The_Particles_Within

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue May 30, 2006 8:10 pm

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:You dont get it do you? I always play with no profile no matter what mod it is...

Why? That is really kind of useless. First, you can't save your progress. Second, when you complain of a bug, there is no way for the developer of the mod to backtrace the bug by looking through your profile, thus making it very, very difficult to find the bug in the first place. Third, playing with no profile can lead to other interesting bugs, as game.txt and the mission files are not rewritten on the fly in the way in which they are supposed to be. In summary, it is really kind of stupid to play with no profile, then expect people to be able to track down problems that you are having.

xander

As i have said before.... if i ever have a profile on certain mods, when i attempt to restart darwinia, when its about to hit the splash screen, it quits... even when i set the prefs to "none" at the profile, load darwinia and attempt to load it from ingame, it either gives a windows error, or it just quits. NO POINT AINT THERE HUH NOW!?!?
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 9:45 pm

Okay...well that's strange about your preferences file. I use the DPG and love it.

Just played Lepton through. Played fine. The two major scripts played and ended without a glitch. The ending script kicked-in and played just fine as well. Completed all objectives.

Although, it seemed the one script kicked in a tad early. It started playing on the first DG instead of waiting for more. That I will most likely look at.

:::Trouble Ticket Report:::
No Trouble Found. :)
Lowell
level3
level3

Update 0.14 ...final for part one...

Postby Lowell » Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 am

New Update 0.14...0.14 changed to 0.15...

I have added a few tweaks in this version. The cell count on Lepton has been risen thus letting the map play faster. {From 65,750 cells down to 43,000 cells} A few minor landscape changes for graphic reasons were made to fill in low areas. A few storyline enhancements. A spam on Lepton needed adjusting. The last trunk port needed nudged to higher ground on Lepton. Also adjusted a script triggers location and diameter, adding better objective instructions.

***snip...view a newer link for the download***

Thanks
Lowell
Last edited by Lowell on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:51 am

New update planed for Particles…0.15…this will not affect your running profile.

>I have removed the Difficulty script on all mission texts, this way players may use higher settings.
>Adjustment for timing issues on three scripts.
>Time and quantity adjustment made for Hadron’s “Spam-Kiss-of-Death” script.
>AI Spawn Point adjustment on Gluons.

Although the change on Gluons will change the game play on that map…this change will not affect your running profile.

If you have any game play issues or suggestions, just drop me a line…

Lowell
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:34 am

Okay...here is the last update for part One of The_Particles_Within. Version 0.15, just click the orange link below...unless you are color blind, then I don’t know what color to tell you… :)

The_Particles_Within_0.15

>Just a few script changes
>Adjustment to an AI Spawn Point on Gluons
EDIT//>I failed to mention 0.15 allows the player to set their own difficulty rate of play on all levels.

If you have completed 0.14 you may wait for part two, however update 0.15 will not interfere with your running profile.

A new set of 3 maps is almost complete for part two of the mod.

Lowell
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:53 pm

I finally get around to downloading your mod, and your link's dead. Forget to pay your bill? ;D
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:17 am

Ha ha... Just changed my domain servers. Should be up now...
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:23 am

Heh. Got it, thanks. :D
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:35 am

I just found an error on the game text...Officers are not given at the start. I have just corrected this on my links and files.

EDIT//The officers are given when certain tasks are completed. In my testing I overlooked setting that back to zero for the start.
mellowvision2
level1
level1

having trouble finishing HADRON

Postby mellowvision2 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:20 am

hey, nice MOD! this has been great so far.

I am pretty sure I've killed everything and done all I can on HADRON, with the exception of one spider who is stuck at the top of the tall mountain. I have darwinians up there shooting away, but none will get close enough to kill it.

Now that I've let it run too long, there are way too many darwinians, and the frame rate slowed down to maybe .5 frames a second... 1 tops.

I'm not on a blazer though, I'm running OSX on a powerbook 1.65ghz...

everything's up to date.

any hints what I need to do to satisfy that last requirement on the list? do I need to coral the darwinians somewhere?
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:42 pm

I left the level and came back, and even though there was more spam, I was able to complete the level! nice one.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:35 am

mellowvision2 wrote:I left the level and came back, and even though there was more spam, I was able to complete the level! nice one.

Sorry... The day job has gotten busy.

So did you complete Hadron? Each island should stop production once the population lock kicks in. Remember each island must have a group on it, the pop lock encompasses each island...so there is no "magic spot" to place them. Just take over each island and populate each one with the number listed in the objectives screen. You will need to get rid of ALL spams first. I have had good frame rates on Hadron, although it has been one monster of a level to control. Hadron went through six big changes to get it down to what it is today.

So...you liked the first "easy" part of the mod. I have been clicking away at part two...The_Particles_Within. Big battles are in the future. Heavy Leptons will start off the set with a big bang.

I still have a few new buildings to convert and I will post a few new screen shots. I am still a few weeks out from tests.

Thanks

EDIT// I failed to mention that "each" island has a pop lock of it's own. So having a ton of DG's on one island will not work.
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:03 am

yep, I completed it. population wasn't an issue, it was that a spider was stuck on the top of the big pointy mountain.

also, my resolution is 1600x1050, and the bottom of the objective list gets cut off on hadron, so you can't read the objective or see the count. you can click on the top of the objective to get the walk-thru... it's because the list of objectives is long, I think...
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:22 am

Have you tried a different resolution?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:07 pm

Montyphy wrote:Have you tried a different resolution?

He is already playing at a rather larger resolution. Any smaller, and more objectives are going to be cut off. I am impressed that he manages that high a resolution on a 1.65 GHz G4 in the first place. There is something funky about Apple's OpenGL implementation that really sucks the life out of Darwinia. Also, the AI slows things down quite a bit where there are a ton of units. I don't think that resolution is the issue. I think the problem is that Hadron has too many objectives :)

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”