Problems activating your key?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

herf18
level0

Postby herf18 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 am

I probably accidentally deleted the email with the code or something. Blast.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Maybe you just can't find it. Search for anything from noreply@digitaldeliveryapp.com
Apupu
level0

Postby Apupu » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

I bought into the alpha yesterday on steam and I can't for the life of me find the key. I can't see it by right clicking the game in my steam library, It's not on the steam overlay, I have gotten no email except for the receipt from steam which contains no key. The help text in the in game menu says.

Run Prison Architect from within Steam and a dialog box will pop up including a Single Use Prison Architect activation key.

But I get no such thing when I run the game.

What am I doing wrong?
Sekra
level0

Postby Sekra » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 am

Apupu wrote:I bought into the alpha yesterday on steam and I can't for the life of me find the key.

I'm in the same boat, bought the game, plays just fine but it doesn't show me the key nor does it give me the option to see the key anywhere. I'm already in contact with introversion support by this, although after I proved that it doesn't give me the option to see the key by submitting a screenshot about it, I haven't heard anything back since. Not too worried about it since I can play the game but learning out everything by trial and error is a bit.. expensive..
Apupu
level0

Postby Apupu » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:59 am

Sekra wrote:
Apupu wrote:I bought into the alpha yesterday on steam and I can't for the life of me find the key.

I'm in the same boat, bought the game, plays just fine but it doesn't show me the key nor does it give me the option to see the key anywhere. I'm already in contact with introversion support by this, although after I proved that it doesn't give me the option to see the key by submitting a screenshot about it, I haven't heard anything back since. Not too worried about it since I can play the game but learning out everything by trial and error is a bit.. expensive..

If you get a solution from them, could you post back here again please?
Behema
level0

Postby Behema » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Same situation as Sekra and Apupu. I bought the name in game version off steam yesterday and I have no cd key, not as a pop-up on game start
nor in the right side of the games library where keys normally are in steam. E-mail and steam forum posts go unanswered. Any official word on this would be appreciated.
Sekra
level0

Postby Sekra » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Well like I said I was in contact with Introversion support yesterday a few quick emails back and forth and after showing them the screenshot of me having the right click menu open from Steam with no "Show CD Key" option available and providing my Steam name I've heard nothing back. Will let you guys know as soon as I get something back.
Mestaris
level0

Help!

Postby Mestaris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 pm

I bought the game a month ago, and I have no email or anything about a key, because they weren't handing them out when I bought the game. How would I get hold of a key? I fail to remember my paypal transaction ID, it was quite some time ago. Is there anything I can do to get a key, because I want the steam version, and i am not paying again.

*EDIT*
Dont worry, Thankfully I saved the link to the digital thing where i downloaded it after paying, and the key was there.
Panic attack averted.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Re: Help!

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Mestaris wrote:*EDIT*
Dont worry, Thankfully I saved the link to the digital thing where i downloaded it after paying, and the key was there.
Panic attack averted.
A great story with a happy ending! Would read again. :D
Sekra
level0

Postby Sekra » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:24 am

Well something has happened now. I can see the "Show CD Key" on my Prison Architect. I didn't do anything, I've received no further contact from Introversion support but now I can view the CD key.
Behema
level0

Postby Behema » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:21 am

Sekra wrote:Well something has happened now. I can see the "Show CD Key" on my Prison Architect. I didn't do anything, I've received no further contact from Introversion support but now I can view the CD key.

Mine magically appeared today as well, they probably just got lost in all the tubes of the interweb ;)

Game look and feels amazingly fun even in this alpha build :)
Apupu
level0

Postby Apupu » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Yup same here, just got home and there it is. Weird, either there was some delay with steam or they worked their magic in the dark.
Adzonio
level0

Authentication Aquired

Postby Adzonio » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 pm

I made a Forum Account and when I type it in when you play prison architect on steam it doesnt work :/ help[/url]
Cash at Folsom
level0

Postby Cash at Folsom » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:12 pm

So are the keys in Steam just showing up late, then? Because I too am not seeing the supposed code to activate my Steam-purchased copy.
Malorn
level1
level1

Postby Malorn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

The key is your cd-key, which can be accessed by right clicking on the game in the steam browser and selected 'view CD key'. You then need to follow the steps listed at http://support.introversion.co.uk/customer/portal/articles/871540-how-to-activate-your-account.

Return to “General”