Insurrection 1.1.7

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

airdy
level0

Postby airdy » Tue May 01, 2007 1:09 pm

Hey, just finished Insurrection and it was friggin awsm!

Better than the original game in my opinion, definitely more challenging and interesting. I especially like how you don't get the squad for a while and you have to use the Dawinians in combat, and it's actually possible to LOSE :P

I registered specifically to post here, fantastic mod.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Thank you.

xander
hellohackers
level0

Postby hellohackers » Sat May 05, 2007 6:57 pm

hey this sounds like a great mod, but its not working for me.

i downloaded the .zip from page one of this thread. i unzipped it. i put it in the appropiate mod folder. i read the .pdf and editted the pref.txt file accordingly.
however the pdf is the only (visable) item in the insurresction folder. i startedup darwinia and it went through the stock opening sequence. when that was finished the only level availible was garden, suggesting to me that the mod had not laoded, although when i got into the menus, it was indeed loaded.

i assume i am missing a lot of files? is there alternitive DL link?

thanks

hellohackers
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat May 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Where did you download it from? Your best bet is http://yozh.org/darwinia/Insurrection1.1.7.zip . It sounds like you got a corrupt download, so I would try again, and see if that works.

xander
brice
level2
level2

Postby brice » Sat May 05, 2007 8:19 pm

If you are on linux, your zip handler may be old. I've had a similar problem with many of the zipped mods. I usually use a console file browser called midnight commander -- a clone of the venerable norton commander from DOS days. The version I have can dive into rar files no prob, but some newer zip files it can't see into. They look empty, or only show some of their contents.

So sometimes I have to open up zips using the desktop GUI file browser. It always finds the full contents. The zips aren't corrupt. Even if you're not on linux, you might try a different zip browser?
hellohackers
level0

Postby hellohackers » Sun May 06, 2007 4:35 am

hey thanks guys i got it figured out

im on mac btw... i looked at what os x was using to unzip with and it was some random peice of crap. i dont even know how its on my computer. after using reliable stuff it expander all was well.

i look foward to playing this mod!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun May 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Yeah, the Mac OS X archive helper is a bit crap. If you feel like using the command line, you can unzip it easily like so:

Code: Select all

$ unzip Insurrection1.1.7

That will unzip it to the current working directory. Stuffit also works well.

xander
unmighty
level0

Oh, the problems I find.

Postby unmighty » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:43 am

Because I am the master of strange issues...

First off, I wanted to congratulate xander on a great mod. Quite fun and challenging.

Here's the problem I'm having:

I finished Discovery (finally), then went back into Recruitment to make my life easier with some squaddie backup. Everything was fine until the game quit with a "registration check error" (which I've never found a good explanation for). When I restarted Darwinia and went back into Recruitment, I no longer had the Squad available in the Task Manager. I left Recruitment and checked in Discovery, and my squad was still sitting on the summit next to the terminal, and the rest of the level as I had left it.

So, somewhere something is screwed up after the game quit on me. Discovery seems complete, but I can't make any squads of my own anymore.

Any ideas how to fix this? I can't reset Discovery, obviously, since the level itself is finished.

I know, I know...I bring great fun wherever I go. :)

BTW, as I side note, I couldn't get the Insurrection mod to unzip properly on a Mac, using either Stuffit Expander or Terminal. SE told me the zip file was corrupt, and only partly extracted the files. Terminal gave me no such warning, but still wouldn't unzip everything. I had to unzip in Windows--there, I got the warning that there was a problem with the zip file (there was garbage at the end, or something like that), but it at least worked, and after copying everything back to the Mac, I could play the mod fine.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 am

It's possible that the error stems from corruption of the level files as a result of the corrupted zip - it's probably worth re-downloading Insurrecton to ensure this isn't the case. Even if this isn't the source of the trouble, it may well cause future issues.
Regarding the 'registration check error', this is unique to the Mac version and so it'd probably be more fruitful asking about it on the Ambrosia Software boards.

If the error isn't related to a file corruption, then it's almost certainly got to do with the program unexpectedly terminating, and the best I can recommend without knowing further details is that you try starting over.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:44 pm

The md5 checksum for the file on my website, and for the file on my hard drive is as follows:

$ md5 Insurrection1.1.7.zip
MD5 (Insurrection1.1.7.zip) = 05ca3acf021c7927fe3231022755b1b4

If you have a complete download, Stuffit shouldn't have any problem extracting it, nor should the command line utilities. My guess is that you got a corrupted download -- redownload and see what happens.

xander
unmighty
level0

Postby unmighty » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:27 pm

xander wrote:The md5 checksum for the file on my website, and for the file on my hard drive is as follows:

$ md5 Insurrection1.1.7.zip
MD5 (Insurrection1.1.7.zip) = 05ca3acf021c7927fe3231022755b1b4

If you have a complete download, Stuffit shouldn't have any problem extracting it, nor should the command line utilities. My guess is that you got a corrupted download -- redownload and see what happens.

xander

I get the same checksum for the downloaded file (I downloaded it again just now). I get all of the files extracted (that I checked) via the command line. Stuffit Expander (11.0.2) gives this error still: "An error occurred attempting to expand 'Insurrection1.1.7.zip'. The archive may contain damaged content. Error #17538"

I think, as KingAl suggests, the problem is due to the program terminating unexpectedly. I had this problem when playing the main campaign, and it would always regress my game state to some point before where I actually was at the time. Usually, I just had to re-play for a few minutes and all was well. In this case, I think it screwed up to the timing of everything somehow. I can't make sense of the scripts to see if there's a way to re-set the fact that I've been granted the squad. Replacing the Insurrection folder with the one I just re-downloaded didn't fix anything.
(We can move this to the Ambrosia SW forum if you think it more appropriate, since it may be due to a Mac-specific error.)
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:45 am

Great mod, I kinda like the high difficulty! :twisted:

The terrain on the level that earns you squads could use some work. It was a pain to get my squad up that last mountain. Kudos on having the squad start further along when you reset, I never would have beaten that level otherwise.

I love how you have to think for a minute to solve certain problems.
infowars.com
NeoNMD
level1
level1

Postby NeoNMD » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Forgive me for sounding retarded but it wont load.
I put it in Darwinia/mod/insurection and changed the prefs log but when I load the game it comes up with the garden again.
When I press esc it says the mod is loaded but when I go to the all access user it doesn't show any new maps.

Ideas?

~NeoNMD
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:17 am

1) Check your spelling. In the post above, you spelled "insurrection" incorrectly. It is possible that you did the same with the prefs file.
2) Check your user profile. You should be using a user profile that you have not used for the main game, or for any other mod.
3) If all else fails, start Darwinia, load Insurrection from the mod loader, restart Darwinia, and create a new user profile.

xander
NeoNMD
level1
level1

Postby NeoNMD » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:37 am

I coppied and pasted all the preffs and insurrection items so that shouldn't be a problem.
What is the mod loader? I haven't played around with the editor yet and it took me a while to work out what your instalation pdf was on about when it said put it in the mod directory.

When I put it in preffs, do I leave it as [NewUser] or do I put a new one in there?

Edit: I just noticed something, I made a new mod and paved it and went back to mods in the menu and it had the option to 'load "Neomod" mod' . It did not have that option for insurection.

Edit2: Fixed it, I placed it in Darwinia/mod/insurrection and it is suposed to be in Darwinia/modS/Insurrection
Sorry for wasting your time.

Edit3: Goddamit I'm useless (or masichistic, whichever way you want to go)
On the 1st level I can see a load of green dudes and a few red dudes and the system looks the same as the demo2 meaning I have no task manager. How are you supposed to control your guys without the task manager if I'm not allowed to press Alt anymore?

Edit4: Well this is getting annoying. It seems that in loading your mod it has disabled the task manager for all levels on insurection and in the actual game. I can no longer play it until I get some solution. All I can see of it is the black circles in the top left which isnt normaly there but is in demo2.
I'll fiddle about with it and edit this post another 20 times.

Edit5: Fixed that problem, I coppied and pasted the install text into preffs but when I did I coppied over the "control_mode=1" line which is the only line in the bottom paragraph your block doesn't replace.
I do however have a new problem, all text is "Phrase not found 'Rebelion_in_1'", "Phrase not found 'Rebelion_in_2'" etc...

Edit6: Found the problem, in scripts it had like 5 or 6 things per level and all levels have [level name]_in.txt files, Rebelion is the only level that hasnt. Unfortunately I cannot simply guess what you were trying to say so I cannot fix this problem.

*looks up*
Goddam I fixed alot of issues. I should be a modder *cough*

Edit5b: Also the objectives say "Phrase not found 'Rebelion_obj_a'", "Phrase not found 'Rebelion_obj_b'", "Phrase not found 'Rebelion_obj_c'" Those files ARE there so I don't know what the hell its doing.

Edit6:
I found your stuff in the Strings.default.txt file
DARWINIA

# ================================================
# Rebellion Strings
# ================================================

rebellion_in_1 <Greenbrae> What the...? This is quite odd...
rebellion_in_2 <Greenbrae> It would appear that Dr. Sepulveda is aware of our presence, and is trying to shut down Darwinia's links to the outside world. However, a group of Darwinians is maintaining a narrowband connection from an old, unused portion of one of Darwinia's servers.
rebellion_in_3 <Greenbrae> This is not enough to copy the necessary data, but it will give us a way in.
Etc...

How do I link this to the folder your mod is supposed to?

Return to “Mod Projects”