New Mod:Hacker Retrtibution (well, when I get it done)

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Rampage Starfire
level1
level1
Location: Simultaneously existing in Canada and a much better place than this world

New Mod:Hacker Retrtibution (well, when I get it done)

Postby Rampage Starfire » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:24 pm

Synopsis:

After the Great Rocket Project (see the darwinia demo) the Darwinians began to explore cyberspace, they discovered many wonders and also many horrors. In time the Darwinians began to learn more of the Web and many of it's pitfalls. One day they visited a new system, a system owned by a Hacker. This was one of those individuals that like to spend their time Hacking into other systems for fun and write viruses to infect and destroy them. The Kind of Virus that infected and almost destroyed Darwinia. The Darwinians were horrified that such a person existed. With the memories of the Great War still in the minds the Darwinians did what Dr. Sepulveda thought would never happen...

The Darwinians Declared War!

They attacked the Hacker's system, systematically wiping out files and shorting out the Hacker's network Links. Many Darwinians died doing these things, killed by the Hacker's anitvirus programs and incinerated by power overloads. Their Souls lost, never to return to the Central Repository. The Darwinians knew this, but thought that it was worth it.

Dr Sepulveda, Horrified at what the Darwinians were doing, tried to persuade them to stop at every turn. he shut down network links and wrote firewalls to stop them, but the Darwinians would not be dissuaded, they reactivated the network links and decompiled the Firewalls. The Darwinians even infiltrated Dr Sepulveda's system and began limiting his access to the Darwinia Mainframe. It was this that was thier downfall.

The Hacker was no fool, they knew that somthing quite odd was going on. At first they thought that it was just some other hacker screwing with thier system. They quickly learned what was really going on. the Hacker had heard rumors of what Dr Sepulveda was doing and now they knew the truth. The Hacker was amused at first but as the Darwinians learned and became more successful at sabotaging thier system they got angry and then they got even.

Backtracking the cyber-trail the Hacker gained access to the Darwinia Mainframe and learned all the details of the Great War, especially about the Virus. Reengineering and improving the Virus they began thier own assault on Darwinia. Soon the Darwinians had been pushed back and were defending thier own network from the Viral attacks of the Hacker. The Darwinians learned quickly, but the Hacker had much experience in breaking into other systems and the Darwinians were virtually helpless to stop the Viral onslaught.

Dr Sepulveda tried to help the Darwinians, but the Darwinians themselves had Cut off his access so he was powerless to do much of anything to assist them.

The Hacker then made sure that the vaunted Dr Sepulveda could do nothing and hacked into the police records and had him arrested on Tax evasion.

The Darwinians are on the verge of being exterminated yet again, but this time it isn't by a mindless virus, but by an Entity fully aware of it's actions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there is the Backstory hope someone's intrest is peaked. Please Note that this is not in any way connected with Hacked.

Here is a screen shot of my first level. (I think it is looks great)

Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Nice story! Good luck!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:57 pm

sounds cool, and having a good storyline is half of the difficulty.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:55 am

That's a Great idea, like Martin said, the story line is half the battle.

That's my pitfall, not much of a writer.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:43 am

you know, i just hope the_goldfish dosen't come in here! otherwise he'll start taking the .... and saying that obviously I never build decent maps because I believe the storyline is more importnat - eternal argument about my maps :(
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
TinFoil
level2
level2

Postby TinFoil » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:44 pm

Oh. Darn. Another mod without squads. :|

How do you plan on taking the Repository out? (and the souls floating up from the locations) :?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:32 pm

how do you know it's without squads?
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1
Location: Simultaneously existing in Canada and a much better place than this world

Postby Rampage Starfire » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:23 pm

sorry it isn't going to be as innovative as Stricken Souls, it is going to devolve to mostly slugging it through some levels and developing the storyline. but I do plan to try a few ideas.

There Will be squads! as many squads as you can manage to get slaughtered :twisted:
TinFoil
level2
level2

Postby TinFoil » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:24 am

YAY!!!!!...

Disposable squads are good. It seemed like the story was about another officer-DG mod...

Who are we playing as anyway? Or is it a secret... :twisted:
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1

Postby Rampage Starfire » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:11 pm

TinFoil wrote:YAY!!!!!...

Disposable squads are good. It seemed like the story was about another officer-DG mod...

I'll answer your question with another question: who were you playing as in the original game? :P
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:59 am

Rampage Starfire wrote:
TinFoil wrote:YAY!!!!!...

I'll answer your question with another question: who were you playing as in the original game? :P
Some random person who connected to a certain system at the right time?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1

Postby Rampage Starfire » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:11 am

TinFoil wrote:Oh. Darn. Another mod without squads. :|

How do you plan on taking the Repository out? (and the souls floating up from the locations) :?

now why would I need to take out the repository?

but if I did it isn't that hard, just alter the Glow.bmp texture to be clear
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:03 am

then you would have darwinians gathering around nothing, and sending empty boxes into the sky :P
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:25 pm

but would that be too bad?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:26 pm

but would that be too bad? maybe you could make up some shit about the fact that now they've left Darwinia they don't leave souos behind any more.

Return to “Mod Projects”