I want to help this game out! So please help me out!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Zularti
level0

I want to help this game out! So please help me out!

Postby Zularti » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:10 am

To get right into it I love city building games and, as questionable as it could be to say, I love prisons. I'm currently in law school after a tough choice between pursing a job as a lawyer or going into corrections with hopes of becoming a warden.

Now don't get me wrong I fully understand that this is a game and in no way a correct or accurate depiction of prison. I simply have a few questions about features in the game. Any information would be helpful. I'm going to try to list my information in a somewhat orderly fashion but we'll see how it goes.

Is this game more focused on actually building a prison or the management of a prison?

Will I have to worry about visitors bringing in items to aid my prisoners in committing crimes?

Do I get to perform criminal activities? Let's say I have a really violent prisoner so I get another prisoner or guard to kill him. Then I get to deal with the fallout from my actions. Maybe the guard isn't that corruptible and turns me in, or the investigation leads them to find out that I did it.

Along with the previous question do I get to do illegal stuff in general and just run a prison that's ripe with illegal activity?

How smart are prisoners? Will they grab a wrench and start trying to beat my generator till the power goes out, will they start riots, will they make hidden deals with guards, and so on?

Are they going to let some more controversial themes be in the game? I know this kind of game is a lighthearted representation so I don't mean to sound to crazy by asking about this features. These features not being in or considered will in no way deter me from getting the game.
-Racially motivated gangs/crimes in my prison
-Giving me the ability to divide my prison by race
-Punishment and other options ranging from borderline inhumane to super pampering
-Conjugal visit
-Sexually motivated crimes from both inmates and staff
-Isolation cells
-Suicide/mental health issues, along with that psychiatrists, vocational jobs, and so on

I could type a lot more but having some or all of these questions answered will give me a good representation of what the game is about. I know it sounds like I'm more concerned about the management, but that's probably why I like Tropico more than Sim City, but I do love a good old city builder!

Thanks for any help!
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:49 pm

The development of this game is still at the very beginning, so we can't yet answer most of your questions because many features are probably yet to be implemented. The only one who really could answer that is Chris Delay himself (the one who does the programming in case you didn't know) and I doubt he would lay out every little detail of his plan here. It's even quite possible that he doesn't yet know himself whether this feature or that will be implemented or not. Programming takes time, so I guess at some point he will have to think about stopping to add features and just finish up the game (though that point is still WAY off in the future :P).

You could however read the Roadmap for Prison Architect thread, there are a lot of ideas laid out. Some discussion about the more "touchy subjects" you mentioned is being done in the video in that thread. However, this thread is already five months old, so I would assume that some of the decisions which were only considered back then have been made behind the scenes. We don't know about it though and I guess everyone would be happy if Chris released an "updated" roadmap about how things concerning the whole picture have changed since then. Perhaps he's planning to do that when the old roadmap becomes half a year old :P
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
JohnnyBo
level0

Re: I want to help this game out! So please help me out!

Postby JohnnyBo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 am

I'm spooky skeleton

Return to “General”