Obviously, the more reasonable the request, the more likely it is to get added to the game - requests for a dozen more unit types are much less likely to happen than, say, the ability to change text avatars (Dr Sepulveda) dynamically (which is already done, incidently.)
Please try to be as concise and to the point as possible - again, the easier I can understand your requests/suggestions, the more likely they are to be added.
You should also be aware of the fact that I am working on this in my free time, outside of all the other work I have to do, so I make no promises as to the speed at which these features will be added or released.
So, if you have anything you'd like to see in Darwinia, post it here!
- - ChangeAvatar scripting function, allows you to change the directory that the avatar images are read from. Any number of images can be used, and changed randomly.
- DynamicBuilding, a versitle building with numerous features
- - Can use any shape (ala StaticShapes)
- Can be assigned a 'Health' value, which will make the building destructable
- If set to Global, the building can come online when it is destroyed
- Will Dynamically read 'port' markers from the shape assigned to the model and create working Darwinian ports, which will cause the building to come online once all used
- Can be assigned a unit type to spawn, in the same way as an AISpawnPoint building.
- Team information can now be extracted to a text file. You can use the text file to specify the team colour, alliances between teams, and the Player team. See http://the-icebox.com/Darwinia/screenshot3.jpg for an example of this with 4 (randomly) coloured teams. An example of the file format for the main game would be:
Code: Select all
Colour 100 255 100
Colour 200 50 50
Colour 200 200 30
- Team Alliances can be made and broken dynamically using the SetAlliance and BreakAlliance scripting functions.
- Sounds.txt will now be read from the directory of the current mod, if present.
- Dynamic colouring for 3D entities (Spiders only, currently) - http://the-icebox.com/Darwinia/spiders.jpg
- Using teams.txt, each team may now be given unique models for each unit - http://the-icebox.com/Darwinia/spidersyay.jpg
- You can now use the scripting command SetAvatarName to display a name over the current avatar - http://the-icebox.com/Darwinia/sepname.jpg
- Using the SetFadeRate scripting command, you can change the speed at which the screen fades in and out during transitions. It takes a float as a parameter, for the scale by which the speed should change (3.0 = 3 times normal speed, 0.5 = half normal speed)
- SetLogoFile and SetLogoName can now be used to dynamically change the image/text displayed by the ShowDarwinLogo command
- You can now change the stats of units using the SetUnitStat scripting command. For example:
Code: Select all
SetUnitStat Virii Health 60
SetUnitStat Squadie Rate 40
SetUnitStat Officer Health 50