The Modlist Thread

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:53 pm

Um. I'm using AAA to avoid saying the potential spoiler profile name that it stands for, ie, the thing AAA is the abreiviation of (and that you need to be using)...

That, and it's a bastard to type out

Anyway, I just loaded up Nirvana here and I have 2 engineers on one of the islands. However, if you leave and then return to the zone then they'll vanish. I figure you probably have to reset the level to get them back.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:47 pm

Right you are. I actually thought it was my very first go, and that a reset wouldn't help, but now i think about it, i think i entered the level for a second (to check it loaded) before restarting Darwinia... thats where i lost the engineers. Well, time to try Droughtwinia now :)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:41 am

The irony here is that all of these mods would be on TheNextGame is people just sent them in. People seem to assume that the site is dead because it's never updated, but it's never udpated because no one sends anything in!
The only thing I ask from people sending in mods is that they are in working order - I dont have time to be updating the same mod every day.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:25 pm

Droughtwinia v1.0 added
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:42 am

request: Martin i believe the Civil War mod is yours. Can you supply the readme you mentioned (also for the other one).

Also, all areas are available from the start and theres no script as such (at least not on the couple of levels i tried.) which makes it confusing to play. Do you plan to update this at all ?

request: Peoples experiences with the "War 0.1" mod. Seems to me that without Squads the odds are too overwhelming making all levels unplayable ?
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:35 am

I've uploaded all the mods that I have previously had permission to upload to TNG, and I have requested permission for some others.
The mod 'MaintenanceSyS' I've not uploaded because I can't find any details on who made it, and I hate putting things up without being able to credit the creator. If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd be happy.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:22 am

MaintanenceSYS
Civil War
The Deserts

War

are all my mods. Not quite sure what you mean about the readme hitm4n, do you me a file with the storyline in or just a readme.

As for scripts well that's why the mods are considered unfinished, because I never seem to get scripts properly (if anyone wants to give me a hand...)

War is meant to be hard. It is designed to be only just posible to complete levels if you're really good.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:33 am

Sure, I'll help with any scripting woes, I guess - and I would expect he means a readme, like all the other mods have a readme!

In fact I want to talk to Ice later today about organising out the text document on my desktop containing pretty much everything I can think of on Modding
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:08 pm

Yep a readme, explaining the design of the mod, or at least if theres meant to be an order of play. You mentioned with those last 2 mods that there would be a story or something to send me too...

If you and TGF can get together on these they could turn out to be cool mods. I like the objectives and most level design, but the lack of scripting or plot is a bit naff... :)

And sorry, but War i just don't get. Most levels start with 2 rebirthers for green and 4 or more for red. The odds are just too overwhelming. I tried and failed on them all. Did you manage to complete any of them yourself using just green DW's ?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:32 pm

hitm4n wrote:And sorry, but War i just don't get. Most levels start with 2 rebirthers for green and 4 or more for red. The odds are just too overwhelming. I tried and failed on them all. Did you manage to complete any of them yourself using just green DW's ?

It can be done, it is just difficult. I have finally completed all of the levels, without even cheating :) You just have to manage your initial resources well.

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:43 pm

xander wrote:
hitm4n wrote:And sorry, but War i just don't get. Most levels start with 2 rebirthers for green and 4 or more for red. The odds are just too overwhelming. I tried and failed on them all. Did you manage to complete any of them yourself using just green DW's ?

It can be done, it is just difficult. I have finally completed all of the levels, without even cheating :) You just have to manage your initial resources well.

xander

see. I don't even have to defend my own mods now. :D

as for scripting well TGF check your mailbox and I'll try and get the deserts and maintanenceSYS done (a huge 3 part storyline).
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:07 pm

"The Big Mod" thread added. Good luck on this project TGF + Martin.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:41 pm

Hmm, what have I roped myself into? :O
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:56 pm

The way you quickly finished your mod, and fixed that other mod, you'll probably be able to whizz thru this. Many of the levels are ready built and just need your tweaking skills :)

Be nice to have these 3 mods combined with a coherent story and proper mission objectives to progress... looking forward to it.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:33 pm

and the totally crappiness of civil war is being fixed. :D

Return to “Mod Projects”