The Big Mod (campaign 2) - parts 1,2 & 3 available

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Im just going to ignore the spam and attempt to save the thread:
WHY ISN'T PART 4 OUT YET? and are you still actually working on it?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:26 pm

part four isn't out yet because I had to stop making it when the holiday ended and college started, I will make part four one day - honestly...

it's actually over half made, it's just that someone (no names mentioned) said he'd make a couple of levels for me, and then never did - which kind of delayed the project enough so I could not do it in the holidays :(

edit:: and ofc I need someone to script it because I've forgotten everything I once knew about darwinia scripting
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:20 pm

I was considering seeing if I could script FTP, I have a lot more programming experience now so maybe it'll be easier ;)

anyway, would anyone actually be interested in me making FTP? because I'm not gonna make it if no one is interested, but just one yes and I might ;)

edit:: I also just realised, with a small tweak of the story, multiwinia would fit perfectly onto the end of the last big mod part ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 pm

martin wrote:I was considering seeing if I could script FTP, I have a lot more programming experience now so maybe it'll be easier ;)

anyway, would anyone actually be interested in me making FTP? because I'm not gonna make it if no one is interested, but just one yes and I might ;)

edit:: I also just realised, with a small tweak of the story, multiwinia would fit perfectly onto the end of the last big mod part ;)

*raises hand* I would be.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Testrie wrote:
martin wrote:I was considering seeing if I could script FTP, I have a lot more programming experience now so maybe it'll be easier ;)

yes thank you eyra, very useful ¬¬

Anyway, that's a vote I suppose :/

Damn, now I have to think about doing some work on it.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:40 pm

martin wrote:
Testrie wrote:

yes thank you eyra, very useful ¬¬

Anyway, that's a vote I suppose :/

Damn, now I have to think about doing some work on it.

Don't bother if you dont feel like it. I would very much rather see your other game if no one else votes.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 pm

actually it's funny you should mention my game, me and tom were talking today about designs for a strategy game which would actually be suprisingly simple to build :)
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 pm

martin wrote:actually it's funny you should mention my game, me and tom were talking today about designs for a strategy game which would actually be suprisingly simple to build :)

Can I help!?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:24 pm

It's doubtful that he would want help, but if he does, I'm volunteering as well.

And consider this to be a second vote for some real work on FTP.

Shwart!!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:23 pm

dammit 2 votes, now I'll have to install darwinia on my laptop, replay the entire bigmod and work out where the *hell* I was heading :/

also, I might want some help with the game, but it's unlikely to be coding help. We have coding time, aplently in college frees etc, but what we don't have is visual artists, audio artists (what's the real name for people who make sound in game? I can't remember) and animators. I have a couple of friends who can do art but they'll only do it if they feel like it :/
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:10 am

Well, I really need to get some practical experience in such fields... My skills are not great, but what ability I have I offer here.

Shwart!!
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 am

Shwart!! wrote:Well, I really need to get some practical experience in such fields... My skills are not great, but what ability I have I offer here.

Shwart!!

Seconded, but replace him with me.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:31 am

Thanks. I love being replaced...

Why not use the skills of both of us?

Shwart!!
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:54 am

Shwart!! wrote:Thanks. I love being replaced...

Why not use the skills of both of us?

Shwart!!

I actually meant "I'm too lazy to copy that, so just imagine that I wrote it" (just meaning that I wasn't volunteering you for this :D)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm

guys (umm, and girls), I would love any help with arty stuff in the game, and if I find a specific job then I'll let you know :)

Return to “Mod Projects”