a little help....

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

hibbs
level2
level2

Postby hibbs » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:11 pm

ok that building destroy command could be use full but if you want to know what the messed up function is a quick search for graphic problems involving the world map would tell you. but to sum it up the pixel shaders are messed up. i found part of this by using 3d anylize. (sorry for my spelling errors) it's only affecting the world map though. any level (provided you can enter it without it crashing due to a mod error ex. trackend linked to pylon.) it will run just fine no graphics problems. which is weird becouse it's a part of the rendering software it should mess up levels as well.

edit

just a thought is there a way for you to call the music in darwinia to play like the intro etc.?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56 pm

Yes. example:

Code: Select all

TriggerSound            LoaderRaytrace

Some of them loop, some of them don't. Search for "music" in sounds.txt to get the sound event names of each track with the set up you want. (For example, LoaderRayTrace loops dma_sc-visitors_from_dreams, StartSequence plays exactly the same track, but will only play it once.)

You can also use the stopsound command to stop an otherwise looping sound, or playing another music seems to fade out the previous one. I believe using PermitEscape also includes a stopsound.

Also, if it was the pixel shaders, surely then turning pixel effect off would fix it? o_O
hibbs
level2
level2

Postby hibbs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:35 am

actually it doesn't it's a Genuine bug. it only affects certain cards and it only affects the world map. so for right now it's best if mod authors put a EnterLocation line after every level. hopefully IV will fix it in the next patch release.

edit

heck i'll volunteer for testing it if they don't have a machine affected by this. (i want new stuff without the glichy world map!)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:47 am

Where are you turning pixel effect off? The menu or the prefs file? I assume prefs etc, it's just graphics changes on the world map have a habbit of not taking effect. I don't doubt you've done research into this etc, but yknow, I'm just making sure!
hibbs
level2
level2

Postby hibbs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:33 am

actully there is no way of fixing it from this end i've tried every trick in the book menus, prefs file, updates, drivers, nothing works it's a bug. hang on and i'll look for that post.

edit

here it is.....
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=3951
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:29 am

Yeah I'm familiar, I'd just never heard it was specifically a pixel shader bug before your post in that thread, which shouldn't even be being used if pixel effect is disabled. I'm not trying to say it's not a bug or anything - although technically it's probably a combination of a certain command in Darwinia and that graphics card range's particular responce to it - I'm just wondering if that particular nuance had slipped under the radar.

Also I turned scripter 5000's old script commands listing into a webpage
hibbs
level2
level2

Postby hibbs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:39 am

good job on the site, and like i said if they don't fix this i can't upgrade darwinia any further. :(

Return to “Mod Projects”