AI Help

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

zackman0010
level1
level1

AI Help

Postby zackman0010 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 am

I am making a level and I need some info on AI and AITargets. I did search, but what I found did not help.

I have an AI and a line of AI Targets set up all within range of each other. What I want to happen is this:
it is rescue Darwinians from a mountain-top. I want it to where the Red Darwinians start moving on one of two conditions.
1. The Darwinians reach a certain point in the level.
2. The Virii guarding the passage between the mountain and Safe Zone reach a certain level.

Doing this would make the Red Darwinians 'ambush' the Green Darwinians while they are headed for the Safe Zone.

Also, while I am writing this, I have a SpawnPointMaster in my level, but when I start the level and begin playing it, the SPM does not appear on the screen. The Spirits seem to be coming from thin air.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 am

You have several issues here, so let me attempt to address them one by one:

1. SpawnPointMasters are invisible when they are set to global, and visible when non-global (or maybe it is the other way around---it has been a while). If you want the SpawnPointMaster to be visible, change the global flag. You can do this in the editor, or by manually editing the text file (the column labeled isGlobal should be changed to 1 or 0, depending upon the current state).

While this may seem counter-intuitive, there is a reason for this behaviour. SpawnPoints will not produce units if they are not connected to a SpawnPointMaster. However, in certain situations, you might not want to see the SpawnPointMaster (for intstance, see Temple, where the souls are "transported in" via Trunkport), thus the isGlobal flag is used to hide them.
  2. Just so we are clear (and you may not need to read this, but someone else might), a level with red DGs needs one AI (which can be placed anywhere). More than that should be unnecessary. Without the AI unit, AITargets won't do much. So, if you are using the AITargets, you need an AI unit. Again, it seems that you have done this correctly, I just want to make sure.
  3. What you want to do with the red DGs is not really possible, at least not with ATTargets. It is very difficult to control DGs, especially red ones. Basically, red DGs will mob an AITarget until there are a certain number of DGs at that target. Then, about half of the red DGs will move to a connected AITarget. The AITarget that they move to is chosen at random, so it can be difficult to determine where they are going, and timing for an ambush is difficult.

However, not all hope is lost. Depending on what you want to do, you can use AISpawnPoints (I think that is what they are called). AISpawnPoints start producing units when they are triggered, and continue to produce units until the level is completed. You can see them used in Patter Buffer in the campaign. They can be set to be triggered by any other building---hopefully, the UI of the editor should make it clear how to link an AISpawnPoint to a triggering building.

So, what you could do is create an AISpawnPoint that is triggered by some other building (a ScriptTrigger or SafeArea might get the job done). Then the enemy units would pop up in the correct place. There are two problems with this: (a) you may not want infinite enemy units, but this is what you will get. The AISpawnPoints will keep producing enemies until the level is completed. You may be able to get around this by using a very long delay, but there are side effects that you can experiment with. (b) The units will be appearing out of nowhere. You may not like this. However, there are tons of ways that you can justify this. For instance, you could put a Trunkport in the level, or something similar to justify the sudden appearance of the units.
  4. I am confused by your second condition. What do you mean by the virii "reaching a certain level?"

xander
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:36 am

You have it backwards xander, Master Spawn Points are visible when global and invisible when not. Unless it's that way on macintosh.

Also zack, if you're using a pc, and have Darwinia patched, you can set aispawnpoints to only spawn a certain amount of times. If not, then I guess you could make some red dg's start out on the map, and have it so once you activate a certain building, an aispawnpoint will create some ai units, because no matter how many are in the map, there will be no change.
zackman0010
level1
level1

Postby zackman0010 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm

By reaching a certain level, I mean when they destroy enough of them. Also, I can try to make it look like they came out of the Incubator that they originally spawned from. That might work as well. As for the MSP, I will try the Global function and see if it works.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Krion112 wrote:You have it backwards xander, Master Spawn Points are visible when global and invisible when not. Unless it's that way on macintosh.

Hence the parenthetical statement:
xander wrote:(or maybe it is the other way around---it has been a while)

xander
Nikolas
level2
level2

Re: AI Help

Postby Nikolas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm

What resources and guidance can you provide for using handwritten notes in the insurance industry? I am looking for ways to improve my approach to clients and increase the effectiveness of communication in this industry through the use of handwritten notes.
Jackmine11
level3
level3

Re: AI Help

Postby Jackmine11 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Hello. Of course, if you're looking for information on how to use handwritten notes in the insurance industry, you can find plenty of helpful tips and resources on the https://www.handwrytten.com/insurance/ website. This resource provides extensive information and advice on how to improve customer interactions, increase sales, and more. Work effectively in the insurance industry using handwritten notes based on artificial intelligence. I hope this helps you achieve your goals in this area!

Return to “Mod Projects”