Cooks that won't cook!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

jsousa1919
level0

Re: Cooks that won't cook!

Postby jsousa1919 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:42 am

Just had this problem. I had to unlock micromanagement and open logistics to see that no prison blocks were assigned to the canteen, this happened right after expanding that block.

I assigned the block to the canteen and all was right as rain.
KyleInAction
level0

Postby KyleInAction » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:11 am

This just happened to me tonight, cost me a bit of time but lesson learned. I wasn't getting any food delivered. No broken connections, demand was high, but absolutely no supply.

I was expanding my prison with a new cell block. For some reason or another my screwy cooks took all of my ingredients to the new, unfinished kitchen (which hadn't been designated as a kitchen, but did have some fridges). Took forever to find because no one was ever in there and the FOW blinded me.

So don't put fridges/kitchens anywhere unless you're absolutely ready to start using them.
silky21
level1
level1

Postby silky21 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 am

have the same too.
when I have 8-16 prisoners everything rolls out smoothly.
when 30+ prisoners, no matter the number of cooks,fridges etc.. starvation!!
Jethco
level0

Postby Jethco » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:44 am

I just ran into this problem today. It first happened when I broke the 100 prisoner mark and needed to expand my canteen. So I relocated my kitchen. After that the cooks stopped cooking until I placed a second staff door leading into the wilderness (outside of the prison) then they started cooking again... for a couple of days. Then they stopped cooking again without any provocation. My prison is in melt-down mode now with nearly 100 starving inmates. My supply is just fine. My kitchen is literally overflowing with food. They just won't cook.

I'll be more than happy to attach my .sav file but I'm not seeing any way to attach it to my post.

:?: :?: :?:
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Jethco wrote:I just ran into this problem today. It first happened when I broke the 100 prisoner mark and needed to expand my canteen. So I relocated my kitchen. After that the cooks stopped cooking until I placed a second staff door leading into the wilderness (outside of the prison) then they started cooking again... for a couple of days. Then they stopped cooking again without any provocation. My prison is in melt-down mode now with nearly 100 starving inmates. My supply is just fine. My kitchen is literally overflowing with food. They just won't cook.

I'll be more than happy to attach my .sav file but I'm not seeing any way to attach it to my post.

Use Dropbox or any other file hoster.
elgreco
level0

Postby elgreco » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:26 am

I have the exact same problem with my kitchen. The cooks won't cook for nothing.
I tried everything others mentioned in the forum to no avail.

Here is a link to my save game that illustrates the problem.
It is a dropbox link to a folder containing both the PNG and the actual save game.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3mpozszali9h ... caRra?dl=0

Thank you for looking into this.
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:40 am

elgreco wrote:I have the exact same problem with my kitchen. The cooks won't cook for nothing.

It is a dropbox link to a folder containing both the PNG and the actual save game.

Very easy fix. Just connect the cell area to the canteen and all is fine. (Use the logistics menu with the food distibution).
There has to be a red line between the canteen and the cell area.

BTW: remove all the drains and just place one in each of the four exits. (But never under the shower head)
Parano
level0

Postby Parano » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 pm

First of all, I'm a new user of PA, so, Hi all :)

I had the same problem yesterday and I solved it.

I have been made many change in my kitchen and many meal have been moved in stock area.
I just threw them and my kitchen work now.

Sorry for my english :/

I hope it can be helpful
Jethco
level0

Postby Jethco » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 am

Jethco wrote:I just ran into this problem today. It first happened when I broke the 100 prisoner mark and needed to expand my canteen. So I relocated my kitchen. After that the cooks stopped cooking until I placed a second staff door leading into the wilderness (outside of the prison) then they started cooking again... for a couple of days. Then they stopped cooking again without any provocation. My prison is in melt-down mode now with nearly 100 starving inmates. My supply is just fine. My kitchen is literally overflowing with food. They just won't cook.

I fixed this problem by moving my kitchen a second time. Awkward, I know. But it's been working just fine since then. I even made a second canteen and kitchen on the other side of the prison. So far, so good.
elgreco
level0

Postby elgreco » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:02 am

Drakexz wrote:
elgreco wrote:I have the exact same problem with my kitchen. The cooks won't cook for nothing.

Very easy fix. Just connect the cell area to the canteen and all is fine. (Use the logistics menu with the food distibution).
There has to be a red line between the canteen and the cell area.

BTW: remove all the drains and just place one in each of the four exits. (But never under the shower head)

Oh man, thank you very much! You just made my evening :)
Gerknaut
level0

Postby Gerknaut » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 am

I still have it. It ended temporarily when I changed the food quantity from medium to high, but about a day later is started again.
It seemed to trigger when I started work on a max sec wing and I put a kitchen down. After that, no food arrived. I even deleted the kitchen, restarted the game, still no food came. I put the kitchen back again. I then noticed that every time I selected something it would have this high volume click. I looked at this thread and then set the thing up to High, and after about a day it stopped working again.
To that guy who said it was a feature, explain to me why on Earth would they add that?
Gerknaut
level0

Postby Gerknaut » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

I cam up with a fix to it, I simply deleted all the fridges and then put them back, the cooks started doing their thing again!
sungjae100
level0

Postby sungjae100 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:40 am

Hey, I just tried something. When I assigned a guard to my kitchen, to keep my prisoners from stealing untensils, my cooks started to cook food again. You could try that and see, but I don't know if that was just luck or a fix to the glitch.
btdc00
level0

Postby btdc00 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:19 pm

It's happened with me as well, after a guard's food handle training. Since this time, my cookers just doing food for locked up peoples...because there was a problem with the logistic. The game modified the demand only for the locked up prisoners.
Captain - C
level0

Postby Captain - C » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:31 pm

My chefs have stopped cooking completely, and it has cost me loads. I have no idea why, all the ingredients are in the fridges, all the chefs are there, there should be no reason why they aren't cooking. In a desperate attempt to stop all 100 prisoners rioting in the same canteen, I had to permanently hold all the available riot police in there, and I've put almost the entire regime to eating, but still nothing. The only way out it seems is to quickly sell the prison before the national gaurd take over! I havent changed anything to make them not cook, completely random event I dont know how to fix :/ imgur.com/rZgSry9

Return to “General”