Insurrection 1.1.7

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

briceman2
level2
level2

Insurrection Save Game Snapshots

Postby briceman2 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi Culex, got your PM, but you didn't send me your email... so to avoid painful PM tag... and to let me embarrass you :) ...

Here is a link to Insurrection.tgz which contains all my save games. The top level set of game files is the last one I played. You can figure out the stages either by loading them up or by looking at the mission files listed and punting.

These were played under Insurrection 1.1.7 so you should upgrade to that unless you want xander to ignore your pleas for help in the future :)

Enjoy. Insurrection is a great mod.

P.S. the .tgz is huge (2MB) because the damn redshirt2 pseudo-encryption is messing with gzip's mind... pure text files should compress way smaller than this.
Man_Over_Game
level0

Postby Man_Over_Game » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 am

I am having an issue with the second mission, Database; the terminal near Discovery will not activate when Darwinians move towards it. I tried resetting the level, and now none of the terminals will activate. I know I didn't activate the terminal yet, because the objective is still incomplete. Any suggestions?
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Hmm. The download link seems to be broken.

Could anyone reupload it?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm

I did some work on my website recently (when I changed hosts). There are still quite a few dead links. However, the files are still there, just in a different place:

http://yozh.org/files/Insurrection1.1.7.zip
http://yozh.org/files/Insurrection1.1.7.tar.gz

I have updated the index at http://yozh.org to fix the problem. I will get to the first post in this topic in a moment.

xander
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 pm

Ahh, thanks xander.
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Ookay, I'm totally stumped.

How do you kill the Soul Destroyers on Annihilation?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm

I am not going to tell you right out, but think about all of the abilities that any of the units that you can get near the SDs have. You are not supposed to be able to get squads within range, and you have no direct control over DGs, so what is left? Is there any ability that the remaining unit might have that could be useful? Perhaps one that is not used in the default scenario very much (if at all)?

xander
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I just seem to have problem problem problem with this mod >.>

Nice way of killing them, by the way. I had no idea that could even happen. Never used that before in my life.

But nooow...Secondary_Core crashes the whole game every time i run it. It works fine the first time, when you first turn it on, but if you turn the game off and then turn it back on the whole game crashes if you attempt to enter Secondary_Core.

I am running on 1.1.7 on XP, and am doing Sepulveda's side, if that helps with anything.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:44 am

What version of Darwinia are you running? I seem to remember there being an issue with the AI unit that affected certain versions of Darwinia under certain OSes. I think that the most recent version of Insurrection is meant to be played with the DX 9 patch under Win XP or Vista, or 1.4x under Mac OS X.

xander
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Uhm...I'm not sure what version I'm running on. I should be running on the latest version for XP, because I have Darwinia over Steam.
tov01
level0

Postby tov01 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 am

Sorry if someone already asked this, but when I play some of the levels, the terrain is completely transparent. So far, it seems to effect the early one with the spawn, and the one that gives you the air bomb. I have the latest patch, so it is not that. What is going on?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 am

Assuming you're still around, I can answer simply: I have no idea.
What's your OS?
What're your basic settings?
If running on Windows, have you messed with compatibility modes?
Does this problem occur in the default campaign?
Have you tried additional settings?
Does simply restarting the game fix it?
Is the issue consistent with certain levels? Meaning, does it always occur with some and never with others?
Does copypasting Darwinia with the mod to another location fix it? Vista's permissions (or perhaps 7's) might keep DW from referencing external texture files...

Shwart!!
tov01
level0

Postby tov01 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 am

I use a Windows XP. This does not happen at all in the campaign, although it does affect part of a multiwinia map. Restarting does not work, and it always effects the same level. I'll start fiddling with the settings and see if that does anything.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Gahlik wrote:But nooow...Secondary_Core crashes the whole game every time i run it. It works fine the first time, when you first turn it on, but if you turn the game off and then turn it back on the whole game crashes if you attempt to enter Secondary_Core.

I read this just now because I randomly look at the forums every few months, and remembered what causes this; non team 2 officers. Because of a change that was made at some point after 1.3, officers that aren't on team 2 get their states dumped back to -1 when the mission is saved, so it loads just fine the first time but when people try to resume, they get a mission with -1 state officers in, which can now crash the game on mission load, I think (might just be 1.5.x).

Not much the player can do about it bar deleting their mission_secondary_core save file. Basically this is a poke at xander so he knows what causes this particular bug, cause it's been kicknig around quite a while, and I feel like an idiot for not picking up on it earlier.
tov01
level0

Postby tov01 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:50 pm

All right, it seemed that setting the graphics to medium solved the problem. Though, I had to do i through the preference file, as the change refused to stick in game. In any case, it was a great mod, and well worth everything I had to go through to play it. Nice work!

Return to “Mod Projects”