Bleary eyes

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

EzekielOL
level1
level1

Bleary eyes

Postby EzekielOL » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:54 am

My eyes are bleary from trying to find out how to install a mod....
I need some simple instructions to install the insurrection mod into a steam version of Darwinia ie do I need to create a new folder...and where do I put it? The instructions that came with the mod are a little vague, at least for me....
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:45 am

excerpt from http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=2825 used without permission!

"Q.How do I use Mods?
A. Mods can only be used after you have beaten the game (there is also a cheat you can use to enable the Mod system which will not be mentioned here).

Once the mod system had been enabled, download a mod and extract it to the Mods folder in your Darwinia directory. The mod should have it's own folder inside the mods folder; for example, if you've downloaded Insurrection, the Mod files should be located in:
Using the Steam version: \Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[user]\darwinia\mods\Insurrection\"

HOWEVER, after that, it's fairly imperative that you edit your "\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[user]\darwinia\preferences.txt as per the insurrection readme;

HelpEnabled = 0
BootLoader = firsttime
UserProfile = [NewProfile]
ModSystemEnabled = 1
Mod = Insurrection

This is because Insurrection has an automatic cinematic intro, and if you were to load the mod inside the game, you would have to watch it twice, as all mods start with a dummy profile which doesn't save progress for safety reasons.

If any part of this is again, too vague, feel free to respond as such and we can have another go.
EzekielOL
level1
level1

Thanks

Postby EzekielOL » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Not too vague at all..
I actually remembered reading this once before, but couldn't seem to find it again when I needed it.
Thanks for your help.

Return to “Mod Projects”