Insurrection 1.1.7

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

groovin
level0

Postby groovin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Available tasks do not alingn properly with the Task Manager. At the beginning of the scenario, the one available task (Leader) appears outside the box. When Engineer is acquired, that appears in the box, with a blank space above it (the space where Engineer should appear) and Leader remains outside the box, below Engineer.

Although I have surely activated all three Database terminals, that objective does not trigger complete: I cannot finish that scene.

I am using the TARred upload provided just a few message previous.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm

groovin wrote:Available tasks do not alingn properly with the Task Manager. At the beginning of the scenario, the one available task (Leader) appears outside the box. When Engineer is acquired, that appears in the box, with a blank space above it (the space where Engineer should appear) and Leader remains outside the box, below Engineer.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean by "Leader," and I don't understand the error that you are describing. Perhaps you should post a screenshot?

groovin wrote:Although I have surely activated all three Database terminals, that objective does not trigger complete: I cannot finish that scene.

The objective will be shown as complete after you are granted the Laser research item, which is done by a script after you bring DGs to each of the terminals. If you quit the game after you go to the last terminal, but before the script gave you the research, you might have a problem. Otherwise, I don't know what would cause this. Can you explain exactly what happened? If nothing else, if you could zip up (or tar up, or whatever) your profile, and send that my way, I might be able to figure out what is going on.

xander
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm

groovin wrote:Available tasks do not alingn properly with the Task Manager. At the beginning of the scenario, the one available task (Leader) appears outside the box. When Engineer is acquired, that appears in the box, with a blank space above it (the space where Engineer should appear) and Leader remains outside the box, below Engineer.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean by "Leader," and I don't understand the error that you are describing. Perhaps you should post a screenshot?

groovin wrote:Although I have surely activated all three Database terminals, that objective does not trigger complete: I cannot finish that scene.

The objective will be shown as complete after you are granted the Laser research item, which is done by a script after you bring DGs to each of the terminals. If you quit the game after you go to the last terminal, but before the script gave you the research, you might have a problem. Otherwise, I don't know what would cause this. Can you explain exactly what happened? If nothing else, if you could zip up (or tar up, or whatever) your profile, and send that my way, I might be able to figure out what is going on.

xander
patto
level1
level1

Postby patto » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:37 pm

i had the same problem but it eventually went away after a few levels
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm

patto wrote:i had the same problem but it eventually went away after a few levels

Which problem? If the first, can you tell me what the hell is going on? Maybe provide a screenshot? It is all well and good that you had the same problem and that it went away, but I would like to fix it, if at all possible.

xander
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:58 am

What a fantastic mod campaign !
By far the best I played for Darwinia.
A lot of great ideas like unreachable zones from which enemies sprout, island isolated spawns preventing the use of squads, various gameplay, I loved it !
It was almost perfect, up par with stock game levels IMHO.
Not much to criticize. The worst part, Discovery was painfully difficult, to the point of frustration. I hate relying on luck to finish a level and almost left the game at this point.
Fantastic job nonetheless. Thank you xander !
arwin
level1
level1

Postby arwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am

Just finished Darwinia. What a game! Now I read a lot of praise about the Insurrection. Can I here ask for a bit help to complete the first level? My Darwinians are firing but they don't seem to take out any of the red Darwinians. Do I need to wait until they reach level 4? Or should one only try to run with them to the forest hoping to be lucky? I seem to get most of them killed and it doesn't help much with the engineer collecting them only to get them killed again...

It was a bit frustrating that the first level was so hard to get by.
arwin
level1
level1

Postby arwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 am

xander wrote:I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean by "Leader," and I don't understand the error that you are describing. Perhaps you should post a screenshot?

I think he meant officer. And that by aligned he meant this: Image
I don't care about this little display error though...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 pm

arwin wrote:Just finished Darwinia. What a game! Now I read a lot of praise about the Insurrection. Can I here ask for a bit help to complete the first level? My Darwinians are firing but they don't seem to take out any of the red Darwinians. Do I need to wait until they reach level 4? Or should one only try to run with them to the forest hoping to be lucky? I seem to get most of them killed and it doesn't help much with the engineer collecting them only to get them killed again...

It was a bit frustrating that the first level was so hard to get by.

I would suggest that when you play Insurrection, you get out of the mentality of "kill everything." There are some levels where that just won't be possible. Actually, in general, there is are habits that you probably developed playing Darwinia that just won't work. The direct approach is not always the correct approach. Look at the objectives screen. You have a list of objectives that you need to complete. Worry about those.

arwin wrote:
xander wrote:I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean by "Leader," and I don't understand the error that you are describing. Perhaps you should post a screenshot?

I think he meant officer. And that by aligned he meant this: Image
I don't care about this little display error though...

Ah ha. I see. That is a Darwinia bug, not an Insurrection bug. I can't do anything about that. It appears to occur when you don't have a lot of items researched (i.e. you can't create a lot of units). I'd never seen it because I use the gesture system, not the icon system. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it. :(

xander
arwin
level1
level1

Postby arwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks, that got me to level 2 :)
arwin
level1
level1

Postby arwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 pm

Strange. I went to level 2 and looked a bit at it, but had to leave the game. When I return I have to start at level 1 again :( I even get the intro messages again.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:00 pm

arwin wrote:Strange. I went to level 2 and looked a bit at it, but had to leave the game. When I return I have to start at level 1 again :( I even get the intro messages again.

Make sure you have a profile loaded (one that has not been used with any other mod, or the main campaign), and that you have write permission to the directory where your user profiles are stored (should be in the Darwinia directory if you are using XP; ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/users/ for Mac; and, um... somewhere else under Linux (~/.darwinia/, maybe?)).

xander
arwin
level1
level1

Postby arwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Seems to be a profile issue. When I choose the right profile I get up database, but cannot enter it. Will look into it some more. Maybe I by mistake used the same profile when testing other mods...

Thanks
Bobman42
level0

Postby Bobman42 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 pm

I saw this mentioned as a bug waaay back on the first page of this thread, but I have a reproduceable crash whenever I try to capture the first radar tower on rebellion. The light slowly changes from red to yellow, and right as it finishes up, game crashes. Tried it with several different download sources, exact same crash each time.

I'm running this in steam on vista, Darwinia 1.5.10 and Insurrection 1.1.7

Ideas?

PS: Also, might be worth it to toss another line in the "Where to put the Mod Folder" in the readme. As a steam user on Vista, I spent a few hours digging around to see why my mods weren't recognized before I dropped it in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Darwinia\Mods.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Bobman42 wrote:I saw this mentioned as a bug waaay back on the first page of this thread, but I have a reproduceable crash whenever I try to capture the first radar tower on rebellion. The light slowly changes from red to yellow, and right as it finishes up, game crashes. Tried it with several different download sources, exact same crash each time.

I'm running this in steam on vista, Darwinia 1.5.10 and Insurrection 1.1.7

Ideas?

As I use a Mac, I have been completely unable to test Insurrection with Darwinia 1.5.10. If possible, you might try downgrading Darwinia, and seeing if the crash still occurs. In any case, if a blackbox file was generated, please post that.

Bobman42 wrote:PS: Also, might be worth it to toss another line in the "Where to put the Mod Folder" in the readme. As a steam user on Vista, I spent a few hours digging around to see why my mods weren't recognized before I dropped it in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Darwinia\Mods.

I should probably do that at some point. However, I haven't actually put out an update in ages, so, even if I change the one line, it probably won't see the light of day for a few more ages.

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”