Polish translation - needed help and question...

Problems with other language translations

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

mandiato
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Ketrzyn, Poland

Polish translation - needed help and question...

Postby mandiato » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:38 am

Hello everyone!

Some days ago I started to work on Polish translation, but before I spent more time on that, I want to know if there's any interest in that, or maybe somebody already started working on that?

Next problem is that, that I haven't got Darwinia. I've got only demo, and files needed for translation from latest patch file.

What is done right now?

fonts files - 100% done
in game texts - about 10%

I will probably need help from somebody who has got full version, because I don't know how to translate some things, because I can't see them in demo.

The worst thing is that, that Darwinia is unavailable in any normal form in my country right now.

If somebody interested to help me with that, please contact me.

Regards
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

Re: Polish translation - needed help and question...

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:10 pm

mandiato wrote:The worst thing is that, that Darwinia is unavailable in any normal form in my country right now.


...

http://store.introversion.co.uk/
mandiato
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Ketrzyn, Poland

Re: Polish translation - needed help and question...

Postby mandiato » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:47 pm



I know about online shop, but at that point I will pay much more for shipping, exchange money and transfer my money to Introversion account that game costs at all. Simply right now there's no distributor for my country for Darwinia. If there will be distributor, I won't start translation at all, because this will be sold translated already. But this game is not something like Quake4 nor Doom III, so distributors not interested to sold it here, even Polish publisher of Uplink didn't answer to my question about planning to distribute Darwinia. Right now, I must feel lucky that I can play demo, but I go for vacations to England so probably I buy Darwinia there:-) Remember that not all people living in Euro zone...

So returning to my problem.... If there anybody who want to help me on translation to Polish language? Especially for tests, and a little help with translation...
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:52 pm

....So, you pay more for shipping, but it is still available to you, although you said it wasn't. Just wanted to clear that up.
mandiato
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Ketrzyn, Poland

Maybe I need to bolded some words...

Postby mandiato » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 pm

...darwinia is available, but isn't in any normal form... But as I said, I will probably buy it when I go to England for my holidays... Much less troubles to buy it normally there, than combine with our banks, extra taxes etc.

So we misunderstood. I hope that right now everything is clear now.
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

Re: Maybe I need to bolded some words...

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:12 pm

mandiato wrote:...darwinia is available, but isn't in any normal form...


Ordering a product online and having it shipped to you is very normal, and has been for years for most of the first and second world. Therefore, it is indeed 'available in a normal form'. If, however, you are unable to take advantage of such availability, that is distinctly different than it not being available.

Can't get much more clear than that.

Anyways, good luck with your translating efforts. :D
mandiato
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Ketrzyn, Poland

Postby mandiato » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:24 pm

If this is normal for you that you pay 20 pounds for game, 10 for shipping, and 15 for sending money, 5 for money exchange and next for that 5 for duty... For me this is abnormal that all other costs is higher than product price... So when I look at that this is unavailable for me, especially that sending money to other country isn't so easy here. Especially that I live in country where normal working people get something about 150-300 pounds per month (I've got 220 right now), so those all additional costs is really high for us. Too high to buy one piece, ordering 10 pieces or more will make any sense, but only one is nonsence looking at that costs.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16867
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:37 pm

Is Steam not available in Poland?

xander
User avatar
Luigi300
level5
level5
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:08 pm
Location: :noitacoL
Contact:

Postby Luigi300 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:53 pm

Steam should be available everywhere.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16867
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Luigi300 wrote:Steam should be available everywhere.

That is what I thought.

xander
mandiato
level1
level1
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Ketrzyn, Poland

Postby mandiato » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:30 am

Steam is also no option, because this system requires to instant access to the Internet, but my laptop is most of the time offline... Easy, I will buy it in normal way in near future... Or if not I, somebody from England will buy it for me, and sent to me.

Regards
User avatar
Mef
level2
level2
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Kraków Poland

Postby Mef » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:54 am

Gdzie mieszkasz? Jak niedaleko Krakowa to ci podrzucę Darwinie... Jak nie to mogę ci obraz płyty mailem w kawałkach wysłać... Też miałem cholerny problem żeby france dorwać ale w końcu znalazłem, więc czemu by się nie podzielić...?
READY:
MEF

?SYNTAX ERROR
User avatar
Dr4goN
level3
level3
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Polish translation - needed help and question...

Postby Dr4goN » Sat May 06, 2006 8:58 am

mandiato wrote:Hello everyone!

Some days ago I started to work on Polish translation, but before I spent more time on that, I want to know if there's any interest in that, or maybe somebody already started working on that?

Next problem is that, that I haven't got Darwinia. I've got only demo, and files needed for translation from latest patch file.

What is done right now?

fonts files - 100% done
in game texts - about 10%

I will probably need help from somebody who has got full version, because I don't know how to translate some things, because I can't see them in demo.

The worst thing is that, that Darwinia is unavailable in any normal form in my country right now.

If somebody interested to help me with that, please contact me.

Regards


I can help ya out if ya want.(Finished Polish translation some time ago but lost it due to viruses ;()
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Sun May 07, 2006 1:59 pm

mandiato wrote:Steam is also no option, because this system requires to instant access to the Internet, but my laptop is most of the time offline...


How do you mean 'instant access'. Darwinia isn't that big, all you have to do it get steam, pay for Darwinia and download it. You never have to connect to steam again, if you don't want to. The entire process can be done in 30 minutes, maybe an hour if you have dialup.
xbskid
level1
level1
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:23 am

Postby xbskid » Tue May 09, 2006 11:52 am

Darksun wrote:
mandiato wrote:Steam is also no option, because this system requires to instant access to the Internet, but my laptop is most of the time offline...


How do you mean 'instant access'. Darwinia isn't that big, all you have to do it get steam, pay for Darwinia and download it. You never have to connect to steam again, if you don't want to. The entire process can be done in 30 minutes, maybe an hour if you have dialup.

And if Steam screws up, you can actually go into your Steam\SteamApps\<Account>\darwinia folder and run darwinia.exe, and then you don't need any internet access. Optionally you could move that darwinia folder elsewhere, or extract the game files with GCFScape..

Return to “Translation Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest