The Modlist Thread

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:01 pm

Doesn't bother me. I can reupload, alter my modlist thread in a couple of minutes, and i have plenty of time...

Lack of testing and communication is what causes these problems though.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:03 pm

The GoldFish wrote:No, the version you have is not OK, please do not upload anything at this time.

Also, the spelling of the mod is nothing to do with me, nor are typos in level names etc.

removed for now.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:14 pm

hitm4n wrote:Lack of testing and communication is what causes these problems though.
I quite agree.

Either way, I'll change the archive name to TBM-MS, since this satisfies both the real and the crazy version spelling, though I think it'll still extract into MaintanenceSyS.

I've also implimented Martin's Haven control tower without a crash, though I'm at a loss as to what other changes were made though, so obviously I'll need to talk to him, which is easier to do when he's around.

Sorry about any confusion a few posts bacl - I initially found that I was looking at the unchanged, original version of MS, before I even got involved.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:03 pm

Update.
Insurrection updated, some list changes made. Original of Maintenance Sys replaced till i get the new Big Mod version.

Martin.
When the Big Mod versions are released do you want the original versions i'm hosting removing from this list and my webspace ?

TGF.
MainSys ready yet ? Any news ?

All.
I've given many mods that didn't have version numbers a v0.1 status. My archive of mods now have a naming scheme (see links to martins mods) so i can keep track of versions and updates. Also, i have repacked all mods into Solid Archive Rars reducing many in size. I moved all readmes into the mods own folders and removed all thumbs.db files and other useless files saving even more space. Mods also unpack to a folder where the folder name includes the version number.

All.
Anyway, i'm thinking (only thinking at mo) about creating a download page for all mods. Nothing fancy, but will be complete with version numbers, author names, number of levels and my personal review. Stellar and TNG both don't hold ALL mods available yet, so is it worth me doing this ? edit// skip that. I'm gonna make post 1 here better by adding authors names and my own ratings.

Names added so far. Ratings to come when i've played ALL mods.

hitm4n.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:16 pm

I dont hold all mods yet because I'm waiting on permissions and stuff being finished. I've holded off uploaded martin's mods until they are all finished, but I've got a couple here I'm going to upload later.
It's up to you, but ultimately, TNG will have them all, hopefully :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 pm

hitm4n wrote:Update.
Martin.
When the Big Mod versions are released do you want the original versions i'm hosting removing from this list and my webspace ?

yes, please.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:59 pm

Big Mod version of Maintenance Sys added and updated to 1.01.
Hopefully its the correct one now. Old Maintenance Sys removed from list.

TGF. Are you working on Deserts now ?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:20 pm

No, TGF is doing the Civil War (part2 of the mod) scripting and I'm doing a total rebuild of the deserts.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:27 pm

i thought one was set before and one after the deserts ?
no matter, it means i've listed them in the wrong order in my modlist.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:56 pm

OK, here goes
MaintenanceSYS, the actions here cause a;
Civil War, which leads to the Darwinians going into;
TheDeserts, where something happens which causes the events in;
... but I've said too much :D
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:10 am

Ok, with the exception of trickfreds mods (because I've not heard from him about hosting permission yet), the Darwinian Commando mod (because its basically just 1 empty level), and the second 2 parts of martins trilogy (because they are being redone), I think I've got every available mod on TNG now.
If there are any I've missed, or anyone has any that aren't on there they would like me to host, please let me know!
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:38 am

Theres martins Civil War mod. You could host that at least till the Big Mod version is done (you are hosting The Deserts after all).

Theres The GoldFish's version of Hacked, which is properly scripted, fixed and completable now... Well worth adding IMO.

Theres Insurrection, but i guess you are waiting for v1.0 ?

Commando. It is playable. Either you're listing all mods or being choosey ? If you are employing quality control, then theres 1 or 2 that need removing !! ;)

Then like u say, theres Trickfreds Arcade Remix and Enemy Within part 2.

Of all this i do think you should have Civil War and Hacked. Insurrection soon, and Commando simply for completeness.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:46 am

The version of hacked on the site is TGF's fixed version. I didnt realise that I had Thedeserts on there, I guess I forgot. I might upload CivilWar later, but since the fixed version is going to be released soon enough, I don't see much point. And yeah, I'm waiting for Insurection to be finished.

I guess i'll add Darwinian Commando later on.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:23 am

Cool. I hope you don't mind me running the modlist. Its not in competition, i just think its handy to have an up to date list in the forum for newcomers and mod hunters. We can keep each other in check too...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:25 am

Just FYI, hitm4n: on the front page, where you list my mod followed by my name -- the "x" in xander should be lower case :)

kthxbye

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”