Souls float away too quick ...

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Lowell
level3
level3

Souls float away too quick ...

Postby Lowell » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:04 am

Has anyone noticed that in the MODs the dead souls seem to float away too quick? I have been testing some maps of mine and before I get an area cleared out for my Engineers they are floating away. I remember in the game they stayed a tad longer. I looked through all the files and didn't see any settings or mention of any script. :?:
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:09 am

In maps with spawn points - I'm not sure exactly which part of the system triggers it, but if you have the ability to spawn infinite darwinians, then its triggered - souls float away faster. In the original game, this wasnt a problem because they never have incubators in such a level, so theres no need to collect souls.

If you dont have a spawn system, then this is a puzzle.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 am

sigh ... I have spawnpoints on those maps. I wounder if there is a way to adjust that setting ?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:38 pm

A spawnpointmaster set to global in the level makes souls float away quickly - set it to non global and it will be invisible - but you could find the SHP for the spawnpointmaster, put that in place and make the real one non global (invisible) souls will stay longer and it will look as if you have a master.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:10 pm

cool idea, I'm going to try that.

Return to “Mod Projects”