Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:56 pm

martin wrote:
Testrie wrote::arrow: Profile number: 63737
(wow... never noticed how INSANELY difficult memorizing my number was...)
:arrow: My (big mod) blog (dont have access to martins big mod blog): link (currently non-existant because I haven't posted anything yet.)
:arrow: I wish I had access to the site (so that I could edit it)

elyea

Hmm, I think we should forget all about my bigmod blog and d maybe link to my overall blog (martindevans.googlepages.com) because I haven't posted there for ages!

than add another link to my blog. http://happyhrs.net.

elyea
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:49 am

I'll add your number to the link.

If you make changes to your index page, just send me the file and I can load it.
You could add screen shots and a bit of storyline text ... might be nice.

EDIT//Cool blog spot ... just checked out your site nice job.
I've been working heavy on my engineering company Crossover Connections...
seems I've let go with my art site. I need to get busy and finish it.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:13 am

Lowell wrote:I'll add your number to the link.

If you make changes to your index page, just send me the file and I can load it.
You could add screen shots and a bit of storyline text ... might be nice.

EDIT//Cool blog spot ... just checked out your site nice job.
I've been working heavy on my engineering company Crossover Connections...
seems I've let go with my art site. I need to get busy and finish it.

still waiting...

elyea
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 am

Testrie wrote:still waiting...

elyea

...done... added your number.

EDIT// link to the main page... http://www.crimsonsun.cc/big_mod.html
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:08 am

fyi, I've changed all of the pictures that say "darwiniary" on them on my site. I especially like the new welcome screen.

elyea
http://happyhrs.net
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:32 pm

If you look at the first post you'll notice that TheBigModPart5:Depletion is now under construction. FTP has been sent off to sirvoks for some extra levels to be added, and for lighting stuff; then Testrie will script it all! While this is happening I'm making the levels for Depletion and working out the storyline details from my *evil voice* TBM MASTERPLAN *end voice*

Also, I'm going to make a new site for TBM since lowell seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet. This one will be part of my googlepage (martindevans.googlepages.com)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Yay for me ^^

Yes I'm your evil spammer, and I'm back.. ssh..
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 pm

So remind me, which part of the mod is it you actually *do*, martin? :P
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:02 pm

The storyline, most of the map files - sirvoks is just making v2 of the map files; because in FTP each map has 2 version (to be revealed why later).

Anyway, in other news, I've started writing a total storyline of darwinia, from TheBigMods point of view, starting at the point where DrS comes up with the idea for a new type of games console and currently ending with the point where there is the famous server crash... it will be continued all the way up to TheBigMod storyline.

http://martindevans.googlepages.com/thebigmodmain

click the storyline link on the right of the page.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Taking some leaves out of Droughtwinia's book, are we?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:04 pm

The GoldFish wrote:Taking some leaves out of Droughtwinia's book, are we?

No, because I can't actually remember any of droughtwinia - so it's a total coincidence: why do you assume everything I do is crap or copied?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Why do you assume everything I say is related to the quality of your storyline? Geeze - I meant RE having a v2 of every level - almost every level in Droughtwinia has 2 versions of every level too, although granted the changes are miniscule.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:13 pm

The GoldFish wrote:Why do you assume everything I say is related to the quality of your storyline? Geeze - I meant RE having a v2 of every level - almost every level in Droughtwinia has 2 versions of every level too, although granted the changes are miniscule.

touché - I guess I'm the one insulting myself :P

anyway, the changed levels are... should I reveal this? yes...

The mod works around a dynamic game play, if you lose a level you don't necessarily lose the campaign - you just lose the level and progress onto a different level than the one to which you'd progress if you won. So basically losing takes you down the path of V1 levels, lower and lower until you actually lose the mod, and winning takes you up and up the path of V1 levels until you win. At any time a win or loss can transfer you from one line to another.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:15 pm

I just read through your storyline... is there a particular reason that you (a) appropriated Dr. Greenbrae and (b) gave him such a stupid first name?

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 pm

xander wrote:I just read through your storyline... is there a particular reason that you (a) appropriated Dr. Greenbrae and (b) gave him such a stupid first name?

xander

And what is wrong with the name Frank?? Is the lead character can have a name as stupid as Sepulveda I think frank is really quite mild! And it was a nod to one of the best mods out there xander :)

thanks for reading it btw, keep refreshing it because I'm typing it right now!

Return to “Mod Projects”