Greatest escapist (doors, guards and items thoughts)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

vpalmer
level0

Greatest escapist (doors, guards and items thoughts)

Postby vpalmer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 pm

at Alpha 7 one of prisoners taked keys (which lay on the ground after another "cops vs mobs" friendly boxing round) and run to the prison's exit.
the exit from prison was 1 square wide passage with metal detector closed on both ends with jail doors and guard stationed between them.
and as prisoner gets close to first door, guard run to catch him and, ATTENTION, prisoner slips beside guard to the next door, get time to open it and fly away.
Flash Gordon in my prison? but seriously this issue makes door guarding useless.
i think what when you invest in such kind of guarding (with few doors guarded gateway) escaping such prison must not be that straight way run.
insteed prisoners must take way around like:
1. underground passages
2. cutting through wire walls with metal cutters
3. drill holes in brick walls
4. may be destroy walls with explosives
5. may be bribing some guard (but it can be not so easy to incorporate in game)
6. and as some of extreme option to escape - help to escape from the out side by accomplices of some High risk prisoner.

all this items for escape, as well as weapons for riots, prisoners can take as :
1. controband on arriving
2. controband on meetings with family (saw for metal in bread - classic =) ). this make meeting with family double sided coin - prisoners need it to keep them calm, but it will be dangerous becouse of contraband possibility
3. by bribing guards

Toys for guard idea:
1. guarding towers with spotlghts (even with armed guard)
2. guarding dogs to patrol high risk zone (may be, as some sort of drawback, lifting up "pressed" feeling of prosoners that way), pursue escaping prisoners /find drugs in prison (hear about "drugs" idea in one of your interview)

all this stuff is too obvious of course and i'm sure team thought about this things. but writing thi to remember - all of that is so important to evolve PA in the true gem which it can to be i'm sure.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Sounds like you were very unlucky as I've never experienced this before. Raising the issue in the bug tracker and/or developer forum is the correct cause of action. Issues raised here may be missed.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:51 pm

I've seen it as well. It's not a bug, it's a feature I say!

One of my goons started punching the bed, when a guard opened the cell to deliver some justice the little oik sidestepped him and made for the exit. He was stopped at the next gate. It's was a thinner set pencil guys, I want to now see if he does laps around the yard to get faster...

I like it. Different style than the bruiser types!

I'm waiting for one to sweet talk a nurse into getting the door open
orangetayo
level1
level1

Postby orangetayo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I think this is why the newer lockdown feature was added.
TimberTon
level1
level1

Postby TimberTon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 am

I'm waiting for one to sweet talk a nurse into getting the door open

Haha, i would absolutely love to see this ingame :).

Return to “General”