28%
No
72%

Total votes: 234
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:It makes perfect sense. Someone all about the booze, booty and wenches would certainly want the Physical Pleasures.

Last edited by 111none on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
With the sincerest regards,
111none
orangetayo
level1
level1

Postby orangetayo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 am

This topic is so pointless in so many ways.

I'm only going to say one thing, which is that it's so obvious that piracy is not a concern of the developers at this stage. Simply look at the way the game is installed. There's nothing wrong with a developer trusting its customers to buy the game and not distribute it. They know that the people who care enough to buy the game do, and people who don't care, won't... ever. Nothing else to see here.
chronno
level0

Postby chronno » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 am

I voted "no" because I would rather them spend that time and money on something that can actually be done; making the best damn game they can make. It would waste so much time and money trying to stop the unstoppable, may as well spend that time and money making the game better. The better a game that's made, the more people will buy it.
Aznsteel
level1
level1

Postby Aznsteel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

I said no, Its pointless to be able to take it off as it can still be easily placed on another torrent
RonP
level1
level1

Postby RonP » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 am

Actually Pirate Bay is social media marketing for video games. That is why the wiki is locked so people who want it pay. Tell me why there is not a serial number to play the game ?

Anyways you obviously subscribe to greed. Once these fine people stop working on PA sales will die off and pirate bay will archive it. I am sure we have seen only the start of sales for Introversions new product.
Model Railroad Plans www.modelersguild.com
DeepQantas
level1
level1

Postby DeepQantas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 pm

You can't download the part where you get to give money to cool people.

That's usually the one that makes customers out of pirates.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Ironically, it's the paying customers who are in prison

Take that, logic! :wink:
Zitux
level1
level1

Postby Zitux » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 am

Obviously I got this game on pirate bay first (aswell as on another site), I could then discover the game and wished to buy it, what I've done. Torrent site ("pirate") can be good promotial platform aswell.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 am

Zitux wrote:Obviously I got this game on pirate bay first (as well as on another site), I could then discover the game and wished to buy it, what I've done. Torrent site ("pirate") can be good promotial platform as well.

+1
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 am

Zitux wrote:Torrent site ("pirate") can be good promotial platform as well.

Can be. Honestly, I'd sooner see myself legitimately acquiring something I don't have before I worry about acquiring legitimately something I got illegitimately in the first place. I guess the minor inconvenience of finding an updated torrent every month will give you a lot of opportunities to "not have" it.

111none wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:It makes perfect sense. Someone all about the booze, booty and wenches would certainly want the Physical Pleasures.

Something wrong?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 am

Mas Tnega wrote:
Zitux wrote:Torrent site ("pirate") can be good promotial platform as well.

Can be. Honestly, I'd sooner see myself legitimately acquiring something I don't have before I worry about acquiring legitimately something I got illegitimately in the first place. I guess the minor inconvenience of finding an updated torrent every month will give you a lot of opportunities to "not have" it.

111none wrote:

Something wrong?

um... nothing.........
With the sincerest regards,
111none
d3c3it_G
level0

Postby d3c3it_G » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 pm

It's a no from me. Why? Simple because it's a waste of money. Even if Prison Architect was developed in a fully closed environment with highly restricted DRM it would still be cracked. Take all of EA's games, million dollar company and they can't stop it. At the end of the day Introversion has a loyal fan base (like us) who pay to play the game because we want to support the developers. If you decided you'd rather just pirate the game, fine go ahead, but at the end of the day you don't have any say in how the game evolves or can ask for any support.

The way Introversion have decided to tier the different versions of the game made me buy the game as I wanted my "Name In The Game". Also with Introversion being indie I wanted to support them even more.

Besides, it kinda worked out for this game http://goo.gl/hwyNO
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:25 am

TBH, I once tried to get PA off pirate bay because my parents wouldn't allow me to purchase it. I didn't get it, and now I'm missing 30$ :D . Best purchase ever.
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
dabriggs13
level0

Postby dabriggs13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 am

Well P.A is still in Alpha state but yet it's already in several torrent sites. Not only TPB. Anyways, in Sweden or in any part of UK TPB url has already been set up to be blocked by their ISP. But now a lot of proxy sites for pirate bay has already scattered now in the internet. Sites such as http://piratebayalternate.in/ can be use to access TPB and thus be bypass the blocking.
Fidelius
level0

Postby Fidelius » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 am

I bought this game (an Alpha for 30$, dont we forget) thanks to a pirate versión from TPB.

I think a 2 or 3 versions lower game should be downloable as a "demo" version to even allow better reception for future buyers.

Return to “General”