Cooks that won't cook!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

iliketanks1998
level1
level1

Cooks that won't cook!

Postby iliketanks1998 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm

My cooks have stopped cooking, and are just wandering around in the kitchen. The meal variety and quality are both set to low at the moment. Why have my cooks stopped cooking?

I don't think that any food ingredients have arrived either, but i'm not sure what causes them to be delivered.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:03 pm

So, are they not cooking at all ever? even when you have mealtime on your regimes?

generally cooks only start cooking 4hours before(may be 3) mealtime is due. Therefore, if you have no mealtime in your regime, your cooks will never cook.

The ingredients arrive at midnight for the next day.

Hope this helps :)
iliketanks1998
level1
level1

Postby iliketanks1998 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm

[quote="Ric666"]So, are they not cooking at all ever? even when you have mealtime on your regimes?

generally cooks only start cooking 4hours before(may be 3) mealtime is due. Therefore, if you have no mealtime in your regime, your cooks will never cook.

The ingredients arrive at midnight for the next day.

Hope this helps :)[/quote]

well, they aren't, and the prisoners get pretty mad during mealtime with no meals...
gmyx
level1
level1

Postby gmyx » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

The only thing I can think of is the ingredients are not being delivered. check you storage and delivery areas to see if there is room available. If not you might need to expand / create them.
Urigella
level1
level1

Postby Urigella » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 pm

I had a similar thing once before. None of the cooks were doing anything at all. I restarted the game and then shortly afterwards they started moving around sorting out all of the food. At the same time the cash flow went up slightly due to a few additional prisoners arriving so I never did see if it was to do with maybe not having enough money to pay for the food or not (I must learn to keep a better eye on that in the future).
Do unto others as they do unto you.
iliketanks1998
level1
level1

Postby iliketanks1998 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm

[quote="Urigella"]I had a similar thing once before. None of the cooks were doing anything at all. I restarted the game and then shortly afterwards they started moving around sorting out all of the food. At the same time the cash flow went up slightly due to a few additional prisoners arriving so I never did see if it was to do with maybe not having enough money to pay for the food or not (I must learn to keep a better eye on that in the future).[/quote]

Ok. I'l keep an eye on that too. Thanks.
Combine Prison Guard
level0

Postby Combine Prison Guard » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:06 pm

I have the same problem but i have enough money and room its a bug but i cant fix it
the__itis
level0

yup

Postby the__itis » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:07 am

This bug just made the alpha completely unplayable for me. After all the time and effort I put into a prison and now my cooks just stopped without reason....... this game is getting shelved until I get a release alert that this bug is fixed.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:59 am

It's not a bug and this is not the developer forum. You've done something silly. Stop having a tantrum and post this in the right place, ideally with a screenshot.
ssaowner
level1
level1

Postby ssaowner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Guys, Try going to the save folder and checking if food is enabled.
predmijat
level0

Re: Cooks that won't cook!

Postby predmijat » Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Hey,
my cooks don't cook at all...here is my prison:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ticfghqrnfwe ... x0ONju3P1a

What am I doing wrong?

edit: figured it out...if you open my savegame you will see I added some fridges in the hallway, but didn't expand the kitchen room to the hallway. All ingredients were on those fridges in the hallway and not the ones in the actual kitchen (I don't know why they don't show up on those in the kitchen too, though). After expanding the kitchen, the cooking started.
craazyy22
level0

Postby craazyy22 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:01 am

I had the same problem and i used many hours to figure it out. when i change the meal quality to high it all went back to normal i began to get food and the cooks cooked it. i think it is a glitch with the low quality meals
tack2900
level0

Postby tack2900 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:47 am

I found setting the food quality and quantity to high got my cooks going again. They stopped after completing the food study grant. My problem now is the food waste blocking security doors. Have garbage cans, have available workmen and janitors just walking around. Don't know what I'm missing. Even removed the security doors to make sure they weren't "blocking" the pickup of the items. Stumped here.
Drakexz
level2
level2

Postby Drakexz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:44 am

Please upload a save-file. Maybe i can find the "error".

There can be various reasons for your problem.
cdragonm
level0

Postby cdragonm » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 am

So, well over a year later and this issue still exists, no matter how many cooks, cookers, serving tables fridges, sinks or inmates I have no one gets food, I don't even get ingredient deliveries no more... How can it have been this long and that one issue is not fixed. All my inmates are starving to death (many already dead) in countless maps, regardless of prison/canteen/kitchen configurations.

Return to “General”