MOD/Screensaver Idea

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Yes

Learn to make maps that don't look like boobies! :P (edit, or constructs of flatten areas/unchanged gridguides)

Also, did you know you can put team 2 officer instant units in, then edit the mission file and set their state to 1, and the waypoint coords in the same file witll be the 'go to' point?

I'd also put a script trigger in the MAP file (so non dynamic), that does an auto camera pan type thing, and then sends the player to another location. Then the script trigger there activates, rinse repeat.

That said, you'd probably want to use a none profile anyway so the missions reset so that doesn't matter

Then you'd put an AlwaysTrue event in game.txt so it went to an area on startup (you couldn't do random, sorry!)

Then you made your screensaver link to a copy of darwinia which had the prefs file set to load it on startup

And then you're away O_O
Tay g0
level0

Postby Tay g0 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 pm

seems like a pretty good idea! :D
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:17 pm

The mod is good but the level need improving. In battle3 the soul destroyer will grow in numbers you'll need a pop lock. Battle 5 looks cool. The darwinia might fall of the edges.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:32 pm

jaysc wrote:The mod is good but the level need improving. In battle3 the soul destroyer will grow in numbers you'll need a pop lock. Battle 5 looks cool. The darwinia might fall of the edges.

No because the battling Sds keep each other levels equal.

I like the last two battles the most. Which are all about the strategy and not the map.
sPank4
level1
level1

Postby sPank4 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:14 pm

hey thanks heaps martin, im going to check it out now and ill let you know tommorow.

hopefully it is recieved well by others. I really think it has alot of potential. im sure its possible to add paramaters that arnt built into the game....goldfish, u gotta expand ur mind. we should be thinking about ways to add in the features that arn't in the game. add some more code..... :wink:

easier said than done i know...hehehe, sorry. tired. mind numb. must take trunk port to bed area....load program bed.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:15 pm

sPank4 wrote:easier said than done i know...hehehe, sorry. tired. mind numb. must take trunk port to bed area....load program bed.

Run Program: High Caffeine Drink
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:18 pm

Program activated.

Sleep running.
sPank4
level1
level1

Postby sPank4 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:34 pm

oh and while ive got ur attention, check out this link:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... php?t=2827

paticularly if you have an AMD X2 processor (i think it might be related)...

....im desperate, i cant describe how much i love this game and im dying to finish it so i can play it again....and again, and again. repeat, etc.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:30 am

sPank4 wrote:goldfish, u gotta expand ur mind. we should be thinking about ways to add in the features that aren't in the game. add some more code..... :wink:
Umm... what?

OK I mean, if you want to decompile the game, and start adding lines of assembly in and modifying addresses, be my guest. What I don't understand is why you made the comment in the first place, care to explain?

I just gave an overview of how to do something like what was asked for, without any decompiling... what extra parameters do you need?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
sPank4
level1
level1

Postby sPank4 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:17 am

The GoldFish wrote:
sPank4 wrote:goldfish, u gotta expand ur mind. we should be thinking about ways to add in the features that aren't in the game. add some more code..... :wink:
Umm... what?

OK I mean, if you want to decompile the game, and start adding lines of assembly in and modifying addresses, be my guest. What I don't understand is why you made the comment in the first place, care to explain?

I just gave an overview of how to do something like what was asked for, without any decompiling... what extra parameters do you need?

yeah sorry about that. you can pretty much ignore me at certain times of the day.

nothing to see here, move along.
Lieutenant Slappy Moose
level1
level1

Postby Lieutenant Slappy Moose » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:37 am

Nevermind, sorry.
Last edited by Lieutenant Slappy Moose on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DONT EAT MY FACE!
nihilesthetics2
level2
level2

Postby nihilesthetics2 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:33 am

Talking about new features, Darwinias 2nd birthday is coming up soon. What better birthday present to give the little tyke than a brand spanking new, shiny, cool Dev CD ?

Come on IV, do you love your progeny enough to make him happy ?

The irony, of course, is that after 2 years of my asking for a Dev CD again and again, Im probably too busy now to ever do anything with it. But dont let that stop you.

N2

Edit:

"Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under.

You will release a Dev Cd for Darwinia.

Youre back in the room."
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:15 pm

I'm in the process of making autobattle 1.5. you start it via bat (and basically has all the features described by TGF earlier.

autobattle 2.0 will be launched by exe and will provide randomization (change the order before launch. This does repeat, however) for example, it would go from 3 to 5 to 4 to 1 to 2 to 3 to 5... on one run and go from 2 to 1 to 4 to 3 to 5 to 2 on the second.

does anyone know how to exit the game from script? what I'm doing right now is crashing the game to exit (hey, its the fastest way that I know of...)

elyea

forgive me for bumping this topic. its only been 7 days...
nihilesthetics2
level2
level2

Postby nihilesthetics2 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:32 pm

The PurityControl script comand used to kick you out of the game and open a browser window. At least I think it did - its been a while since I looked at Darwinia in any detail. Id have to take my hat off to anybody who found a practical use for this seemingly utterly useless command. However, what you really want to do is petition IV to release a Dev Cd so you can write your own function to do it. Send them as many emails as you can as fast as you cant, and dont stop for any reason. I read in a recent post about IV jumping into bed with the devil - thats the big secret behind the latest patch release. That means the release of the source code is looking increasingly less likely so you might need to get creative to get your point across. What about turning up at their place of residence dressed up as a Darwinian or someting - they seem to love that kind of publicity.

N2
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:24 pm

nihilesthetics2 wrote:The PurityControl script comand used to kick you out of the game and open a browser window. At least I think it did - its been a while since I looked at Darwinia in any detail. Id have to take my hat off to anybody who found a practical use for this seemingly utterly useless command. However, what you really want to do is petition IV to release a Dev Cd so you can write your own function to do it. Send them as many emails as you can as fast as you cant, and dont stop for any reason. I read in a recent post about IV jumping into bed with the devil - thats the big secret behind the latest patch release. That means the release of the source code is looking increasingly less likely so you might need to get creative to get your point across. What about turning up at their place of residence dressed up as a Darwinian or someting - they seem to love that kind of publicity.

N2

but until then itll just crash

elyea

Return to “Mod Projects”