Layers/Stories, questions of- and ideas for the future

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Kanakotka
level0

Layers/Stories, questions of- and ideas for the future

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Generally, when i look at sanitariums and prisons, they're around 2-3 stories tall, generally with a basement (especially the old ones, with a morgue).

Is this being planned in any way? Would probably be rather cool to have layers of structures, like the roof/floor 2 layer being the same (one layer above the rest, let's say 2.5m/layer)

This would of course also affect the ways waterworks and electricity is handled. You could possibly run electric wires underground (more costly), or run them overhead, as in a prison, running them in a visible fashion to all inmates could be... dangerous, needless to say. Not to mention could give a notable disadvantage if a more devious inmate would decide to cut power to a cellblock, or use them in another fashion.

Also, of waterpipes, in a similar fashion, you obviously have handling of water at some level in (hello showers and drains, as well as breaking any water related objects), is it planned in any way for prisoners to do vandalism on the water pipes et.c.? Or any number of disasters befalling them, imagine having a prisoner break a waterpipe running close to electric wiring that he had previously damaged and causing a massive power outage, and possibly breaking(!) numerous electrical equipments with his actions.

Anyhow, that's just random ideas, but i'd absolutely love to see differentiation of indoor/outdoor electric wiring (currently it's all bundled indoor rack cable), as well as having electrics done in a more complex fashion.. of course, relatively complex to its abusability. Would like to see possible fuse boxes and breakers though.

And mostly, i'd love to see multiple stories/layers of prison. Although a single story prison could be more of the game's scope at this point, i'd absolutely love to re-enact some of the more classic prison outlets, like say, the tower of London for instance.

Discuss.
eagleFMJ
level1
level1

Postby eagleFMJ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Kanakotka
level0

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Neither of those exist for me. Are they on the alpha forum? If so, how do i gain access to it?
eagleFMJ
level1
level1

Postby eagleFMJ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Kanakotka wrote:Neither of those exist for me. Are they on the alpha forum? If so, how do i gain access to it?

Hi, you would need to buy the game http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/ once you buy the game you will be givin a serial key that's used to enable the 'Alpha Forum'.

It's well worth it mate, sure the game is buggy but updates will be coming soon and there is loads of good info about the game in the alpha forum/wiki as well as mods (yes mods), user created apps and more.

Just to give an example about one of the tools and what it does

Code: Select all

The Prison Architect Savegame Editor allows you to change the key-variables of your savegame.

-can can edit:
    Money
    Maintainance
    Security
    Legal
    MentalHealth
    Finance
    ReducePenalty1
    ReducePenalty2
    ReducePenalty3
    ReducePenalty4
    ReducePenalty5
    GuardPatrols
    SecurityRoom
    RiotGuards
    Health
    Cleaning
    GroundsKeeping
    Clone

-can show the technology tree for reference
-can change your preferences/settings in a safe way
-can enable sandboxing features (i.e. No need of Food/Electricity etc.)
-can satisfy all needs of the prisoners at once
-can unstuck all prisoners

Moreover you will have a hand in the development of the game, but you have to really love this this game to want to spend 30$+ on it.

I don't regret my purchase for a second, the game is pure awesome and only going to get better as time goes on and I want to be a part of that.

eagle
Kanakotka
level0

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I do own the game and have the key, but haven't the slightest idea where to put it in.

I pretty much got it on the first day the alpha pre-order came out.
eagleFMJ
level1
level1

Postby eagleFMJ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Kanakotka wrote:I do own the game and have the key, but haven't the slightest idea where to put it in.

I pretty much got it on the first day the alpha pre-order came out.

Use this link here http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... ister.html and then use forum username, password & also the game key you received in email.

All this info is also found inside the PDF found in the same place the game download was.

eagle
Last edited by eagleFMJ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kanakotka
level0

Postby Kanakotka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Ah, and i never figured to look inside the PDF. I feel dumb now.

Thanks a lot for your help
eagleFMJ
level1
level1

Postby eagleFMJ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Kanakotka wrote:Ah, and i never figured to look inside the PDF. I feel dumb now.

Thanks a lot for your help

No worries, Welcome to Alpha!

eagle

Return to “General”