Droughtwinia 1.05! (ie, ILB fix)

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:46 pm

1 other bit of oddness i've noticed.

Went to Madrid and activated Balaal, yet its not accessible on the main map. Probably becomes available later when i complete the other sections ?

Halfway thru Resonator at mo... Another very nice level design.

EDIT 1 // ok, Balaal did become available. And i have to say Balaal is a Balaalstard !! Any known reasons why it might crash after about 1hr 30 mins play ? It was half filled bright red with virii... Is there a known issue where a gazillion virii and snakes and spiders can cause crashes ?

EDIT 2 // Fantastic mod. Liked the ending :) But Balaal is still a Balaalstard !!

EDIT 3 // OK, final comment on Droughtwinia... When i finish a level i like it to be 100% clear. Balaal wasn't yet 100% complete but it seems you lock it after the end sequence is shown :( Not important, but is there any way to allow it to be returned to ?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:36 am

I locked it because I was too lazy to make a version of it with water.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:29 am

Ever heard of copy and paste? That's what I did with a level in my mod... Then I just changed the pointers to different texture files. Simple.

That, or you're really lazy ;)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:39 am

Yeah then I needed to create another entry in game.txt for it, then script the dummy mission for the original map until you finished it (or after you finished it, same difference), then fix the incubator, then go back to the scripts at the end/begining and change them so they set it up right, and then fix the trunk port since it'd be offline in one version.

And then test it.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:47 am

Aw come on, that's not that much ;)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:18 pm

it is when you've just done that 6 times :P
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:38 pm

nice mod, a slight lack of storyline but, meh.

Just one point. What is going on with the soul repositiry here:

seems like souls are coming out and going back into the repository in a loop.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:47 pm

It's uh

A Fountain.

Yes.

I knew there was a reason I made those maps overlap >_>
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:58 pm

M'kay, I have finished the mod now -- almost. I have played Balaal through three times now. The final script is not being triggered -- I destroy the Spam, and nothing happens. I have been playing with it a bit, and have not yet come up with a solution.

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:07 pm

Well, it's a game.txt script trigger so it'd only go off the first time you kill the spam, but if it never went off at all then things are funny!

I'd deredshirt your profile's game.txt and see if there's any reference to bal_complete.txt in it...

If the problem persists, load up AAA and enter and complete Balaal with that, it should work properly for sure then.
redcords
level1
level1

Postby redcords » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:12 am

in a word, wonderful.

not saying it was easy but i could've handled a higher level of difficulty (eg more spore generators, spiders) on some of the levels.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:01 am

updated to 1.05 to combat potential ILB issues in Balaal!
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:09 pm

New version added to TNG.
Miral
level0

Postby Miral » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:53 pm

I'm a little puzzled by all this talk of weird characters in the map names, in order to get spaces. You know that the name displayed in the game is entirely separate from the map filename, right? (Or at least it can be.)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:04 am

Yes, I'm aware, but that was not the case when I started *making* droughtwinia, which was, many, many, many many many many many months ago. And once I started doing that way, that was how I intended to continue doing it.

Regardless of if that was possible, the mechanism that was to make it worth doing in the first place... doesn't work, so, it doesn't matter any more anyway.

Return to “Mod Projects”