Map idea, does it already exist?

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:34 pm

The GoldFish wrote:That's probably because xander is thinking pre 1.3 - for mac, 1.3 was skipped and a 1.4 beta has only recently become available (ie, he's not an idiot).

Since 1.3, the red lines are all gone now; Basically, the red lines would connect from AI targets to all the targets it could see within it's big ass sphere - for some reason that's gone now.

Either way, what you'll probably find is that, as soon as all the other points around the hill have red darwinians at them, vast quanitities will charge the hill - points with 0 red darwinians have the highest priority for where the AI sends them. Points which have at least 1 red darwinian usually won't get re-inforced. If all the AI targets have red darwinians, then lots will build up at one point, usually towards the centre of the AI target network (the 'hit squads' in civil war/construction) - we're talking possibly hundreds of Darwinians here - or in fact possibly an infinate amount if the point they gather at is outside a spawn population lock that covers spawn poinst which feed it.

Thanks, thats helpfull, and answers a lot of my questions! Ill fool around with it a bit more.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:07 am

xander wrote:Ack! You are correct.

I'm always correct >:O

edit - except possibly when using makeavailable >_>
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:32 pm

The GoldFish wrote:
xander wrote:TGF has done a great deal of work to figure out how they work, so he is currently the authority.
I have? Most of what I did for Civil War/Construction was just, put a load of AI targets everywhere and see how it worked, played around with it from there, then hoped it'd work that way every time (it did)

Yeah, thats's more work than anyone else TGF.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:37 am

Trunk ports are not working for me.

On the map, there is a line connecting the locations.

The trunk ports on both of the maps have a controll tower that is linked to them that is controlled by team 2.

Yet they dont work. Why? WHY!?!?!?!?!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:43 am

Because having a team 2 control tower linked to them doesn't turn them on.

You need to mess about with game.txt to set them online at the start.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:48 am

Puzzlemaker wrote:Trunk ports are not working for me.

On the map, there is a line connecting the locations.

The trunk ports on both of the maps have a controll tower that is linked to them that is controlled by team 2.

Yet they dont work. Why? WHY!?!?!?!?!

What, exactly, do you mean by saying "the trunkports don't work?" There are two, completely different issues that I can see being a problem.

1) You cap a trunkport on one end, and the trunkport on the other end does not come online. I am not quite sure to do about this, and have worked around it, using the method that I will outline below.

2) You have a trunkport that you want to be online from the start. To do this, you will need to put a line in game.txt that tells Darwinia that it is online. That line should be in the "Buildings" section of game.txt, and should look something like this:

Code: Select all

#id  teamid  locid  type  link  online
     #===================================
      0     2     1     11     0     1

The first number tells Darwinia the ID of the trunkport (you can get this from the editor by selecting the trunkport, or from the map file). The next number is the team that the trunkport is on (probably 2, but can realistically be anything). LocID is the number of the location (can be found in game.txt). Type is the building type (11 for a trunkport). Link depends upon the building, but for a trunkport, is the location ID of the map that the trunkport links to. The last number, online, is the online status of the trunkport: 1 == online; 0 == offline. You will want to make sure that this is 1.

xander

EDIT: And TGF beats me too it...
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Oh, thanks guys, that helps, a lot. Wee, almost done. Not very good, buts its fairly fun so far, which is what I guess counts.

Edit: Its still crashing randomly. Dang.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:53 am

How long a randomly?
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 pm

?

Its... random. Sometimes its fine. Sometimes its not.

I *THINK* it has something to do with red darwinians getting battle cannons, but I am not positive about that.

Return to “Mod Projects”