28%
No
72%

Total votes: 234
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

What if TPB actually takes PA down because PA is "indie"? Just thinking, though.

Best stop thinking, if you haven't already... ;)
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 am

paktsardines wrote:
What if TPB actually takes PA down because PA is "indie"? Just thinking, though.

Best stop thinking, if you haven't already... ;)

QFT lol
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:33 am

Pfft, "indie" is just corp waiting to sell out, man.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 am

TBH "Indie" has lost its meaning, I have no idea what that word means nowadays. Most people (dumb people) actually think it's a genre. And I'm not sure either.
Kadanz
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Taking Out Prison-Architect off Pirate Bay

Postby Kadanz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Ceramic wrote:So as you all have seen/downloaded/heard that P.A is in Pirate Bay? Before playing Prison Architect you used to download cracked P.A? Well screw you. I haven't downloaded the cracked Prison Architect. I was just wondering that if Introversion could file a lawsuit at Pirate Bay because maybe 100's of thousands of people have the cracked version right now and that's not fair is it? We spent 30-1000$ and then here comes some kids with free Prison-Architect without paying $30. Sucks right? Tell me what you think

Hahahaha look at the votes 14 people probably voted No 'cause they got Prison Architect off Pirate Bay.

Question: What were you doing on the piratebay? :wink:
GraveeKing
level0

Postby GraveeKing » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:04 am

I agree with the majority here, leave pirate-bay alone, if it isn't uploaded there it'll be somewhere - right now it's insanely easy to distribute, it's literally just a zip file, you could just as easily distribute it on drop-box.
If people like it in future they'll buy it. Right now it's just an alpha and most people who don't know introversion that well don't want to dedicate money towards a game. I think they're more interested in getting the game out and making it for the fans that have bought it rather than complaining about those who haven't.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Mainstream devs have no clue what to do about piracy. But Introversion knows. IV has known what to do from day one.

Buying is quite simply the superior option. Nothing more to it.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am

Just dropped in to say, sometimes downloading from pirate bay is entirely warranted. For example, downloading Simcity 5 from Pirate Bay is not only warranted, it's your civic duty. There's no way a company should be able to sell a steaming pile of poo like that. Ironically EA's 'always online' DRM has all but guaranteed that Simcity 5 will be the least purchased, most pirated game ever. It's fascinating. The simcity subreddit is seething with rage.

Oh, and here's a simcity4 vs simcity5 map size comparison:

DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 am

paktsardines wrote:Just dropped in to say, sometimes downloading from pirate bay is entirely warranted. For example, downloading Simcity 5 from Pirate Bay is not only warranted, it's your civic duty. There's no way a company should be able to sell a steaming pile of poo like that. Ironically EA's 'always online' DRM has all but guaranteed that Simcity 5 will be the least purchased, most pirated game ever. It's fascinating. The simcity subreddit is seething with rage.

You don't like it or the way it's done, you don't use it, it's really that simple.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

That's right, I don't use it and I certainly don't buy it. A lot of people pre-purchased with the belief that after 10 years of development good things would follow. Now they legitimately want to set fire to things.

Personally I'll wait until someone's modded it into offline single-player mode, expanded the map and made the AI less retarded. Then I'll head to Pirate Bay. If it was available and cracked right now I wouldn't even waste the bandwidth.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Or you could just play Sim City 4?
TimberTon
level1
level1

Postby TimberTon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Or you could just play Sim City 4?

+ Rush hour still being the greatest city building simulator i ever played.

All they had to do is polishing Sim City 4 a bit....

But if you played a old game over and over again and know it blindly, even tried all of the better mods, the fun is out...

Oh, and here's a simcity4 vs simcity5 map size comparison:

But hey, it has some minor "multiplayer" function in compensation, wasn't that something you allways wanted to see implemented in a city building simulator?

Cities XL tried that twice and failed twice... Sim City 5 so far reminds me a lot to Cities XL...
Kilmannan
level1
level1

Postby Kilmannan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

The majority of people that download ripped software / films from the internet, would never have bought it in the first place.

Even then, sometimes you download a film and think; "Wow, so good, I'm going to go buy the original/boxset/limited edition/etc"

Even if you do email PA to your friends to try out, what's the harm in it? At this stage of the development, none. Maybe they'll like it and decide to join the Alpha for the updates, access, etc.

People need to start thinking out the box. Yes, things aren't free and shouldn't be, but just like a car, I want to take it for a drive to see how it feels before I buy it. Remember all those demo's you used to get? Where have they gone nowadays? Most games don't have demo's, means you can't try it, means you decide to pirate it rather than risk the cash.

Bleargh.
Estacaco
level0

Postby Estacaco » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks for the heads up that there's free downloads out there! Never would have though I could find it in Alpha. You have just as much reason to Pirate the new Sim City poop, like the PA poop.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:39 am

The fact you're calling PA poop clearly shows you've not even played the game. PA is far more playable in alpha than minecraft ever was. Dick head.

Return to “General”