Insurrection 1.1.7

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xander
level5
level5

Insurrection 1.1.7

Postby xander » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:39 am

Nearly a year has passed since the Great Viral War. In that time, prophets have risen, the People have been split, and war has engulfed Darwinia. In these dark days, there is hope. A small group of Darwinians have broken the sacred taboos, and contacted an outsider. Their goal: to free Darwinia from the iron grip of the Church of Sepulveda.

Just a note -- please be sure to read the READMEs before you start playing. They should help to explain what is going on, and how to fix a couple of common errors.

Download: http://yozh.org/insurrection/

xander
Last edited by xander on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 am, edited 33 times in total.
thefrogger
level2
level2

Postby thefrogger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:34 am

I am having trouble getting this mod to work. I loaded the mod, quit and restarted Darwinia, and attempted to create a new profile. The game crashes with an exception at this point.

I rebooted my machine to make sure everything was clean.

When I restarted Darwinia, it was again playing the intro text for Insurrection. I watched a little bit more of it, and then tried to use "Leave Location" so that I could make another attempt at creating a new profile. It crashed again before getting out to the world view and main menu.

The next time I restarted Darwinia, I was already in the world view so I went to the Profiles menu. I noticed that it was already in the new profile I had tried to create in step one above (apparently, creation of the profile was successful before the crash occurred), but I tried to create another one anyway. It crashed this time as well.

Where I'm at now, is that I can go into the various levels in Insurrection, but have no programs to run and cannot figure out anything that I can do. There's DGs in Rebellion, but without an officer program I am at a loss for what I can do with them. I couldn't find anything functional in any of the other levels either, although I didn't try all of them. (Rebellion is the only one blinking, and it seems like this is where I should be starting).

If you have any suggestions, please post them.

Thanks xander for writing this mod, which looks like it could be quite extensive. Level design seems very nice, and I'd love to be able to play it!
thefrogger
level2
level2

Postby thefrogger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:52 am

I tried deleting all the files inside the profile and running it again. This time, after the intro text was complete I did have access to the officer program, so I'll be able to proceed and see what else is there.

Yikes, it starts with the suicidal Darwinians 4.0 with no way to unlearn that research! Fortunately I was able to still make it to the building and they only blew up half of themselves.

Note that this profile also crashes when trying to Leave Location, so if you have any ideas about that, let me know.

This is on WinXP SP2, Darwina v1.3.
thefrogger
level2
level2

Postby thefrogger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:05 am

Two out of two times now, the game crashes with an exception as soon as the engineer reprograms the first radar dish building. I hear the "complete" noise, and it throws the exception at the same time.
redcords
level1
level1

Postby redcords » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:45 am

crashes here too, i followed readme.pdf and it started fine. tried to leave location so i could create a profile and it crashed. ran again and it started up in the world view, tried to create a profile and it crashed. this is on xp.

also i couldn't dl from stellarmatter, error 0x01 on ie and firefox.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:35 pm

Followed instructions, game started fine. saw intro, read it all. started first level and lost most of my green guys. Clicked "leave location" and crash to desktop. A game.exe crash. No blackbox.

Seems like a tasty mod, so i hope you can sort it out.

And i added it to my ModList thread :)

also got the error on StellarMatter on the download. 0x01.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Hi

Same problem.

From experience it's probably a spelling mistake in one of your game.txt events or something, due to the way it's crashing as soon as get game.txt gets saved.

I haven't spotted anything wrong in game.txt yet, I think anyway, but I did notice you typod annihlation once in there, so I figure you'll need to fix that

Gotcha, it was right next to it >_<;

Event BuilingOnline:anhilation,1 BuildingOnline:anihilation,51

Typo times 2! if people change that to BuildingOnline:Anihilation,1 etc, it may work...

Event BuldingOnline:backdoor,6

too

Event BuildingOnlline:primary_core,47 BuildingOnlline:primary_core,48 BuildingOnlline:primary_core,49 BuildingOnlline:primary_core,50 BuildingOnlline:primary_core,51

Onlline!, hehe

The event:
Event BuildingOnline:recruitment,2 BuildingOnline:recruitment,20
has no end, so add an 'End' after the action

WOO, FIXAMUDNO O_O. Anyway, I'm awesome. There may be further typos in the location names for all I know, but nothing that'll make it CRASH TO DEATH.

edit - ahahaha, "FIXAMUDNO" seems strangly apt... :P

Edit2! UNOFFICIAL XANDER SUCKS PATCH O_O - get it before the cops turn up - just extract this file to your insurrection folder, should fix this problem, though more may appear later! Just remember, Xander Sucks, v1.0!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:25 pm

Okay, I have made the spelling corrections -- that was sloppy of me, I apologize. I also forgot to make all of the locations unavailable from the start -- that, too, should be fixed.

game.txt
game_unlockall.txt

^^ Those should work better.

xander
Last edited by xander on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:44 pm

lol

You didn't test that at all, did you!

Mistaaaake! :P

You missed the half of the double typo one, and have Event BuilingOnline:anihilation
thefrogger
level2
level2

Postby thefrogger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:42 pm

The game_unlockall.txt link is malformed in your post, and not downloadable.

And as Goldfish mentions, the game.txt update does not fix the crash. Goldfish's version seems to work though.

One more problem, is that if you skip through all the intro text, the camera winds up in the zoomed out far away state, which takes a bit of fumbling to find where the island is.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:49 pm

how confusing.

Xanders fix files still include 1 typo which you've fixed in the rar you made ?

If so, you should both supply the correct files. BOTH OF THEM.

Currently we must manually add the edits, or grab the xandersucks.rar AND the game_unlockall.txt from Xanders post.

A bit messy you two.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:15 pm

The GoldFish wrote:lol

You didn't test that at all, did you!

Mistaaaake! :P

You missed the half of the double typo one, and have Event BuilingOnline:anihilation

No, it just doesn't seem to cause any crashes on the Mac version. Odd, that.

Also, could you maybe give me line numbers, or something, because I cannot find what you are talking about.

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:40 pm

xander; Are you testing with the AAA or none profile? Cause with those it won't crash.

hitm4n; AAA doesn't save game.txt progress, hence using it won't make it crash even if it has typos, just those events won't work, most of which would probably fire on startup. Since you shouldn't be testing his mod works with AAA anyway, I don't see any reason to supply a version - it isn't even my job to do that anyway :P
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:48 pm

The GoldFish wrote:xander; Are you testing with the AAA or none profile? Cause with those it won't crash.

hitm4n; AAA doesn't save game.txt progress, hence using it won't make it crash even if it has typos, just those events won't work, most of which would probably fire on startup. Since you shouldn't be testing his mod works with AAA anyway, I don't see any reason to supply a version - it isn't even my job to do that anyway :P

No, I am testing with a normal profile. As I said, I have it working on the Mac without issue, so if you could point me to the lines that are incorrect, I would appreciate it.

xander
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:01 pm

I played the mod all the way to sanctuary. I finished it and it told me to go back to backup. The mission hadn't been changed yet.

Return to “Mod Projects”