burritos
level0

Locked up

Postby Dancing_Burritos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:03 am

Hey, whats up guys. I Just bought the game about an hour ago, and I really like the game, however, I am having some trouble. When I'm trying to build a prison, halfway through when the first prisoners arrive, everything locks up and the workers can't build and the prisoners can't get through the entrance, the just kinda stand there and twitch around. This has happened twice and I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong, any help?
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 am

The reason they can't get through normal gates is due to a recent update. Only guards can open jail cell doors but anyone can walk through a normal wooden door and there is a staff door which simply blocks prisoners from using it but is much weaker than normal jail cell doors.
Dancing_Burritos
level0

Postby Dancing_Burritos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:01 am

Oh dude, I didn't even notice there were normal doors, thanks man.
Synthetic Systems
level0

Postby Synthetic Systems » Wed May 01, 2013 5:47 am

you can also right click the doors to open them manually
BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Postby BugPowderDust » Wed May 01, 2013 6:59 am

I'm new to this too, but I noticed that if you schedule free time on the regime section, all the jail doors pop open automatically. Similarly, when it's sleepy time, all the prisoners (should) return to their cells,and the door autolock again. Saves a lot of micro :)
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed May 01, 2013 5:38 pm

BugPowderDust wrote:I'm new to this too, but I noticed that if you schedule free time on the regime section, all the jail doors pop open automatically. Similarly, when it's sleepy time, all the prisoners (should) return to their cells,and the door autolock again. Saves a lot of micro :)

Once you research deployment you can also set zones to "unlocked" to allow your workers in to (say) finish building a cell block. Very handy.

Return to “General”