[NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi benatssu,

benatssu wrote:is there a specific place to put up some suggestions or can i just make a new post in the general section?? cheers

Suggestions for Prison Architect go in the Developer sub-forum which can be found here: viewforum.php?f=43

If you can't access it, then you need to activate your account. Learn how by reading this post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17453&start=75#p570923

Cheers!
SpyCop
level0

Postby SpyCop » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 am

I can't access the Alphe Dev Forum.

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Why?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

SpyCop wrote:I can't access the Alphe Dev Forum.

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Why?

Read the post directly above yours.

xander
Styggron
level0

Postby Styggron » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 am

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid there is a problem with access for anyone who purchased PA through Humble Bundle 12 which was in September of 2014.
No keys are displayed so we have no access to be able to join the forums. clicking on the steam button takes us to steam which is no use for several of us.

I don't use steam as it's DRM and have no account. There are several people in the same boat here.
http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... -steam-key

Sadly we received a standard reply from support which did not address the issue at all. :( I contacted support again humbly asking them to please look into this problem but it has been over a month now. :(

THe only alternative I see is for Introversion to upload monthly updates to humble bundle 12 or somehow get keys to us because HB 12 will not display keys.

Been a supporter of introversion since the very start and have bought their products several times over in support. If this problem can't be solved, I guess the only thing I can do is buy PA again per se, in order to get a key so I can get updates.

Please help Introversion.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:48 am

Hi Styggron,

Some questions:
  • Did you check your Humble Library to see if it appears there? (humblebundle.com > Top Right, click on your email > My Library)
  • While in your library, when you scroll down do you see the Humble Indie Bundle 12? (If so, click on it)
  • Did you at least get a Steam Key for the game?
If you answered no to all of those, then I suggest you immediately contact Humble Bundle as they are the ones who facilitated your purchase, not Introversion.
You can do so here: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you received a Steam Key, then I suggest you download and install Steam, create an account, and activate the game through the client. Once done, Prison Architect should issue you another key that you can use to activate your forum account. Once your forum account is active, you will gain access to the non-Steam versions of the game. Afterwards, you can uninstall Steam if you wish.

The key that Prison Architect issues you on Steam can be used here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/
Once activated, the non-Steam builds can be found here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... uilds.html (Notice: long loading times) (Use forum credentials to login)

Cheers!
Styggron
level0

Postby Styggron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:45 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:Hi Styggron,

Some questions:
  • Did you check your Humble Library to see if it appears there? (humblebundle.com > Top Right, click on your email > My Library)
  • While in your library, when you scroll down do you see the Humble Indie Bundle 12? (If so, click on it)
  • Did you at least get a Steam Key for the game?
If you answered no to all of those, then I suggest you immediately contact Humble Bundle as they are the ones who facilitated your purchase, not Introversion.
You can do so here: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you received a Steam Key, then I suggest you download and install Steam, create an account, and activate the game through the client. Once done, Prison Architect should issue you another key that you can use to activate your forum account. Once your forum account is active, you will gain access to the non-Steam versions of the game. Afterwards, you can uninstall Steam if you wish.

The key that Prison Architect issues you on Steam can be used here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/
Once activated, the non-Steam builds can be found here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... uilds.html (Notice: long loading times) (Use forum credentials to login)

Cheers!

Hello. Thank you for your reply but I have already explained I will not use steam. I already explained HB will only give you a steam key if you register on steam, clicking the key sends you to steam. This is not acceptable. The keys do not display on HB. I have no wish for steam anything I despise the platform. I will never have steam on my system. This is the whole point of no DRM.

I really wantedt to use PA like I use every other thing I purchased from introversion. The problem is HB will not display keys at all they force you to steam.
The only fix is

a) I have to buy PA again
b) Introversion needs to upload the new alpha once a month to HB 12 so people can access it. If they do it ALL problems are solved.

Please please please fix this :(
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:47 pm

The suggestion was to get Steam > activate the key > get the secondary key > use it to verify your forum account > and then have access to the non-steam builds. You can then remove Steam from your system (all of which is free to do, so long as you have the Steam Key HB provided you). If you understand what I suggested, but still refuse to follow it, then the only thing I can tell you is to contact Introversion or the Humble Bundle.

Cheers!
Styggron
level0

Postby Styggron » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:38 pm

THank you for your kind suggestions.

I have indeed contacted introversion again, I am really hoping they will look into this. As I mentioned many of us just received a standard reply which did not address any of the issues.

I'll wait a bit more but the only option to me seems like having to buy PA again. This supports introversion which is a good thing sure but it is very frustrating. I totally understand what you mean with your kind suggestions but I don't even want to create a steam account temporarily, or install and then remove as already stated.

Really hoping Introversion will help...... :cry:
Styggron
level0

Postby Styggron » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:47 am

Unbelievable, and I do mean that,

I provided introversion support with proof of humble bundle purchase, my paypal receipt, it has the tracking code and clearly shows the HB purchase.

No good. They wanted the HB receipt.

There is NO HB receipt. The ONLY thing there is is an email saying thank you for purchasing it here is your confidential key.
So I copied this to support and removed the key of course as we cannot give that out.

No good.

I seriously can't believe it. They want me to forward the email from HB. By doing this I expose my key which we are not supposed to do. I told them I cannot do it BECAUSE I cannot allow them to see my key.

They are not listening I'm afraid. I can't believe this after being such a supporter of introversion since the start. :(

Another solution is just to upload the new alpha to HB every month. That would solve ALL problems too. I did suggest this several times in the support thread as well.

I am at a loss. Paypal proves I pay but this is not enough. :(
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Styggron,

I have forwarded your complaint to John Knottenbelt, one of the administrators and developers. If he gets back to you, please respond as quickly and as clearly as you can.

Also, if Introversion requested for you to forward the email Humble Bundle sent you, you should do so. My thinking is that they want to check the key in your email to make sure it's still valid; they don't want to give away a free key to someone who's already activated one. In other words, an anti-scam measure.

If the email is from introversion.co.uk (like support@introversion.co.uk) then you should be fine. If it's coming from elsewhere, then be cautious.

Cheers!
Styggron
level0

Postby Styggron » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:52 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Hi Styggron,

I have forwarded your complaint to John Knottenbelt, one of the administrators and developers. If he gets back to you, please respond as quickly and as clearly as you can.

Also, if Introversion requested for you to forward the email Humble Bundle sent you, you should do so. My thinking is that they want to check the key in your email to make sure it's still valid; they don't want to give away a free key to someone who's already activated one. In other words, an anti-scam measure.

If the email is from introversion.co.uk (like support@introversion.co.uk) then you should be fine. If it's coming from elsewhere, then be cautious.

Cheers!

Thank you, no need though. I didn't know that Introversion can't check Paypal. I should have just forwarded the paypal receipt but as I use a different email address for that, I wanted to keep the same "email chain" rather than start over as it would be a whole new "ticket" per se and would take a lot longer to reply. I should have forwarded the paypal to the other email then forward them both I just thought it was easier to I gave the paypal transaction ID but I did not know Introversion cannot check that so their response is totally understandable.

I completely understand introversion must protect themselves and can only accept certain forms of proof. TOTALLY understandable. I agree with this.
I also wanted to say that because of this, I also understand why introversion need the email HB gave with no redaction at all. Introversion need that and the "key" so they can authenticate the request is genuine. But they do need the key just to check.

Again this is COMPLETELY understandable.

I cannot hand that key over because it is a security risk. The key would give anyone access to all the items purchased with that bundle. I do not "claim" pages so my keys all stay "open". The key should be disclosed to anyone at all. This is my choice, I understand introversion have given options.

Really the only other really simple solution would be for introversion to upload the new Alpha once a month to HB12 then all problems are instantly resolved and it is the easiest solution. This may be something that perhaps may be considered in the future. Many programs get updates in previous HB packages.

I have responded support and consider the matter closed :)

I am remaining a staunch supporter of introversion.

Cheers everyone.

regards
Last edited by Styggron on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pruvan
level2
level2

Postby Pruvan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Styggron wrote:I cannot hand that key over because it is a security risk.

How is showing your product key to the company you bought it from a security risk?

I've had to contact Steam support some years ago due to my account having been hijacked, and I had to show some of my CD-keys linked to it then as well as a "proof-of-ownership". It's literally the most normal thing in the world.

I'm sorry, but if you personally refuse to acknowledge that this is standard procedure and needs doing, then the problem is completely on your end. As it stands, you're only making yourself look suspicious, which is exactly the sort of phishing behavior these procedures try to cull out.
SAMM
level0

Postby SAMM » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 pm

So uh, my version of the game doesn't have a "CD Key" link in Steam (maybe it's moved since those screenshots), and I've long-since deleted the email with the key when I first bought the game.

Any ideas how I can get my key to access the developer forum?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi SAMM,

Steam appears to be down at the moment. Give it some time to come back up and try again.

I'll make a new post with further information when it goes up.

Source: http://www.issteamdown.com/

Cheers!
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Alright, it's up now.

SAMM, while in your Library right-click Prison Architect and try to locate the "View CD Key" button.

If you can't locate it, then try using the email you used to pay here in an attempt to recover: https://transactions.sendowl.com/order_ ... nt_id=1228

Otherwise, contact introversion.
Follow this to know what to include in your message: http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... mailing-us

Return to “General”