The Big Mod (campaign 2) - parts 1,2 & 3 available

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Losgann
level0

Postby Losgann » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:05 pm

It does happen with a new profile (or no profile). However, I managed to stop the error by changing the AntHill ids in mission_.lock.txt to 103 104 and 106. It is working now.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:56 am

ah, well done. I hope you enjoy the rest of the mod.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:20 pm

martin wrote:ah, well done. I hope you enjoy the rest of the mod.

In addition to congratulating him, I assume that you have also made the changes in your base version of the mod, and have tested it extensively. Actually, I don't assume that. I mean to suggest that you probably should do that, and then publish the fact that you have done that, so that the rest of us have some assurance that it will continue to work on other boxes (say Windows boxes, or Mac boxes).

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm

this is something I plan to get around to, but there's this funny college induction day looming so time is a bit sort at the moment.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
nahor
level0

Postby nahor » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Is http://www.crimsonsun.cc/big_mod.html up-to-date?

In the first post I see that "The deserts" is complete but it's not available for download on the website.

Also, I have a crash in "Control Central" in part 1 about 20s after the start of the map. I tried replacing the file "game.txt" as it was said at one point but that didn't work (sometimes, it even crash as soon as the map starts).
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:03 pm

In part 2 the officer is level 5 for some reason.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:30 pm

The big mod home site is being rebuilt by me. However it'll take some time since I'm at college.
Ypu canget TheBigMod off the modlist though.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Martin...

If you have a few files that need updated on your page let me know or just send them to me in an e-mail. It takes a few seconds to reload your files so it's no biggie. If you need your page redesigned let me know...I can whip up something. I am in the middle of finishing six new pages for crimsonsun...which is way out of date...

EDIT// also your ship is about done. I should be sending it to you this weekend...
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm

thanks (everyone, ignore the second part of that post - it is [was] a secret :P)

I was going to get around to redesigning the site but if you wanna do it feel free (I'll send you the storyline bit if you say you want to since that's the only bit that only I can do).
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:29 pm

nahor wrote:Is http://www.crimsonsun.cc/big_mod.html up-to-date?

In the first post I see that "The deserts" is complete but it's not available for download on the website.

Also, I have a crash in "Control Central" in part 1 about 20s after the start of the map. I tried replacing the file "game.txt" as it was said at one point but that didn't work (sometimes, it even crash as soon as the map starts).

I love this game and have completed it, so then I tried out this mod, I also get the same crash as nahor reported, 20 seconds are about right, Im on windows XP pro and the game is patched to the latest version, I downloaded the file from martin's site and through the mod download page, both versions still crash, any idea whats up? because unless this error is fixed I can't progress anymore into the mod and I don't want to download part 2 or 3 until I completed the first part, if you need any more details please ask, as I really hope you can find the cause of this crash
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:11 pm

this is an ongoing problem with central control. One of the patches has broken it :(

unfortunately I have never found the source of this crash. either you can try the mod on an original and unpatched version of darwinia or I can whip you up a cheat to show you the outro movie you get when you complete central control (and then you can continue into civil war).

Thanks for playing TheBigMod by the way :D
matthewdaermery
level1
level1

Postby matthewdaermery » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:07 pm

if I play with the unpatched version of the game, can I use the same profile or must I redo it from the start?

edit

completed it, used patch 1.3 which I googled for, last level worked fine, now onto civil war, overall nice story and mod

edit

there is a problem with the officer on the CW mod, he is L5, also there are way too many reg darwinias on the first map, heavy manufacturer, without squads I think this map is impossible, as air strikes or grenades would have evened the odds,

edit
I take it back, the first level isn't impossible but pretty tricky to begin with, still a fun campaign all the same

edit

cronstruction is near impossible, taking and holding the spawn point on the cliff edge is more or less impossible as I get rushed from the top and bottom, I managed to capture the spawn point on the mountain near the gate, but it didn't take long before I was overrun again, mainly because of the continued attacks from the top and bottom, so I haven't a clue on how I am meant to capture the yard on the mountain and how to hold it when capturing the three spawn points near it is damn near difficult, let alone any other yards,, any tips please?

edit

not a bad website but seems out of date, is anyone maintaining it for you?

edit

managed to complete that level, was one heck of a hard one to do, dispated been hard it was fun and now Im on part three, overall very good work martin

edit

on the third mod, first level no problem, second level was quite time comsuming, mainily because of those soul destoryers, third level needs fixing, its impossiblly dark,
WuClan
level0

Problem with the Antill ids.

Postby WuClan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Got the ID error in part 3 Deserts. It said to change the anthill ID in map_lock.txt, but there aren't any anthills in map_lock.txt.

Oh yeah, I'm running patch 1.3 and on Windows. Tried loading up a new profile, got the same error. Close to tearing hair out.
emmett
level0

deserts

Postby emmett » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 pm

the deserts is not working! im downloading it from the mod list and that works but it give me an error message and never loads
help!
WuClan
level0

Re: deserts

Postby WuClan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 am

emmett wrote:the deserts is not working! im downloading it from the mod list and that works but it give me an error message and never loads
help!

Looks like we're in the same boat here.

Return to “Mod Projects”