help!

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

combineguy
level1
level1

help!

Postby combineguy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:22 pm

Ok, I need you guys to give me an example of some objectives, please don't tell me to go to a guide or anything, it doesn't explain enough.
I would like you guys to give me the codes for the following 3 objectives.

1: destroy spam email
2: wipe out red darwinian population
3: clear pattern corruption

I think, that if I had those 3 I would be able to figure the rest out.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Every single objective in the game takes the form:

Code: Select all

BuildingOnline:[LocationName],[BuildingID]  [StringLabel]  [Script]

Actually, there are some objections, but this will suffice for just about every single objective. This text belongs in the objectives section of the mission file. The trick is determining which building needs to come online.

1) Destroy the Spam: the ID of the Spam you want destroyed.
2) Wipe Out the Enemy: put a SpawnPointMaster in the level, and make it global. Use its ID for the objective. Note: the objective is to destroy all enemies, not just red DGs.
3) Clear Pattern Corruption: use the ID of the BluePrintStore in the level. The building will come online shortly after four BluePrintConsoles that are linked to it come online.

That being said, I am getting sick of your attitude. All of this information can be found in the guides, and on these boards. Please do not demand that we spell these things out for you because you are too lazy to read the guides. If you want to mod, you really need to get comfortable with the editor, as well as all of the auxiliary files that you need to deal with. Read the guides, and, if you get stuck, read through the files that you can find in main.dat . Doing both of these things will answer a lot of questions.

xander
combineguy
level1
level1

Postby combineguy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 am

Ok thanks, I see what I was doing wrong then. The guide just said to use the buildingonline code for that one objective... I didn't realize that applied to everything. So agian, thanks.

Return to “Mod Projects”