Portuguese-Brazilian Translation

Problems with other language translations

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Yaesir
level0

Portuguese-Brazilian Translation

Postby Yaesir » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi,

I've started my Portuguese translation but i seem to get some strange things in the menu

By an example where there should be Opções it turns out that there is "Op es"

and on Usuário it is "Usuβrio"

i looked in the german translation and they seem to get the same problem.

Someone knows how to fix this?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:28 pm

I think you will probably have to hack the files "editor_font_normal.bmp" and "speccy_font_normal.bmp" (which are found in "textures/", which is in the "language.dat" archive). You will have to figure out which space in that .bmp corresponds to the special characters that you are using, and create those characters. It would probably be easiest to just open up the files and start playing with them.

xander
Mamari
level0

Postby Mamari » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi there!

Want some help?

I can translate to portugues or help you with the missing characters issue. I would like to see it done but woldn't start that by myself.

Best regards!

-----------------------------

Olá!

Quer ajuda?

Posso traduzir para portugês ou ajudar com os caracteres faltantes. Gostaria de ver o trabalho feito mas não tomaria a iniciativa.

Cordialmente

Mamari.
Yaesir
level0

Postby Yaesir » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:37 am

i've started to translate, but i haven't done much; i also don't have an idea on when i will finish it but i hope i will not take too long.

i think my proble really is the missing characters, the strange thing is that they only appear like that in the menu, in the game they work ok.

when i have make some progress i will post it here (dont expect to take too long like one month, by the end of THIS month i think it will be done)

still, it will need help to find my mistakes.

(e por via das duvidas, esse forum é em inglês, então acho que deveríamos falar em inglês, mas qualquer coisa... eu so brasileiro também.)
Mamari
level0

Postby Mamari » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:40 pm

I'll take a look at the "editor_font_normal.bmp" and "speccy_font_normal.bmp" files to see if I can solve the problem. I'll let you know of any progress.

You said that there are missing characters only at the menu. Can you tell if the menu is all CAPS? I'll take a look at this when i get home (where Darwinia is installed).

Keep in touch!

Mamari
JulianoF
level0

Postby JulianoF » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:36 pm

Hey Guys, I too, can translate to brazilian portuguese. I see you are having some trouble with the text bitmaps. I can help you if you want.

---------

Galera, eu posso ajudar vcs a traduzir. Vcs estão precisando de ajuda com o arquivo que armazena as fontes, né? Se vocês ainda estiverem trabalhando, me avisem q posso ajudar.
Darwinia rocks! I am addicted to it, and I can't stop playing it!!!!
dean
level0

Postby dean » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:15 pm

Is anyone interested in translating a document from portuguese brazilian to english? If you are a law student you will find it good practice as the document is a legal instrument called a 'deed of admission of debt'.

Let me know - cheers :)
ricardoguedes21
level0

Postby ricardoguedes21 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Tradução para português brasileiro sem acentuação.
https://mega.co.nz/#!j9YiAQKB!Bu307jrPG6hz0agyr8K721TOfbcftJelRnUTpIAO0UM

Return to “Translation Issues”