Rocket model?

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:10 am

Sharpshot123 wrote:i think i tried linking a spirit spawner to a spawn link.

You can't do that... it won't work. Each system is independent, and cannot be linked into another system. The systems are:

Receiver: ReceiverLink, SpiritReceiver, SpiritSpawner, SpiritProcessor
Spawn: SpawnPointMaster (make it global to make it visible), SpawnLink, SpawnPoint
Generator: SolarPanel, Pylon, Generator, PylonEnd
Mine: Refinery, Mine, TrackLink, TrackJunction (not sure about the last two -- they might be named something else), TrackStart, TrackEnd (or something like that)

xander
Sharpshot123
level1
level1

Postby Sharpshot123 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:18 am

xander wrote:Spawn: SpawnPointMaster (make it global to make it visible), SpawnLink, SpawnPoint
xander

are u saying that if i make a spawnpointmaster nonglobal that it wont be visable? and it will still work. cause thats exactly what im looking for. but i remember it saying in the guide that nongobal will most likly crash.. so im not sure..
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:24 am

Sharpshot123 wrote:
xander wrote:Spawn: SpawnPointMaster (make it global to make it visible), SpawnLink, SpawnPoint
xander

are u saying that if i make a spawnpointmaster nonglobal that it wont be visable? and it will still work. cause thats exactly what im looking for. but i remember it saying in the guide that nongobal will most likly crash.. so im not sure..

A non-global SpawnPointMaster will be invisible. Have a look at Temple for an example. However, its links will also be invisible, so there will be no souls traveling down wires to see.

My suggestion is this: put a SpiritSpawner at one end of the level, way, way off of the map, and a ReceiverLink at the other end of the level, way, way off of the map, and link the two. That might get you the effect that you are looking for. I did something similar in Communications in the Insurrection mod, though with BluePrintRelays. Have a look at that level in the editor... it might help.

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:19 am

>_<

You all suck! But thanks for indicating another thing in Ice's guide that needs changing!

OK, basically, it depends what you're trying to achieve here - if you basically want a cinematic of a soul carrying links then the way to go is a spiritspawner and a bunch of receiverlinks, and just use cammoves etc to not show the start or the end.

If you want a big long line of them, ending in a bunch of functional spawn points in real a level, you could create a non-global spawn point master, and link that to a spawnlink (specifically this yellow line that the editor shows won't appear in game, nor will the building or any souls it emits appear in mid air), but any spawnlink that said spawnlink is connected to WILL have a yellow line and will show souls going across it. The only problem there is that, no souls will go across it if spawn points aren't manned (and hence useless for cutscenes) - you could make your map 9999 by 9999 and put spawn links going all the way out there (if you make it more 9999, any buildings outside of that will corrupt your map file) but without a long intro, souls will take quite a long time to get one end to the other.

some examples
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:49 pm

The GoldFish wrote:You all suck! But thanks for indicating another thing in Ice's guide that needs changing!

Heh. On the other hand, maybe it would be possible to edit the shapes for the links? You wouldn't really be able to use them anywhere else, but you could just get rid of all of the polygons. If you wanted to use a real spawn system somewhere (or whatever), you could place a polygonless SpawnLink and a StaticShape of the original SpawnLink in the same place. It might work.

xander
olsa
level0

Postby olsa » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:11 pm

I have been working on a rocket model, and it's finish. Just give me your email, then ill send it to you.
olsa
level0

Postby olsa » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:34 pm

Making the rocket is possible
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Hang on :o
what are you lot all on?
If you just want a link, with souls going along it then build a spiritspawner and connect it to another spiritspawner and so on, you can connect as many as you like or put the two as far apart as you like. If you want spawn points in the level then put a spawnlink in the same place as one of your spiritspawners and link it to the spawnpoint with inputs coming from an invisible spawnmaster. Simple!

As for the rocket model take the main.dat from demo, rename it to main.rar and uncompress it, then copy the model.
Alternatively wait until the weekend and I'll upload it to the modlist.
olsa
level0

Postby olsa » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:46 am

http://www.freewebs.com/yahyaha/darwinia.htm
Here's my link to my website. Youll find it there. Read it carefully.

Make sure you right-click it and save target as.

Things i can't fix:

-When you launch the rocket, its like the demo.

-When it's launched, you see these green darwinians floating. When you leave location, its still there. Make sure you restart Darwinia to fix the problem.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 am

the download link points to your c: drive.
olsa
level0

Postby olsa » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:45 am

I made a file to the rocket.

Attachments:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/nikolai/My%20Documents/My%20Downloads/Rocketmodel.zip

save the target!
dahli.llama
level1
level1

Postby dahli.llama » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:04 am

olsa wrote:I made a file to the rocket.

Attachments:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/nikolai/My%20Documents/My%20Downloads/Rocketmodel.zip

save the target!

That doesn't work.

You need to upload the file to a host somewhere for it wo work.

If you'd like you can email the file to me at dahli.llama (at) gmail DOT com and I will gladly host the file.
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:06 pm

olsa wrote:I made a file to the rocket.

Attachments:

save the target!

Look at that address. If I click on it, where if my comptuer going to look? Its going to look in c:/documents and settings/nikolai/ .. and its goint to run into trouble right there, beause there is no /nikolai/ folder in my documents and settings. And even if there were, I still wouldn't have the file in there, would I? Its on your machine. Naturally, the link does work when tried on your machine, as the file does actually exist in that location.

You need to put that file somewhere my computer can find it. If this location is to be on your hard drive, you'll need some server software (apache, for instance) and you'll still need to give us an address we can follow. The IP of your machine plus a path to the file.

More likely, you'll want to upload it to someone elses server for download. The server which hosts your site should do.
olsa
level0

Postby olsa » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:19 am

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=09010 ... tmodel.zip

ok here is an upload

make a mirror for it

Return to “Mod Projects”