How to work Fence Switches in version 1.5.11 (windows only)

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Krion112
level2
level2

How to work Fence Switches in version 1.5.11 (windows only)

Postby Krion112 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:02 am

How do Fence Switches work? The only way I can get them to do anything is to connect a control tower and then activate it.
Is that all or can you select them and do something because the selection box does come up, but it wont let me do anything.
Thanks in advance.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 am

If you have any mapping questions, I suggest reading the mapping guide, it's useful despite being old. (although I think it has a little outdated info)

This page has info of all the buildings.
LaserFence
The LaserFence is the big barrier on the Containment level. Setting one up can be a little tricky, as you have to place the LaserFence structures in the order you want to link them - if you link them in anything other than ID order, they won't turn on. Each LaserFence links to the next, although they do not have to form a complete circuit. LaserFence has one extra option with 4 settings - Disabled, Disabling, Enabled and Enabling. Each of those should speak for themselves, however, if you want your fences to actually work, you need to set them all to Enabled. I've been told by Chris himself that LaserFences won't work unless they are Enabled at the start.

Not that people won't gladly help you here in the forums, though.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 pm

As you stated it is out of date, though it's still very helpful. I'm just trying to figure out how to work fence switches since so far I've only found they work like power stations, or you can trigger them with a control tower...

Anyways, thanks NeatNit
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:47 pm

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Ironically, the quoted area that is one of the few specific ones in which the guide is out of date.

I wrote that and then decided that there really weren't any good resources on laserfence switches, so, I spent some time making one. In other words, tada, crapmods to the rescue! I think however that the primary missing element in your investigations is not applying DGs, as they need 4 DGs around them to function.

Laser Fence Test mod

Also crapmods in general.

Play/Poke at your liesure and all shall be revealed.

Return to “Mod Projects”