Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

vcordie
level1
level1
Location: [Log Modified] Connection from 128.128.128.128 Established

Quick scripting question

Postby vcordie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 pm

I was fooling around with frontline, and with fence switches, And I tried that commiwinia mod, and I was wondering, how do I make the fence switch so when one side captures it, it turns to its teams color, the fences I mean, And when the other side captures it, it turns to that color, Is this even possible, if its linked to scripts, post the script part, and tell me where to put it and how to put it lol.

Edit: found out how, sorta, but when the reds capture it now, my shields turn on, I want it so only if I capture it, my shields turn on.

Double Edit: Figured it out, so now im sorta making it so both sides in civil war have a good chance at winning.
Last edited by vcordie on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door
Now with an extra dose of dragons!
E rac
level0

Postby E rac » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:37 am

you can't change the color of laser fences in darwinia through scripts.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:26 am

E rac wrote:you can't change the color of laser fences in darwinia through scripts.

No, you can't -- but you can have two laser fences in the same place with the same color, and it is possible to raise and lower fences. So, what you would need to do is create two fences in the same place with the same color, and come up with a mechanism for getting one up while the other is down in a consistent manner. I am now sure how you would do that -- it has been a while since I have played with the editor -- but it might be conceivable possible.

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 am

I think you set one to disabling, and the other to enabling. Hook them up to <edit> Powerstations.
However, I don't see how it matters, the fences function identically regardless of team. Laserfence team permeability is new to Multiwinia, if that's what you were wanting.

Shwart!!
vcordie
level1
level1
Location: [Log Modified] Connection from 128.128.128.128 Established

Postby vcordie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks, Though shawt i think you wrong, The reds cant come through my green fences in darwinia, and my guys( the squads the engineers the whatever) cant come though any fence but the yellow one, but the main thing i was interested in, since theres no way to make them change color, was how to get the fence switch to work so when i take em, the fences that its connected to turn on, like in the first level, or was it second, of commiewinia, I wanted to know if it was connected to scripts or something.
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door

Now with an extra dose of dragons!

Return to “Mod Projects”