Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

RonanZer0
level1
level1

Map Reset + Teams

Postby RonanZer0 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Yea... this forum is pretty much dead but I'm gonna ask this anyway:
So I playtested one of my levels in my mod and captured all the buildings but now... even when i do reset level it still stays yellow and stuff I can't get it back to default/red! And how do I re-lock or 'un-unlock' a level i unlocked in playtesting?? i don't want people to start with all the levels finished and available!!!

second where do i put the 'teams.txt' it seem non-existent in main.dat. and if i put it in scripts or just in my mod folder it doesn't work. thanks. :wink:
Want to learn HTML? Well, i know it but im not gonna tell you >:) Hehehe, I love making maps for darwinia.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Map Reset + Teams

Postby xander » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 pm

RonanZer0 wrote:Yea... this forum is pretty much dead but I'm gonna ask this anyway:
So I playtested one of my levels in my mod and captured all the buildings but now... even when i do reset level it still stays yellow and stuff I can't get it back to default/red! And how do I re-lock or 'un-unlock' a level i unlocked in playtesting?? i don't want people to start with all the levels finished and available!!!

As soon as you load a map for the first time, the mission file is copied to your user profile, and any changes that you make as a player are stored there. Buildings retain ownership after reset, and several other small things are not reset. To completely reset the level, you need to delete the mission file from your player profile directory.

RonanZer0 wrote:second where do i put the 'teams.txt' it seem non-existent in main.dat. and if i put it in scripts or just in my mod folder it doesn't work. thanks. :wink:

I don't know what teams.txt does---it has been a while since I did any modding. However, if it doesn't work in the main mod folder, it likely doesn't do anything at all.

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”