Problems activating your key?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:04 am

Have you registered? Have you followed the steps in the .pdf downloadable from the link included in the email you received when you bought the game?
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
kezzie130
level0

PRISON ARCHITECT

Postby kezzie130 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Can you just tell me how to activate my account please?
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Oranite wrote:Step 1: Register an account for the IV forums.
Step 2: Pay for a copy of the Alpha Build of Prison Architect(PA)
Step 3: After you have paid for PA, you should have received a confirmation email with an Alpha account License Key.
Step 4: Go to http://www.prison-architect.com/register
Step 5: Register your IV forum account with your Alpha account License Key.
Step 6: You will then be redirected to a page that indicates whether or not you have successfully registered.
Step 7: Once successfully registered you may now login to the wiki via http://www.prison-architect.com/wiki
ZorkianTroll
level0

Postby ZorkianTroll » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm

There was a man once...who was told an email would come on his computer... he waited and waited but it never came... some say he's still there to this day waiting for the email which holds the key.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 am

I guess you verified that the payment have gone through?

That the email is not in your junk?

Have you contacted Introversion Support directly?
ZorkianTroll
level0

Postby ZorkianTroll » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am

Yep, although I paid by card not PayPal . After payment a screen with 3 downloads came up 1 was the pdf file, the other two the games for pc or mac. The pdf had the key in the name but i didnt note it down becasue I thought it would be in the file. Now I can't get back to it at all and I'm not sure if i'm even meant to be expecting an email now since that may have been my only chance to get my key :/ well without repurchasing the game
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am

ZorkianTroll wrote:Yep, although I paid by card not PayPal . After payment a screen with 3 downloads came up 1 was the pdf file, the other two the games for pc or mac. The pdf had the key in the name but i didnt note it down becasue I thought it would be in the file. Now I can't get back to it at all and I'm not sure if i'm even meant to be expecting an email now since that may have been my only chance to get my key :/ well without repurchasing the game
as frenchfrog said, contact IV.
ZorkianTroll
level0

Postby ZorkianTroll » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am

I have the game though O_O I mean I can play it without any need for a wiki unless I'm playing a dated version of the game?
nickb
level0

Postby nickb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I just bought it and am having that problem. Sent you guys a support email though, hope it gets fixed soon!

When i go to register my alpha key the site tells me its invalid or has been used before :(
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 am

nickb: You did the right thing, contacting Introversion support directly for these kind of issues is the best way to process. You can still play Prison Architect Alphas while waiting for the issue to be solved. When new Alphas are release, you'll be able to download them from the same link you received when you purchased the game.
nickb
level0

Postby nickb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 pm

frenchfrog wrote:nickb: You did the right thing, contacting Introversion support directly for these kind of issues is the best way to process. You can still play Prison Architect Alphas while waiting for the issue to be solved. When new Alphas are release, you'll be able to download them from the same link you received when you purchased the game.

How long should it roughly take to get a response? I know i can play already, but the link being limited to 50 downloads kinda bugs me. I know it's a lot, but still. I would prefer to have proper access via the wiki :D
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 am

I guess you can send them a reminder in a week or two. Introversion have a very limited staff, namely Mark and Chris. So it may take a little while before you get a reply, not because they don't want to reply but simply because there is only 24 hours in a day.
mobius
level2
level2

Postby mobius » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 pm

hi

got my download link with a key, just a couple of questions,

1 what do i do with this key as its not asked me to do anything with it,

2 when playing the game if i click help wiki how do i access it when it asks for username and password?
BL4DE
level2
level2

Postby BL4DE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Read the instructions.
First you need to register to the board. You have done that since you can write here.
Then you need toregister at the board with the Alpha Key you got, by that way confirming you are Alpha Tester.
After that, you are able to download the game from the site and access the wiki.
Before doing that you are only able to download via the link you got via email and are neither able to access the wiki nor the developers board. Boths steps are not needed for the game but highly advised.
mobius
level2
level2

Postby mobius » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 pm

BL4DE wrote:Read the instructions.
First you need to register to the board. You have done that since you can write here.
Then you need toregister at the board with the Alpha Key you got, by that way confirming you are Alpha Tester.
After that, you are able to download the game from the site and access the wiki.
Before doing that you are only able to download via the link you got via email and are neither able to access the wiki nor the developers board. Boths steps are not needed for the game but highly advised.

thanks.

Return to “General”