Cell Block Design.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 pm

this is the final product of my prison functioning.

arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 am

in the continued effort to make my prison more compact to handle more inmates i have been able to redesign my block to handle 36 more cells. using the same space and building sizes. on a large map this equates to 1136 cells for prisoners. which im working on now.

to see my screen shots for the game visit the link also shots of me setting my my high capacity low security 1136 cell prison.
http://s28.beta.photobucket.com/user/ar ... 0architect
Blinksys
level0

Postby Blinksys » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am

arwan wrote:in the continued effort to make my prison more compact to handle more inmates i have been able to redesign my block to handle 36 more cells. using the same space and building sizes. on a large map this equates to 1136 cells for prisoners. which im working on now.

to see my screen shots for the game visit the link also shots of me setting my my high capacity low security 1136 cell prison.

That's absolutely insane.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm

It's not neccessary to add all these luxuries to a cell to avoid prisoners to get insane. Even it's not neccessary to make an only freedome regime to get your prison running good.
IAMZWANEE
level1
level1

Postby IAMZWANEE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:52 am

I really like your design. My cells now are just 2x3 with bed, toilet, tv, and window. If I had the cash and the space, I would totally use your design.

Quick questions:

How long did it take you to raise up that much money?
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 pm

A fellow prison designer after my own heart. I plan things to the en'th degree! It's actually quite ridiculous sometimes. I drew up the small map in AutoCAD so I could plan it perfectly...haha. I had the prison so efficiently made, there was barely room to move..lol..i'll post a pic later.

you have a nice room design but it looks way too expensive for every prisoner for my liking. I make a simple 2x3 with bed, toilet & tv. They seem more than happy with that so I don't give them anymore ;)

I'll could also post some pics of my canteen/shower designs which are also very efficient while still being aesthetically pleasing. Although I don't think there is anything new/different to how most people do their designs.
Teglhus
level0

Postby Teglhus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Most exellent thread. I wish Arwan could link a few more highres screenshots on the overview map. Im curious on what Arwan has build on the right side of the large map.
ersatzian
level0

Postby ersatzian » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 am

I'm a tad surprised at how many people place TVs in their prisoners' cells. Isn't that rather expensive? Anyhow I've always gone with eight cells in a 9x17 space:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
=ppppppp=pppppppp=ppppppp=ppppppp=
|||||__|||||||__|||||||__|||||||__|||||
\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
|||||__|||||||__|||||||__|||||||__|||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

where | and = are walls, __ and / cell doors, ~ an open corridor, and p where the prisoner goes. Something like that. Then again, given my apparent inability to run a self-sustaining prison I don't think I should be giving out advice any time soon.
Delling
level0

Postby Delling » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 am

My recent design is based on someone on here commenting about avoiding shower riots by having personal showers.

For low sec I use blocks ten cells in length (31x16) (totaling 20 cells/block) with one patrolling guard and a large jail door at the block entrance, set to always open, it's only a security measure used in lockdowns.
Medium/general sec (16x16) has 5 (10 total) in length and one patrolling guard, plus the block entrance door is in normal mode (so the guard is close to the metal detectors when the prisoner walks through).
High sec (16x19) uses the same design as medium, except there are two corridors and a wall between them so that one guard patrols 5 cells. In this wall is a jail door so that the other guard can get there faster in case of a fight.

High sec block, for the general remove one corridor and the middle wall:

Code: Select all

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X"¤bedX  X  Xbed¤"X
X;¤   |  X  |   ¤;X
XXXXXXX  X  XXXXXXX
X"¤bedX  X  Xbed¤"X
X;¤   |  X  |   ¤;X
XXXXXXX  X  XXXXXXX
X"¤bedX  |  Xbed¤"X
X;¤   |  X  |   ¤;X
XXXXXXX  X  XXXXXXX
X"¤bedX  X  Xbed¤"X
X;¤   |  X  |   ¤;X
XXXXXXX  X  XXXXXXX
X"¤bedX  X  Xbed¤"X
X;¤   |  X  |   ¤;X
XXXXXXX--X--XXXXXXX
       TT TT

X = wall, ¤ = drain, " = shower, ; = toilet, | = door, - = door, T = detectors

ASCII stuff since I'm not at home atm. All my corridors are two pixels wide.
The shower pixel is considered shower, the rest of the cell is marked cell.
I could of course change one of the drains to a wall, but that would hide the prisoner from the guard. :twisted:

It's of course not squeezing money or space, nor have I played very long, but it feels about right so far.
TVs, phones etc are in the canteen, yards and common rooms.

Only real odd thing is that recently the prisoner has sometimes taken to running down the hall and are actually showering together in some places......... :oops:
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:14 am

My cells depend on my mood and if im using communal showers but here are two types one i use the other i dont.

3x2 (Not using this as the screenwill show below but its possible and i dont think it should be myself)

This was a prison made in Alpha10 (min, medium and max sec) mainly created to see if multiple laundrys would work if an area was designated to a certain security type
Prison design: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7361/66lp.png
Prison report: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2104/x9tf.png

5x2
Guy in this image was awake for nearly a week, would not sleep in the cell he was assigned have no reason why had to move him, did notice his "brother" was next to him maybe they didnt get along haha
Jasonmm92
level1
level1

Postby Jasonmm92 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:20 pm

I like my roommate design

less hotel looking ?

Crazydevo111
level0

Re: Cell Block Design.

Postby Crazydevo111 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:04 pm

This conversation helped me a lot, Thanks everybody
MonkeyGaming
level0

Postby MonkeyGaming » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 am

Great job! I've used this design a number of times before this reply :P and I'll continue to!
Munashiimaru
level1
level1

Postby Munashiimaru » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 am

I'm surprised how many people have broken links now >.<

My favorite designs involve 4 cells across from 4 cells with a copied set across from a shower so 16 total cells use one centered shower. In one cell block I'll usually gut 4 cells out and make them a holding cell.

Example:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Munashiima ... 7013947657

That prison had a 24% re-offend rate like 7 deaths (like half were because I didn't understand how doctors worked completely yet) and 1 escape after 60 days and I started from scratch (didn't come in with funds from old sale of prison).
newty15
level1
level1

Re:

Postby newty15 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:46 pm

arwan wrote:in the continued effort to make my prison more compact to handle more inmates i have been able to redesign my block to handle 36 more cells. using the same space and building sizes. on a large map this equates to 1136 cells for prisoners. which im working on now.

Thats loads! How are you running a prison of that size?

Return to “General”