Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Droughtwinia 1.05! (ie, ILB fix)

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:37 am

Hello! I made another mod!

Droughtwinia, it's called!

RIGHT! I fixed even more tiny things and smoothed a few things over. This is now officially 1.0 of Droughtwinia (I played it through and it was awesome so I figure it works)

Now on TNG! Make Icepick feel loved and download it! And submit all your mods to him! Now!

Droughtwinia on TNG! - temporarily out of date

Droughtwinia!

Anyway!

Quick droughtwinia picture here!

Updated to 1.05 to combat potential ILB issues in Balaal!
Last edited by The GoldFish on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:07 pm

I'm so glad theres someone active in the mod scene right now :) Keeping us players going !!

**ModList Updated**

Will play this a little later and offer some feedback if you'd like it.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:37 pm

I'll download it when I get home.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:00 pm

when I loaded the mod it said 'invalid map file specified'...
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:14 pm

Mods working fine, but crashed when trying to activate the penancy port in boneyard. It woulda been the last task of that level (cleared boneyard, activated all but that port, and then got a fatal error).

Darwinia has never crashed like that before so i assume its a mod error. Probably a simple typo in the scripts somewhere.

Seems really intriguing so far and i've only seen that first part :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:43 pm

hitm4n wrote:Mods working fine, but crashed when trying to activate the penancy port in boneyard. It woulda been the last task of that level (cleared boneyard, activated all but that port, and then got a fatal error).

Darwinia has never crashed like that before so i assume its a mod error. Probably a simple typo in the scripts somewhere.

Seems really intriguing so far and i've only seen that first part :)

When it crashed, did it mention a blackbox file? Or did it give you any other kind of information? From my experience with the editor and game files, most modding errors will generate a blackbox report (there are a few that don't, however). This report gives information about what caused the crash, and can be vital to debugging. If you do have such a report, you should probably add it to your post, or PM the mod's creator.

xander
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:49 pm

Unfortunately not. I do have a blackbox.txt but it was generated from the hacked mod (invalid map specified).

Darwinia just locked up, and i got either a "fatal error" or a "general protection error" window popup. I can retry the mod and hope it goes through, maybe activate the trunk ports in a diff order. The only worrying thing about this is that Darwinia has never crashed in normal play.

I don't expect mods to be perfect on release, and hell, it might not even be the mods fault but i thought i better say something just in case it is.

edit// a little extra info now. Opened DW, entered Boneyard and 2 engineers started programming the "Pennancy" controller. Game crashed at the point the port would become available. Its just a plain old Darwinia.exe has crashed, send report yes/no jobbie. Does it every time i try too. So then i tried grabbing one of the engineers and sending him away so only 1 engineer was working on the controller, and still crashes.

Has anyone played this mod and completed stage 1 yet ?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:25 am

Woah, that's odd o_O

It diddn't do that when I played it through before, but does now...

Ignore from here!

OK as a quick fix, open up the mod's game.txt and change this line (it's near the top)

3 -1 0 11 4 0

to

3 -1 0 11 4 1

(then create a new profile)

I'll try and investigate why this is happening, because it's a bit of and odd one in my books...

To here!

This should be fixed in the latest version
Last edited by The GoldFish on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:40 am

Just a note: this mod will not work with the Mac version of the game as it is. The "¦" character is not being represented properly in the game.txt and script files. It is instead being represented as "¶", thus launching the game causes an invalid map error. I suppose I could go through the mod and correct all of those for the Mac, but I don't feel like wading through all of the files right now.

As to the
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:45 am

You're kidding >_>

Anyway, I have no idea where that problem came from, but I changed the target locations in all the ¦ maps in game.txt to -1, and that seemed to make it go away from boneyard

Redownload the same rar file, it should include the fix.

I guess there'll be another new one soon with a different character!
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:11 am

OK, updated again, this time replacing ¦s with ªs. Hopefully, macs like those. If they don't, this version gets scrubbed! hehe

The reason for having funky characters is so Darwinia renders them as spaces and so it looks nice in scripts, by the way...

(Means new profile again - if you're currently playing through X+1 on windows you do not need to get the new version)

Edit - Updated again! Fixed a crazy camera bug issue in Madrid that I'd not seen before... I think anyway (this makes X+3)
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 am

great. grabbing now.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:31 pm

Hrm... it still doesn't work, and I cannot find any character that seems to make it work. Sorry.

xander
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:34 pm

installed the x3 version. deleted all profile, and created a new one called "drought". loaded mod. restarted game.
played first level and purposely left Pennancy till last and again the game crashed. :(

I'm gonna have another go now and activate that trunk port first this time.

edit// well you can rule out the pennancy trunkport as i successfully opened it. Seems to crash on whichever is the last one to be activated, just at the point where it would say "All objectives complete, you can leave this location now", except it doesn't :)

Hope you can crack it.
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:13 pm

You segfault Darwinia :(

(I place the blame on Darwinia, rather than the mod, because the mod shouldn't be able to segfault the game.)

hitm4n - you're on Linux too, aren't you?

Return to “Mod Projects”