Alpha Information

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RabidZombie
level5
level5
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Xocrates wrote:I'm going to be extremely amused once the alpha comes out and you decry it as a buggy piece of shit.


He won't be the only one either. Public betas are my least favourite thing.
zangdar86
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 am
Location: France

Postby zangdar86 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
zangdar86 wrote:
Xocrates wrote:I'm going to be extremely amused once the alpha comes out and you decry it as a buggy piece of shit.


It s going to be an alpha... The reason is help improve and track bug... Do you really think you are the only one to have been part of alpha, beta or else and had given report, bugtrack ?

I think you missed his point. Xocrates is saying he will laugh because the game itself will not meet the high expectations set. He is not saying the discovery of bugs and other testing related standards will cause PA to be decried.


So my apologizes for my misunderstood Xocrates.
User avatar
Xocrates
level5
level5
Posts: 5262
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Postby Xocrates » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 pm

zangdar86 wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
zangdar86 wrote:
Xocrates wrote:I'm going to be extremely amused once the alpha comes out and you decry it as a buggy piece of shit.


It s going to be an alpha... The reason is help improve and track bug... Do you really think you are the only one to have been part of alpha, beta or else and had given report, bugtrack ?

I think you missed his point. Xocrates is saying he will laugh because the game itself will not meet the high expectations set. He is not saying the discovery of bugs and other testing related standards will cause PA to be decried.


So my apologizes for my misunderstood Xocrates.

Actually, you both misunderstood me.

Setting aside the fact that many people WILL decry it as a buggy piece of shit despite being an alpha, my reply was directed to Jordy for a reason: That is exactly the kind of stuff he's done in the past, occasionally by his own admission.
Last edited by Xocrates on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zangdar86
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 am
Location: France

Postby zangdar86 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Xocrates wrote:
zangdar86 wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
zangdar86 wrote:
Xocrates wrote:I'm going to be extremely amused once the alpha comes out and you decry it as a buggy piece of shit.


It s going to be an alpha... The reason is help improve and track bug... Do you really think you are the only one to have been part of alpha, beta or else and had given report, bugtrack ?

I think you missed his point. Xocrates is saying he will laugh because the game itself will not meet the high expectations set. He is not saying the discovery of bugs and other testing related standards will cause PA to be decried.


So my apologizes for my misunderstood Xocrates.

Actually, you both misunderstood me.

Setting aside the fact that many people WILL decry it as a buggy piece of shit despite being an alpha, my reply was directed to Jordy for a reason: That is exactly the kind of stuff he's done in the past, occasionally be his own admission.



Ok, so, my double apologizes to have taken part in something that i didnt know ! I will think twice next time !
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Lol, am I really the only one who understood Zocrates on my first read trough his comment?

I don't know where you have seen me do it before though, but you are pretty much right. And I can't blame you for being amused by it either, like a silly baby crying for his mothers breast only to discover, after he finally gets it, that he know likes yogi more then mother milk. So who knows maybe I'll amuse you, if the gods favor you. I doubt it though, because IV can say it's Alpha as much as they like, fact is that it'll be polished and somewhat of a promotion of there games launch and not a really rough alpha on which they expect to get a lot of users feedback and ideas.
Cuz fuck logic
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 pm

To be fair, I don't follow Jordy's news feed, a.k.a. "Games for 2009... And BEYOND!" :P (or, any of his threads, really)
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Cuz fuck logic
zangdar86
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 am
Location: France

Postby zangdar86 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Nearly 1200 views, that means a lot of people want information about alpha ! IV if you watch us know that we love and except this game ! Keep the good work ! I want to throw some darwinian in jail !

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests