[NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

xander
level5
level5

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

Postby xander » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Just please don't be upset if you are either ignored or told that the system is not changing.

xander
Pruvan
level2
level2

Postby Pruvan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:57 pm

The amount of things that could go wrong with allowing people who have not officially purchased the game into the Alpha development process are too real to ignore. Verifying bugs can be hard enough as-is, having to verify whether or not an issue was encountered in a legitimate copy rather than a pirated copy each time a report is made is beyond ridiculous.

On top of that, people who don't own the game can offer little more than ideas that are probably either already in the game, planned for future versions or already suggested and under debate on the forums and/or Tracker. Which does nothing to solve the more pertinent issue of identifying, isolating and fixing existing bugs.

Cruel though it may be, the current system most likely exists to help streamline the process. Allowing pirated copy users and people who haven't bought the game yet into the jumble will only serve to further daunt the few people who still contribute effort into the Bug Tracker.

[snip] while people who have the actual game but are unable to access the restricted areas yet still wish to contribute to the game can still provide feedback and such.

People who have the game will always have access to the restricted areas. It's simply a matter of copy pasting your CD-key and creating an account. Hardly any effort required.

My main point is there are some ways that people may have acquired the game without paying legally such as through the case of steam family sharing but if these people want to contribute they can't because of this system.

If they share the same Steam account to play games, surely it wouldn't be an issue to share a forum account for access to the forums as well?
Blues_Wolf
level0

Postby Blues_Wolf » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 am

Hi all,

It may be useful to Edit the first post just after the Developer Forum link with an aclaration like (Follow these link instructions to access de Forum and report Bugs) and put the link to http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... ur-account

OR

just a new sticky topic like "How to report a Bug" with the same link, etc..

I'm saying this cause it took me a while to realize even after reading the first post, that the link for the activation of the steam key was what I needed.

Plus, most people don't read forum rules, which is what the topic tittle looks like.

Thanks!
JoshTx10
level0

Postby JoshTx10 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:28 pm

When I enter the Dev sub forum i see a message which says I'm not allowed in this forum. I only just joined so I can't have been banned. If this is a forum ONLY for devs pls tell me (I'm just constantly referred to this as to where I should put game suggestions but I'm not given access!)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

You need to register your Prison Architect key. If you got the game via Steam, please read these instructions. If you bought the game through the Humble Bundle store, these instructions may be more useful. Please note that the necessary links are in the first post of this topic.

xander
Jesy_par
level0

Postby Jesy_par » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:37 am

The PDF link is dead. Also, when trying to access the wiki, what are the login requirements?
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Links removed, post locked. Spam bot.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Jesy_par,

Jesy_par wrote:The PDF link is dead. Also, when trying to access the wiki, what are the login requirements?

If you're looking at the login screen with the Introversion Logo, then it is the same as your forum login / the username and password you use here.

However, it seems like you don't have access to the Prison Architect Alpha group. To gain access, you must register your Prison Architect key with your forum account. The first post in this thread should contain the information you need, but I'll place the information below for convenience:

• If you bought the game through the Introversion store, then you should have received some registration instructions in your email.
  • If you purchased from the Steam store, please read this.
  • If you got the game through the Humble Bundle store, please read this.
Once complete, you will have access to the developer forum, the developer wiki, and the mantis bug tracker. To access the developer wiki, go here: http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/in ... /Main_Page

Also, please read: How to post a suggestion or question. It will guide you on how to make a new suggestion on the developer forum. The most important bits are to only include one suggestion per topic, and to search the forum before making a post because it's likely someone already asked your question / suggestion.

Finally, what PDF link are you referring to?

Cheers!

benatssu
level0

Postby benatssu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:29 am

hello... im looking for the tablet survey? i followed the link in-game to here but cant find any survey... cheers
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:52 am

The link in-game works fine for me. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V9KXWy ... E/viewform
dazmax
level0

Postby dazmax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Do people who got Prison Architect from Humble Bundle 12 get access to the dev forum? I don't see a key on my bundle download page like in the screenshot from the Introversion weekly bundle.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 pm

dazmax wrote:Do people who got Prison Architect from Humble Bundle 12 get access to the dev forum? I don't see a key on my bundle download page like in the screenshot from the Introversion weekly bundle.

Yes, it's the same key as the key to activate your game on steam
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:41 pm

dazmax wrote:Do people who got Prison Architect from Humble Bundle 12 get access to the dev forum? I don't see a key on my bundle download page like in the screenshot from the Introversion weekly bundle.

Purchasing from the Humble Bundle should give you access to the dev forum. I assume that you have read these directions, and are not finding the key that you are needing? Assuming that your key is not on the Humble Bundle download page, I would shoot an email to IV.

xander
dazmax
level0

Postby dazmax » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeah those directions are from the last Humble Bundle they did, and I don't see the key they refer to. Also when I redeemed it on Steam it didn't use a key for that either, it just did an oauth link to my account and directly added it. Is there somewhere on Steam I can find the key? Anyway, I'll email them and check what's up.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi dazmax,

On your Steam Library, right-click on Prison Architect. Then click on "View CD Key."

Copy the Key to the clipboard, then go here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/

Login with your forum username and password. When prompted to, paste in your Key. After that, you should have access to the developer sub-forum, the developer wiki, and the mantis bug tracker.

Cheers!

benatssu
level0

Postby benatssu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:22 am

is there a specific place to put up some suggestions or can i just make a new post in the general section?? cheers

Return to “General”