Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

michiel14
level1
level1

How long??

Postby michiel14 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:52 pm

i was actually wondering
How long will you keep creating fluffwinians?
are yo going to create them till beyond Multiwinnia (when it comes out)
or could it be that in a few months you say you gonna stop creating them.
that was mine post and Now ive got only 1 more thing to say.....:

OMG THOSE ARE SO CUTE :D !!!!!
unfortunatly its impossible for me to get 1 of those (hint:Parents). oh well
Keep creating them

PS: how much profit do you actually make with them??
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:10 am

To your first question, I have to say I have absolutely no idea.

To your last question, the actual materials (if you could get them for a single fluffwinian) is something miniscule like 50-60 pence.

The issue is they take about 3-4 hours to sew by hand.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:28 am

I thought you said you had access to a sewing machine? I'm definetly thinking about getting one, but if I leave it in the wrong place at the wrong time my dogs will eat its adorableness and I am prone to leaving things in places that I shouldn't.
By the way, I'M ON VACATION AT THE OUTER BANKS!!! WOOHOO!!! SO MUCH FUN!!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:03 am

I do.

But you wanna try sewing a fluffwinian with a sewing machine? It's basically impossible unless I come up with an entirely new pattern, and I can't realistically see how that's possible.

The square, straight corners run amock with getting straight seams, and being barely even amateurish in the use of a sewing machine, I ended up doing more damage using the machine than making progress.

I may be able to use it to do the 2nd stage of stictching faster, I don't know yet...

The sewing machine does however help vastly in doing longer, smoother seams.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:30 am

Oh. I see.
Well, I'm definitely thinking about it. I really have no idea considering I don't know if my parents use paypal at all.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:54 am

Wow those are so cool. I was just wondering how much do you think it would cost for you to send a red and a green fluffwinian to Australia in Australian Dollars?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:36 am

I don't know exactly, but the exchange rate to Aus$ is brutal - I think it works out as something like 45-50 AUD (which as I understand it is a lot compared to the actual useful value of 20 pounds in England) but we might be able to work something out.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 am

It's okay I'm used to the Australian exchange rate sucking. Yeah I would really like to get one red and one green fluffwinian sent to Australia.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:00 am

You still doing this? I still have to get around to an order...
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:39 am

To be honest...

no

I'm so so sorry but I don't think I can do this any more. I'm especially sorry to all the people I've said I would get around to making fluffies for.

I really want to keep on making fluffies but I just don't have the time of day any more. They take such a long time to make in any volume and the rewards and payoffs for me have become fewer and smaller in magnitude as time has gone on.

What I do have, though, is lots and lots of the stuff you need to make Fluffies. So, what I could do is send out DIY fluffwinian kits, and for a fraction of the cost. Perhaps some people would be interested in this? Honestly they are quite easy to make (one reason why I ask so little for them) but they do take quite a lot of focus and are relatively unstimulating after you've done about 30, so that's just something I can't bring myself to do any more. I'd hoped machines would make it easier for me but frankly they just make more work because the fluffies are too square edged for them to work well. I can easily drum up a how to make a fluffy guide and cut things out from the templates and ship off squeakers, stuffing and thread (no needles) if people are intersted in this, just as long as I don't have to sit down and sew up the corners myself any more.

I'll try to move away from fluffwinians and work on some more unique members of the Darwinian fauna, or other generally cutesie stuff.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Oh
:(

If you ask me, a DIY kit would work very well.
(It would compensate for my lack of knowledge on making the scripting magic go)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 am

I'm tempted to point out that my gran is a retired seamstress, but I'm not sure she'd appreciate me asking for her to sew up 100 fluffwinians ><
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
darundal
level0

Postby darundal » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 pm

Out of curiosity, how much would you be charging for the kits, if you do find yourself inclined to sell those?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 am

Well, I can't be absolutely sure, but I would imagine somewhere in the region of £2.50-3.00, since mailing it with all the stuffing etc is still going to cost about £1.10-£1.80 (UK/Aroudn the world) depending on where it's going. If you can supply your own stuffing I imagine the shipping would be notably reduced but I don't think you usually get such small amouts unless you buy cotton wool bits from cosmetics places, which isn't really ideal at all.

Add on the envelopes/boxes, stuffing, squeaker, fluff, and thread, the costs quickly mounts up by another ~£1.50 (mostly the packing and the squeaker).

I'm afraid you'll have to supply your own needle! Because the fluff is all a lattice work anyway it doesn't need to be very sharp so you don't have to worry about finger stabbings, heh.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 pm

You do have instructions, right?

Return to “Mod Projects”