The Diabolical Scripter Project

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Hmm... I do prefer notepad... but i'll try it out...

not portable. rejected. try to not require ocx files next time. I have to work portably without administrator privileges most of the time.

elyea
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:07 am

I'm sorry, I qualify that as a complaint about the coding

Rejected.

Please do not post in this thread with that attitude or all of a sudden work will stop, which may be fine for your high and mighty self but other people who might be quite grateful for this may be left soarly dissapointed.

I will attempt to see if I can make an (other than VB core) OCX free binary for your picky self, as I can forsee that it is decidedly inconvineint to do some horrible random file downloading and registering for other people in the same position. It will probably be horrible in comparison, but still. Do you even have VB core runtimes available in your convoluted example of a working environment?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 am

The GoldFish wrote:I'm sorry, I qualify that as a complaint about the coding

Rejected.

Please do not post in this thread with that attitude or all of a sudden work will stop, which may be fine for your high and mighty self but other people who might be quite grateful for this may be left soarly dissapointed.

I will attempt to see if I can make an (other than VB core) OCX free binary for your picky self, as I can forsee that it is decidedly inconvineint to do some horrible random file downloading and registering for other people in the same position. It will probably be horrible in comparison, but still. Do you even have VB core runtimes available in your convoluted example of a working environment?

lol ur code suckz0rz!!1!!1 it dosnt ev3n run on LOOOOOOOON1X!!11!1!!1!1!11!! rite it 4gain!!11!11!1 n00b!1!1!11!11!1oneoneoneelventy one

xander
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:03 am

The GoldFish wrote:I'm sorry, I qualify that as a complaint about the coding

Rejected.

I always thought you were nice... I guess you're not. :(
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 am

There, how's 0.6 for you, mr no OCXes!? (or is it Ms No OCXes? I don't even know anymore)

Also, anyone else who TRIED running this and got an OCX error (either TABCTL32.ocx or RichTXT or something .ocx, those aren't used any more!) and just NEGLECTED TO MENTION IT, those controls are GONE FOREVER, now you have CUNNING HAX instead which seem to work in basically the same way, so all is well with the world!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:14 am

Since apparently no one cares any more, work on this project has halted completely!

Maybe when new script commands appear, then it will be updated to include those (or someone else will update it)
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:34 am

The GoldFish wrote:Since apparently no one cares any more, work on this project has halted completely!

Maybe when new script commands appear, then it will be updated to include those (or someone else will update it)

well, actually, i was "kept away" from this thread by something else. sorry.

/me goes and downloads the newest version

"error 53, file not found"

elyea
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am

Well, both links work for me just fine and haven't changed in format since the last time you managed to download it.

They work in both IE and Firefox, so I'm afraid I don't know what to say.

Other than I probably ought to put up a version in a .zip

Ohhh, you mean when you run it!

I guess I must have not uncommented out one of the error trapping lines - please wait as sec...

Edit - right, try 0.6.1 and you ought to get an actual useful piece of information out of it.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:12 pm

The GoldFish wrote:Well, both links work for me just fine and haven't changed in format since the last time you managed to download it.

They work in both IE and Firefox, so I'm afraid I don't know what to say.

Other than I probably ought to put up a version in a .zip

Ohhh, you mean when you run it!

I guess I must have not uncommented out one of the error trapping lines - please wait as sec...

Edit - right, try 0.6.1 and you ought to get an actual useful piece of information out of it.

note to self: always extract ALL files from a rar.

if its not too hard, I would suggest adding a message "you forgot to extract commands.txt!!!" when its not found.

looks like you violated your nda,...

erm... i did NOT just say that.

for cambuilding focus... the first "some number" i beleive is height to start at, (the place the camera first flies to,) and the second is the height of the exact other side.

My commands.txt wrote:CamBuildingFocus "Focuses the camera on a building" 3 1 "Building ID to focus on" 2 "Height to start at" 2 "Height at the opposite side"

elyea
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:25 am

Testrie wrote:for cambuilding focus... the first "some number" i beleive is height to start at, (the place the camera first flies to,) and the second is the height of the exact other side.

My commands.txt wrote:CamBuildingFocus "Focuses the camera on a building" 3 1 "Building ID to focus on" 2 "Height to start at" 2 "Height at the opposite side"

elyea

BZZT!! Wrong! Thanks for playing.

The second number is the average height of the camera, the first number is the average distance horizontally from the building.

xander
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:28 am

xander wrote:
Testrie wrote:for cambuilding focus... the first "some number" i beleive is height to start at, (the place the camera first flies to,) and the second is the height of the exact other side.

elyea

BZZT!! Wrong! Thanks for playing.

The second number is the average height of the camera, the first number is the average distance horizontally from the building.

xander

well, at least the function of the first number isnt "unknown" and the function of the second number isn't "unknown" as the help file said.

elyea
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 am

Testrie wrote:
The GoldFish wrote:Ohhh, you mean when you run it!

note to self: always extract ALL files from a rar.

if its not too hard, I would suggest adding a message "you forgot to extract commands.txt!!!" when its not found.
looks like you violated your nda,...erm... i did NOT just say that.

for cambuilding focus... the first "some number" i beleive is height to start at, (the place the camera first flies to,) and the second is the height of the exact other side.

elyea

Right, firstly, I don't care about the NDA wrt the existing script command updates any more, as far as I'm aware this program may work on Vista, and I shouldn't ignore them for those on XP and other windows operating systems. OK?

If new features are added into the current beta which are not immidietly released into the Vista version, then obviously those ought to be kept quiet about. The main reason it exists is to maintain exclusivity for press coverage, and if they've publically announced the latest patch this is probably pretty much accounted for, I would say. 1.5.4 is public, anyone who wants to can purchase and know about the information contained in commands.txt pertaining to new scripts commands.

Secondly, there ARE error messages regarding if it can't find commands.txt, it isn't in the Darwinia root folder, if it cant find a mods folder or any folders as subdirectories. HOWEVER, as I said when I replied to you, I'd commented out the line which turned them on and had forgotton to uncomment it (since where I was running it from there would be no errors) in order to capture any fresh errors as this section had been changed slightly. 0.6.1 will correctly complain when it's not in Darwinia root (it looks for a Darwinia.exe so you can trick it if you have to), and when it can't find commands.txt, or any of the other reasons it would give an error. If (as I suggest) you try 0.6.1 you may find the error messages working, or you may not, in which case get back to me as you'll have found a bug.

And finally, RE CamBuildingFocus, I rarely, if ever (1 time in Stricken's Intro and there I just made up the numbers...) use this command so I didn't know anything about it, so, whatever, if you can give me an answer on it and someone else agrees then it'll get updated 'officially'. Some number just means, I don't know exactly what it does. The ones that *ARE* unknown, to my knowledge anyway, are CamBuildingApproach which was introduced in 1.3, and that's about it. There are DEFINATELY still Script commands ommited (like PurityControl) but I don't anticipate people really want that one anyway...

Remember that the ORDER of commands in commands.txt is also relavent, if you find you're always scrolling around trying to find a command you use a lot, you can change the position of its line and it'll move up and down the dropdowns, and if you make a case for it that can be patch in as well. The same is true of the strings dropdowns, those will be in the order they're in in strings_default.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:39 am

Ok. lets be nice now.

you should add support for game.txt scripts.
or did i miss that...
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:42 am

I *AM* being nice.

Anyway, game.txt scripts (or at least a script prototyper so you can just copy/paste them into your game.txt) is on the list of things that could happen. As are dropdowns for research names, locations and missions, cameras perhaps, building IDs and that sort of thing.

But they probably won't.

Basically, because I need to make lots of Fluffwinians, and have my 3rd year Dissertation to do, I don't really have any time to commit to expanding the features. That's one reason why the sourcecode is available. The other is so people don't instantly assume it's a VB virus/hax tool.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:52 am

The GoldFish wrote:I *AM* being nice.

Anyway, game.txt scripts (or at least a script prototyper so you can just copy/paste them into your game.txt) is on the list of things that could happen. As are dropdowns for research names, locations and missions, cameras perhaps, building IDs and that sort of thing.

But they probably won't.

Basically, because I need to make lots of Fluffwinians, and have my 3rd year Dissertation to do, I don't really have any time to commit to expanding the features. That's one reason why the sourcecode is available. The other is so people don't instantly assume it's a VB virus/hax tool.

too bad I cant get a fluffwinian :(

elyea

Return to “Mod Projects”