playing on a laptop

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

mikeholg8
level0

playing on a laptop

Postby mikeholg8 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 pm

i'm on a laptop, how do i rotate things?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 pm

City Builder
level2
level2

Postby City Builder » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 am

Try pressing both of your laptops mouse buttons at the same time, on some laptops it's configured to act as a middle mouse button.
poptart911
level1
level1

Zooming

Postby poptart911 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I miss Q and E for zoom, like in DEFCON.
Illanair
level3
level3

Re: Zooming

Postby Illanair » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 pm

poptart911 wrote:I miss Q and E for zoom, like in DEFCON.

First alpha build - Can't expect the world. You can emulate both zoom and scroll clicks using key emulator tools as a workaround though. :)
akihiro222
level0

I bought this game, and i have nothing but problems.

Postby akihiro222 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Okay so let me put this out there, I love the idea of this game, it looks like an amazing game.
But here are my list of problems.
- I HAVE NO MOUSE CURSOR! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A GAME WITHOUT A MOUSE CURSOR?!
- I cant see the introduction to the game i paid for. It just brings me to the begining of a jail.

I'm very upset with this game overall, like i said it seems like a really good game, and i love the idea, but this seems a little bit ridiculous
Very upset. I wold like assistance please.. :evil:
nerdbiker
level1
level1

Re: I bought this game, and i have nothing but problems.

Postby nerdbiker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 am

akihiro222 wrote:I HAVE NO MOUSE CURSOR! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A GAME WITHOUT A MOUSE CURSOR?!

What platform are you playing on? Windows, Mac, Steam etc. and using what type of computer?

akihiro222 wrote:I cant see the introduction to the game i paid for. It just brings me to the begining of a jail.

To be honest, I didn't find the official introduction to the game at all helpful. It's very pretty, with nice graphics and pictures, but it didn't help me understand the game at all in the beginning; after all, this is an alpha ;)

akihiro222 wrote:I'm very upset with this game overall, like i said it seems like a really good game, and i love the idea, but this seems a little bit ridiculous
Very upset. I wold like assistance please.. :evil:

Take a look at the The Ultimate Guide to Prison Architect. That will get you started, happy prison building!
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 am

nerdbiker wrote:Take a look at the The Ultimate Guide to Prison Architect. That will get you started, happy prison building!

Personally I hate those guides, I think playing the intro and then messing around will get you on your way rather well. Although I have to say I restarted a level about a hunderd times because I ran out of money, I didn't know you could take on grants and 10 000 isn't a lot haha
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:29 am

nerdbiker wrote:To be honest, I didn't find the official introduction to the game at all helpful.

I would have to disagree... These forums are full of people who try to build 4 walls and then wonder why they can't place indoor room types. They're full of people who use the room tool to paint just one square inside the building and then wonder why it's not a functional room. And it almost always turns out that those people skipped the introduction. So I would say, the introduction helps at least a little ;)
But if you mean that it doesn't teach you everything about the game, I agree. It was made for Alpha 1 and since then, many more features have been added. For those who followed along the way it's not a big deal, but for players who join now I'd imagine it's pretty hard to figure out how all the new features work.

Return to “General”