has anyone used * in a mod yet? (see post for the *)

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Testrie
level3
level3

has anyone used * in a mod yet? (see post for the *)

Postby Testrie » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:10 am

Before reading on, please promise that you will not steal my idea.

if you do not agree to these terms, click back now.

if you do, click this link.
It should be the first post. (unless someone has told me an anwser and I have either started work on this mod or started posting about some other mod.)

tes

PS yes I did search, but a lot of completely irrevelant threads came up.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:18 pm

I have, sorry. I think that there are some allied virii and spiders in junction 3 of the deserts (they may have been removed) however they feature quite heavily in FTP (work in progress atm)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:49 am

:( i don't feel orginal anymore... (even though it was independent invention... I've never played your mod[don't try to make me play it because the only time I actually have access to a computer is at school :( {I'm using a pda right now}])

May I use the idea?

if you must, ill give you credit for coming up with the idea first.

when did you come up with the idea?

What is FTP? (im assuming its not the transfer thing)

tes
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:29 am

You don't need anyone's permission to use an existing game mechanic to accomplish something - only original stuff like having Darwinian souls trapped in squaddies that were stuck on top of spirit receivers, or evil pink/purple floating darwinians of the apocalypse, or scary looking pictures of HAL is where you ought to feel bad or be concerned about taking things. Just having a green super squaddie, or generally making new models for units, or any cunning hack you find in any mod to accomplish something is, IMO, completely fair game.

Any resources used in other mods like terrain colours, water and sounds that are original works of the modder, or works the modder has gotten permission to use, however, you should avoid using in a released mod without first seeking approval, unless approval was already given in the readme (anything from Stricken is usable, for example)

It's the story and events that, if anything, ought to be original
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 pm

exactly what TGF said, I may have used the idea but that dosen't make it mine :P
and FTP is part four of TheBigMod

also I might add that green virii are invisible :P although they're good for slowing down enemy progress, plonk down 5 DGs and 100 green virii and you have an apparently super indestructible group of DGs ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:54 pm

also I might add that green virii are invisible although they're good for slowing down enemy progress, plonk down 5 DGs and 100 green virii and you have an apparently super indestructible group of DGs

Code: Select all

byncu_green_virii_1 sepul:there seems to be some unknown force protecting those virii over there...
byncu_green_virii_2 tes>scan area 2 4
byncu_green_virii_3 scan complete: (5) good darwinians. (100) good virii.
byncu_green_virii_4 sepul:oh my god! its virii?

tes

Return to “Mod Projects”