[NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

MrBoy82
level1
level1

Re: This is NOT the Alpha forum

Postby MrBoy82 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:42 pm

I can't access the alpha forum.. >.>
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm

MrBoy82 wrote:I can't access the alpha forum.. >.>

All of the information you require is either in the original post or in the post right above your own.

xander
PandaKai
level0

Postby PandaKai » Sat May 03, 2014 10:47 am

Mantis keeps showing me: Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Postby Tarô11 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:16 pm

PandaKai wrote:Mantis keeps showing me: Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect.

You have to create an account for Mantis. The account you created for this forum is not activated for Mantis, they are 2 distincts things.
skibud123
level0

Postby skibud123 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm not authorized to go to the developer forum
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:55 pm

You have to register your forum account with your product key first
Kionashi
level0

Postby Kionashi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 pm

why denying access to the Developer subforum??

I Live with my brother a we bought this game together but we can't both go to the forums....i would like to have a separate forum acount
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Kionashi wrote:why denying access to the Developer subforum??

I Live with my brother a we bought this game together but we can't both go to the forums....i would like to have a separate forum acount

You can either share a forum account or buy a separate copy of the game.

xander
Combine12
level0

Postby Combine12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:08 pm

xander wrote:
Kionashi wrote:why denying access to the Developer subforum??

You can either share a forum account or buy a separate copy of the game.

xander

I'm not trying to be aggressive or anything, But why is this required?

I have the game family shared on steam and the person I am sharing it from (understandably) does not want to just give away his password even to me.

So, As much as I want to help this game thrive and be bug-free and such I am unable to due to these rather strange restrictions that are in place.

Just because someone has not bought the game does not mean they don't want to help it's development.

Restricted access to builds and stuff I can understand, But restricting access to the dev forum, bugtracker and wiki? I can't see why such things should be done.

Just my 2 cents.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Combine12 wrote:I'm not trying to be aggressive or anything, But why is this required?

I have the game family shared on steam and the person I am sharing it from (understandably) does not want to just give away his password even to me.

So, As much as I want to help this game thrive and be bug-free and such I am unable to due to these rather strange restrictions that are in place.

Just because someone has not bought the game does not mean they don't want to help it's development.

Restricted access to builds and stuff I can understand, But restricting access to the dev forum, bugtracker and wiki? I can't see why such things should be done.

Just my 2 cents.

It's a perk given to people who've purchased the game. It also keeps out people using pirated copies, which may not function the same as official copies.
Combine12
level0

Postby Combine12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm

MAdMaN wrote:It's a perk given to people who've purchased the game. It also keeps out people using pirated copies, which may not function the same as official copies.

In the case of a pirated copy couldn't a copy&paste response (similiar to the response that this isn't the dev forum) be formulated? Something along the lines of "Hello, Thank you for reporting this but based on the information given you may have a pirated or otherwise outdated copy. Please obtain a legitimate copy of the game or update it by following these steps: yadda yadda yadda"

This way people with broken or pirated copies are encouraged to actually buy the game and such while people who have the actual game but are unable to access the restricted areas yet still wish to contribute to the game can still provide feedback and such.

Obviously accesss to the builds would still require authentication but that's just common sense.

Any idea if the guys at introversion would ever consider a system like this?

I mean, I understand why someone would do something like this but I just think the current system isn't really the best way to go about it.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] This is NOT the Alpha forum!

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 pm

The problem lies within the pirated versions, they change a lot; it can be very difficult to tell who has a pirated copy or not. Therefore, the Prison Architect Alpha forum group was created to distinguish between legitimate users who paid for the game, from those who haven't. Those who haven't paid for the game should purchase it, get an account key / Steam key, and use that to verify their account in order to access the developer board.

In my opinion, users who are using pirated versions should not participate in development discussions because they may be using outdated versions of the game, which can conflict with the discussion.
Combine12
level0

Postby Combine12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:40 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:The problem lies within the pirated versions, they change a lot; it can be very difficult to tell who has a pirated copy or not. Therefore, the Prison Architect Alpha forum group was created to distinguish between legitimate users who paid for the game, from those who haven't. Those who haven't paid for the game should purchase it, get an account key / Steam key, and use that to verify their account in order to access the developer board.

In my opinion, users who are using pirated versions should not participate in development discussions because they may be using outdated versions of the game, which can conflict with the discussion.

Surely we could always ask for what build number their game is displaying and then if it's incorrect respond with something similiar to what I posted above and then the discussion can continue as normal?

My main point is there are some ways that people may have acquired the game without paying legally such as through the case of steam family sharing but if these people want to contribute they can't because of this system.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Combine12 wrote:My main point is there are some ways that people may have acquired the game without paying legally such as through the case of steam family sharing but if these people want to contribute they can't because of this system.

IV created the system that is currently in place for their own reasons. While I suspect that RGeezy911's explanation is pretty close to correct, this is an issue that you need to take up with IV, as it cannot really be addressed by anyone other than IV. They can be reached via the support page (there is an email link to the right).

xander
Combine12
level0

Postby Combine12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm

xander wrote:
Combine12 wrote:My main point is there are some ways that people may have acquired the game without paying legally such as through the case of steam family sharing but if these people want to contribute they can't because of this system.

IV created the system that is currently in place for their own reasons. While I suspect that RGeezy911's explanation is pretty close to correct, this is an issue that you need to take up with IV, as it cannot really be addressed by anyone other than IV. They can be reached via the support page (there is an email link to the right).

xander

Thanks for the link, xander.

I'll probably contact them and see if there are any reasons a different system is not possible and such.

Return to “General”