Centipede questions

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

daset
level3
level3

Centipede questions

Postby daset » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:25 pm

1) Does anyone know why, when a centipede gets large, the range of attacks gets ludicrious, and you can see it killing things from quites a ways away from its head? Does anyone know how to fix/manipulate/edit it?

2) Why is it when you turn up the centipede size, the size hits a point and the tail then begins to get smaller? Furthermore, I am not sure, but as the tail gets smaller, at a certain point, the tail becomes huge again and slowly gets smaller again. This only happens at over 1000 links.

Apologies for the n00b questions.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:45 am

1) The killzone thing: it happens because this is the way that IV programmed it. I can't possibly tell you why they chose to make it behave like that, but it does. It does make larger centipedes harder to kill, which may have been the point. For instance, any centipede over 25 or 30 in length is quite hard to kill with just DGs. As far as I know, this cannot be altered or manipulated by simple modding -- it is hardcoded, and would probably require source code.

2) Just a guess, but the variable used to store the size of the shape may be under- or overflowing, and wrapping around. This would cause the individual sections to get smaller and smaller, then wrap back to the larger size.

xander
Lowell
level3
level3

Re: Centipede questions

Postby Lowell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 pm

daset wrote:. This only happens at over 1000 links.

Over 1000 !!!and I thought I was bad at a size of 50 :shock: that would take up the whole map... :twisted:

Return to “Mod Projects”