It's been 12 hours; are you guys still playing?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

SuperConductiveRabbi
level1
level1

It's been 12 hours; are you guys still playing?

Postby SuperConductiveRabbi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:53 am

I'm just trying to get an idea of the game's appeal past the immediate term and into the short term. What are your goals for your prisons, and are you still discovering things? Having fun?
Stardog
level1
level1

Postby Stardog » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:17 am

I haven't got too far before an inevitable crash.

The long term appeal will be interesting, because most of these games get boring when you figure out your favourite layout. The ways other games extend that are by having different missions/tasks/challenges, but those do get boring too.

Being able to decorate the prison in different ways would extend the appeal, but with one layer it seems like it would also be limited.

Maybe the prisoners personalities will play a part.
dsiOne
level1
level1

Postby dsiOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:49 am

Half of my prisoners are bugged up chilling in the hospital :(

We really need z-levels btw
rehsarht
level0

Postby rehsarht » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:53 am

My prisoners don't seem to know when to leave the hospital, either. I'm also having endless mini riots because they all miss their families. I have a bank of phones, but have yet to see one used. Also, researched patrol routes, but can't for the life of me figure out how to set them up.

The joys of Alpha, right? To answer OP, I played a good amount tonight, but think I'll be holding off until they get the key thing sorted, and perhaps until the next update.
No_0ne
level0

Postby No_0ne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 am

Played about ~5 hours. All the little bugs are preventing me from enjoying the game further.
hotmachina
level1
level1

Postby hotmachina » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 am

For me I don't see any point in providing any more feedback until the showstopper bugs are fixed which are for me

1: You can leave prisoners outside the prison for infinity, I cant even gauge any pressure from the game on that basis.

2: You cant expand a building in any sensible way, it just gets left as "outdoors"
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 am

I'm still doing stupid shit that works best if I just start anew. I haven't actually played it as such.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am

Definitely still enjoying it - I've already missed my first breakfast. It took me a couple of hours to realise the whole Grants thing which has helped me start building actual prisons. I've just had my first layout look and work well enough to justify hitting the save button.
thisisgil
level1
level1

Postby thisisgil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 am

I gave it a good solid 4 or 5 hours last night, but I think I am going to have to start a new prison due to a multitude of bugs I seem to have inherited:

1 - No garbage collection or prisoner drop offs. The vans with prisoners just drive right past the prison without stopping, and there is a constant stream of supply trucks cruising past the prison (2 or 3 on screen at any one time) but they don't ever stop. I even managed to get my workmen to dismantle the supply trucks so now I have supply trucks in crates in my storage facility :)

2 - 4 x injured prisoners, but the guards don't take them to the infirmary. I tried saving my game, quitting and reloading and then one guard suddenly ran in and took one prisoner to the infirmary, but the other three prisoners just sit there looking sad.

The big show stopper for me though is the lack of deliveries / new prisoners. Without new prisoners, I can't get the increase in funding I need to expand my prison further.

I HAD FUN SO FAR THOUGH :D
trinest
level1
level1

Postby trinest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 am

I only just came and checked out what happened. Downloaded and ready to play. I hope I wont be board of it after 12 hours.
mikefictiti0us
level0

Postby mikefictiti0us » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 am

I've sunk around 5 hours into it and I'm still enjoying it. No crashes thus far, but I've seen a fair amount of game breaking bugs that have required new games. Which is obviously to be expected at this point. The potential for the game once it matures past the alpha is definitely apparent though.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 pm

mikefictiti0us wrote:I've sunk around 5 hours into it and I'm still enjoying it. No crashes thus far, but I've seen a fair amount of game breaking bugs that have required new games. Which is obviously to be expected at this point. The potential for the game once it matures past the alpha is definitely apparent though.

Pretty much this. This morning, after sacrificing breakfast to play more, I finally got a prison to the point where I felt it was worth pressing the Save button
Luzal
level1
level1

Postby Luzal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Not playing right now because I'm at work, but I'm drawing blueprints on paper for tonight's session !

I've been playing a few hours yesterday evening and I really enjoyed the potential of this game, must have made a dozen drafts before I made a quite respectable prison. Everything broke apart when I attempted to "extend" an existing building, though. Seems like you have to think "extensible" right from the start.

Can't play to get back to it tonight !
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm testing, I'm not playing.
Inkognito
level1
level1

Postby Inkognito » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Hell yes! I am still playing and testing this awesome game!

My now 3rd prison seems to be fine - no riots at all after some days and with 34 prisoners. Prisoners are happy - I am too. And right now I am only using holding cells. Man .. my prisoners love that closeness ;)

Return to “General”