Mac OSX version how to mod before release and of mod support

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Zitux
level1
level1

Mac OSX version how to mod before release and of mod support

Postby Zitux » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 am

PrisonArchitect (MacOSX(MacOs) version on MacOSXLion(10.8.3), other OSX may be compatible):-*
Howto modding (image, text definition/data also code, …) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Open the package (right click -< open the package), package is the application (likely a dmg format).
Some files appears (linux system, likely UNIX,-> EVERYTHING IS A FILE), folder Macos (look at it, an console/terminal file shall be "learning/fruitful" -> interesting), more likely go to resources folder. :-/ :-?

Lots of interestings files already. But some ".dat" files, containing even more resources, are/lies there,(caution those are quite large files as text/symbols files, so care of which text reader you're choosing) when you open them as text/symbols files you can read (likely) "rar"/"Rar"? as firsts characters… -> likely meaning it is an rar "archive". Tried common related to game .dat software unsuccessfully. :-} :roll:

To open those .dat files, go to AppStore app (procure/get/...) to download "The Unarchiver", which is able to open and expand those rar file (categorize in a "more traditionnal/common" way this/those files, also but not least either last with a folder tree), and at the time I did get it was free (the software), looking to rar "uncompressor/compressor" might work aswell' -<(1) :-)

Advised to backup "files (you're) willing to modify", may save/economize you download credit from introversion download system, (I did simply copy them to an external folder), (and in this external folder) I did expand those "archive"/compilation, and then obtained "more" moddable files (in my opinion aka imo). Explore them, "grants" file can let u familiarize with coding/algorythmin'/scriptin'. ;-)

Then you're done, especially with that png image file containing all personage/objects/utilities.. You can then amongst other things embed (depending off your skills) current theme, either modify it, the theme… (going to sw aka star wars theme, as for the moment, ?subject to change? …). :-D "GG"/gg

N.B. (nota bene): did some more (pastly) messing around to get them opened, shall work directly. :-= :) :lol:

P.S. I will study how to open Mac "package" within windows/"other sys" :? :?
orangetayo
level1
level1

Postby orangetayo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 am

Dude I really want to understand what you've got going on there (especially since I'm running OSX and might like to mod it at some point), but good god man! lol
Zitux
level1
level1

Additionnal Ressources

Postby Zitux » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 am

I can advise you to download (buy) Robotkill on the MacAppStore, the package contains lots of images that can be used mostly directly (I think, to be verified) within Prison Architect (robot theme).

http://www3.sympatico.ca/illumina/WH40K/ on this link you'll find lots of tiny images too (mostly Tau related) than can help you mod. There is ".zip" package available on this site. Aswell don't hesitate to navigate on "parent page" there is additionnal ressources.

I found out that this kind of image (representation) are called Lore, don't know even it's the right word/term but it helped me find those tiny images.... :-)

HAVE FUN, and Enjoy!

PS: If some enthusiast are wishing do that : make a repository of collected "Lore" images, sound effects / music swell, they are welcome. Answer this post and precise that it is what you wish to do.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 am

Dude I really want to understand what you've got going on there, but good god man!

What he said.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 am

Last edited by Mas Tnega on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zitux
level1
level1

Postby Zitux » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 pm

7zip is unable to open the dat correctly, why do you induct a "rush" on the dat file??? "extract to MacOs Ressources folders..." weird....

I will not troll, but think you should close physically your mouth... you're talking of something you ignore, deform my text, and if people read your post they will certainly fail the method

edit : you come troll here, 'cause my answer on the "torrent thread"?

edit 2: If a moderator can delete this post and the one above, it will greatly improve the "overall pert" of the method, Mas post is out of subject and disturbating. Thx.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Last edited by Mas Tnega on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:12 am

you're talking of something you ignore, deform my text, and if people read your post they will certainly fail the method

1. How can someone both ignore something and talk of it at the same time?
2. I can assure you that deformation of your text can only make it more comprehensible.
3. There was a method in your madness?
Zitux
level1
level1

Postby Zitux » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am

Go troll off your own thread, this person only come here cause of my answer about piratebay legacy (aim not a preacher)
now you try any argument without any substance or fund just because of that, you piss me off, get off my thread, bunch of stupid assholes

i don't want see anybody answer this post or try any argument it's all

Return to “General”